V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Feb 28, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #946 of 1,475
Well I don't want to get ridiculous here but... I read about how some people swear by putting a little bit of olive oil on the tips every once in a while. I googled around and found other support for the ideal that olive oil is good/not bad for your ears so I tried it out. I was pretty impressed too. They DO slide in easier and i think it might help a bit with the seal.

... olive oil, I feel stupid even saying it, but its an improvement.

Feb 28, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #947 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I don't want to get ridiculous here but... I read about how some people swear by putting a little bit of olive oil on the tips every once in a while. I googled around and found other support for the ideal that olive oil is good/not bad for your ears so I tried it out. I was pretty impressed too. They DO slide in easier and i think it might help a bit with the seal.

... olive oil, I feel stupid even saying it, but its an improvement.

Doctors suggest a couple of drops of oil, like olive oil, in the ear to soften wax so that the wax is easier to flush out.

Feb 28, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #948 of 1,475
Olive oil and garlic can be good for ear aches so I don't see how it would do any harm and when using it for ear aches you are putting a couple of drops right on the ear drum. It works (warmed) as I used to use it for my kids all the time.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #949 of 1,475
After noticing a bit of a bad fit in my right ear I switched the tip from a small to a medium. All I can say is
eek.gif
where did that bass come from? Huge improvement in sound quality from getting one ear to fit right. The left one is still a small, but now it has a clear tip so I won't have one black and one clear, I really need some black mediums. Maybe I don't need those UE-5Cs after all.

And apparently Gizmodo thinks the Red Roxx and La Mocha have more bass than their earlier flashback chrome pair.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...uds-240423.php

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #950 of 1,475
Woudln't agree with Gizmodo on that one, they are the same (to my ear...).

Meh, I have some black medium/large lying around if anyone needs.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #951 of 1,475
Does anybody know if the Etymotic ER6i triple or double flange tips actually fit on V-Moda Vibes?

I found some cheap immitations on eBay which supposedly fit on the Vibes and Senns CX300, but if Etymotics has a compatible set I'd go with that.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #952 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After noticing a bit of a bad fit in my right ear I switched the tip from a small to a medium. All I can say is
eek.gif
where did that bass come from? Huge improvement in sound quality from getting one ear to fit right. The left one is still a small, but now it has a clear tip so I won't have one black and one clear, I really need some black mediums. Maybe I don't need those UE-5Cs after all.

Surprisingly i'm having the same result (with small on the left and medium on the right). I think the effect is creating a slightly uneven image of the sound. The slight difference in balance thus, reduces the unnatural reproduction of stereo music from headphones. I dont know, but it's really interesting....

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #953 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by BackJauer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know if the Etymotic ER6i triple or double flange tips actually fit on V-Moda Vibes?

I found some cheap immitations on eBay which supposedly fit on the Vibes and Senns CX300, but if Etymotics has a compatible set I'd go with that.

There is a set going around on ebay thats compatible, a few people have got it already =]
Not so much on etys, if I am correct its same one as im716, and that is a totally different format.

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #954 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Why does everybody complain about my Gold leather pouch
smily_headphones1.gif
(we are making BLACK soon don't worry). Its smaller than I thought, and very cool! ...

Erm.. can I have one please?
biggrin.gif
I ordered my vibes already, they didn't arrive yet but I would gladly exchange the gold pouch from a black pouch.
wink.gif
If you had told us before I would have waited.
tongue.gif
Now I think I will have to use the gold pouch or give it to my wife.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #955 of 1,475
Haha, yea the gold pouch was really a bad one for most guys. I mean it's all original and stuff, but i just don't see myself walking down the street with a gold pouch that resembles my nanny's purse.
tongue.gif

If you want design ideas, having a red V printed across a black pouch would be an awesome way to show off your vibes.

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #956 of 1,475
I thought the gold pouch was just fine for me... I didn't feel odd carrying it around with me. I use it all the time to store the earbuds and the plug, and wrap the wire around the pouch, and stuff it in my jacket pocket with my MP3 player.
cool.gif

As for the cable wrap, I used it with a really long interconnect that came with my MP3 player. Sadly I don't have anything to hook it up to yet
blink.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #957 of 1,475
black pouch with red v. I'll second that (something that would match the VIP card maybe?). I could see how they were going for something different which is commendable although I do agree that it does look like a granny accessory. Something more innovative than just black and red fake leather would be cool, but I certainly haven't thought of anything amazing yet.

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #958 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
black pouch with red v. I'll second that (something that would match the VIP card maybe?). I could see how they were going for something different which is commendable.

Lol - well, that is why - me and Joseph (our lead designer) like things very different ... we know everybody loves black and red without a doubt, that's our corporate colors
very_evil_smiley.gif
. but gold/silver is in style the last few fashion seasons. I guess we'll be conscious that the vast majority of our users are not as eclectic as Joe and I, when I step outside of LA I am sometimes stared at like an alien from outter space (well in LA sometimes too).

I'll make the black pouch available online when its out eventually in May and it won't cost much for head-fiers who want it, but gold is still in and its unique - so flaunt it! BTW - anybody notice the pouch fits a iPod nano?

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #959 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW - anybody notice the pouch fits a iPod nano?

I noticed that it fits all of my credit/identification/membership cards...

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #960 of 1,475
Just had a Vibe revelation. I had not hooked them up to any of my amps (nothing too fancy, a Cmoy with OPA2227 and a PA2V2), and what a mistake. Have my Zen Vision M set with no EQ, no bass boost, and the Vibes with the Cmoy, wow. Plenty of bass, sounds excellent.

I decided my ears were different "sizes," so I use the small tip in the right and medium in the left. Perfect seals. All I can say is now I have lug around the Cmoy. To my ears, using the amp really brings out the best in the Vibes (silver). I was using my Ety ER4Ps earlier (also amped), and I have to say, the Vibes are sounding like a full-time replacement (at least when I don't need a complete seal, i.e., on trains, planes and buses, etc.). I didn't have the same feeling a month ago, but with several overnight burn-in sessions and the amp, they sound so much better. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back