V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Oct 1, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #1,006 of 1,343
There is no firmware beyond 2.0.1 for the VAMP and 1.0.0 for the VERZA, and you can check by connecting it to your iPhone, turn the VAMP / VERZA on, the go to the settings, general, and about menu to see the version number. I am using both with iOS 7.0.2 with no issues.

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #1,007 of 1,343
  Really?  is there one for Verza too? Might just send them both in. How do I go about? Just check the website and I do not see anything related and I never registered my stuff :)

cost? anybody got it done yet? 

just sent an email to V-moda

Thanks again 

Verza is newer and has not needed an upgrade.  The upgrade should be covered by the warranty.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #1,008 of 1,343
I think he was asking if the Verza works with IOS7.

Answer is yes.

Quote:
  The latest firmware would need to be installed by V-Moda and would need to ship or have been shipped to them for the upgrade.  It is not user upgradeable.

anybody here using the Vamp with latest iphone firmware?

selling my Vamp and I was asked
Thanks in advance

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #1,009 of 1,343
Crap!  So after 2+ weeks of waiting, this is the reply I get from V-MODA about compatibility  with my ATT HTC One X

William,
You'll need to have toggles in the right positions...to charge your device...connect HTC with mini USB plug and have toggle in USB Dac mode and vamp mode.
Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service

SERIOUSLY????  Like I haven't done that at all?  I wish this would've worked out.  Time to return it and find somebody/somewhere reputable to fulfill my AMP/DAC needs.

Honestly, if V-MODA gave me a straight up answer that it doesn't work with my phone, I may have changed phones to make it work.  But oh well.  Lies will only get you so far.  Sayonara VAMP Versa, am on my way to better things.  if I am wrong and I you have had success in using the ATT HTC One X than by all means let me know.  I have 1 more week before I return to the USA to return the VAMP Versa.  Am not trolling, works great with the PC and MAC but not my phone.

Thanks!
William Lee

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #1,010 of 1,343
Before you are all piss off for nothing, why not post some pics or vids about your settings so we can debug... again.  But Android support for DAC/AMP is always iffy.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #1,011 of 1,343
  Crap!  So after 2+ weeks of waiting, this is the reply I get from V-MODA about compatibility  with my ATT HTC One X

William,
You'll need to have toggles in the right positions...to charge your device...connect HTC with mini USB plug and have toggle in USB Dac mode and vamp mode.
Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service

SERIOUSLY????  Like I haven't done that at all?  I wish this would've worked out.  Time to return it and find somebody/somewhere reputable to fulfill my AMP/DAC needs.

Honestly, if V-MODA gave me a straight up answer that it doesn't work with my phone, I may have changed phones to make it work.  But oh well.  Lies will only get you so far.  Sayonara VAMP Versa, am on my way to better things.  if I am wrong and I you have had success in using the ATT HTC One X than by all means let me know.  I have 1 more week before I return to the USA to return the VAMP Versa.  Am not trolling, works great with the PC and MAC but not my phone.

Thanks!
William Lee

As Dr. Sheep said.  Post a quick pic of your toggle switch positions so that we can try to help you out.  

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,012 of 1,343
Also, your complete hardware, software, and cable setup including firmware, software, and app versions.  I am thinking about going into the ATT store with my VERZA just to help you debug.

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,013 of 1,343
Thanks guys.  Am still in Taiwan and then off to Japan for a few days.  I'll post pics or video when I get back next week.  Am already thinking about getting another phone that will work with the VERZA if all else fails.

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #1,014 of 1,343
Verza and iPhone/iPad iOS7 owners. Have any of you tried plugging your iDevice via CCK to the microUSB instead of the USB connector? Could you please check if this works?

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #1,015 of 1,343
  Thanks guys.  Am still in Taiwan and then off to Japan for a few days.  I'll post pics or video when I get back next week.  Am already thinking about getting another phone that will work with the VERZA if all else fails.

The new AK10 might work for you, but it seems that you will need to get your own OTG cable.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,016 of 1,343

The new AK10 might work for you, but it seems that you will need to get your own OTG cable.

Thanks DrSheep.

After countless configurations and cables, including OTG cables I have finally given up on using the Verza with HTC One X as an amp and DAC.  It can however, charge my phone when I connect it to the Verza with the USB to micro USB cable.  :p

The Verza works fine with the PC at work, my MacBook pro and my iPod nano.

I really do like the sound I'm getting from the Verza so I'll keep it around.  I guess I'm going to look for another device to serve as my audio player.  Besides, I'm converting my CD's to lossless format so it would make sense to get something that can play ALAC.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,017 of 1,343
yes,I for one would like something for using with iPod classic as that can't be beat for memory
26.gif

I love my verza with my ipod classic 160gb. Holds my whole collection and sounds great. Just wish they made a touch with that kind of capacity as I would prefer the flexibility of the touch interface and EQ apps that the classic can't provide. Someday...

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,020 of 1,343
Sorry for the multiple posts, I keep thinking of different questions to ask you guys.

Does anybody know if VMODA are including the Tuono Lightning Cable with new purchases of the Vamp Verza?

Are customers who purchased the Vamp Verza prior to the Tuono's availability, eligible to receive it for for free? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back