V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Aug 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #888 of 1,343
New review from Tyll @ Innerfidelity:

He likes it!  PS - VAMP VERZA includes Tuono now from V-MODA.com/VAMP

Good-bye Rubber Bands, Hello V-Moda Vamp Verza and Metallo Case

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/good-bye-rubber-bands-hello-v-moda-vamp-verza-and-metallo-case

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #890 of 1,343
Aug 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #892 of 1,343
Quote:
There you have it. It doesnt cater to the vmoda M100. 80 ohms and up impedance headphones reccomended.

Sure, I guess we can just let Val explains why he would design an amp for the M-100 that doesn't go well with it (j/k).  The M-100 sounds fine with the VERZA.

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #893 of 1,343
See i have some sennheiser HD650 at work i am playing with. Not looking to have it power HD800 but just want it to power HD650. It if was just for M100 i would use the Fiio e17 and call it a day. In the past in car audio i buy a car amplifier based on Damping Factor. Damping factor is the amount of control the amplifier has over the speakers. Is there a similar rating in headphone amplifiers? See ill spend money if it is justified and as of right now the Verza is just convenient but double or triple price of the other one being recommended. Convenience and style does come with a price but there must be a major separation between the 2 amplifiers.

Im also new to the forum and trying to learn what to look for as this is a new realm to me.

I'm a moderate volume listener and the Verza will drive the HD650 and HD700 to satisfaction. For my loudest listening, I got to around 75-80% of max. I listen to a lot of jazz/easy, but get into some classic rock and contemporary. The biggest problem I had were older recordings with much lower RMS volumes.

fwiw, I liked the HD650 with my original vamp better. If you've got an iPhone 4/4S, I think it's a better option. The "3D" setting worked better for some songs and I just liked the overall tonal balance better.

I also like the verza with my HE-500. A home amp drives them a little better, but I'm VERY happy when wearing them and working around the house w the Verza.

Aug 15, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #894 of 1,343
Good to know that the VAMP and VERZA works for 300 ohms cans.

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #897 of 1,343
Quote:
I wonder why Val or someone from VMODA wont respond or let us know whats up with why the verza wont work with the Samsung galaxy s4! At least let us know if it might ever work with it

Quote:
The issue is the S4 doesn't support the USB spec that allows the phone to act as a master AND slave at the same time - so this really is a Samsung issue

Val did responded, and it was exactly as Jeremy explained, and worse that Samsung changed it in the hardware so there is no easy fix for this.

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #900 of 1,343
Well how can a cheap FIIO work with usb and not a verza via usb. There are a few others that work via usb and they didn't cost 600 bones!

We were talking about USB On The Go for Android, not your USB connect from a PC/MAC. The VERZA is a USB DAC after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back