V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #271 of 1,343
This just hit me: if it might not work with the micro USB port, will it work with the regular USB port in USB-DAC mode?  I just tested this right now and I can confirm that IT DOES WORK!!!  So for iDevice users you have two choices on how to AMP/DAC with the VERZA: 1, you can use the default iAMP mode to use the AKM, or 2, use the USB-DAC mode to use the Burr-Brown!!  And with this test I was able to repeat the stronger bass from my original test done with iTunes for the VERZA in USB-DAC mode, so now I can 100% say that the Burr-Brown does give off a slighter stronger AMP on your music and more bass compare to the AKM.  This will be another great option for iDevice users on how to fine tune the sound with the VERZA.  Stand by for the micro USB test later.  One important note on this is that you might have to completely turn off the VERZA (at zero volume with the click) then switch mode to completely reset the VERZA, especially when you are charging it with a computer.  The micro USB cable will also needs to be unplugged.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #272 of 1,343
Quote:
UPGRADE PROGRAM FOR VAMP 4/4S USERS
I got temporary authorization through March 31st o get current VAMP owners $250 off of VAMP VERZA without the hassle of trading/sending it in.  This is essentially the landed unit cost of the product not including R&D, so we are doing this as a service and thanks for existing customers.  

This way you can keep your first VAMP or sell it on your choice of site and essentially upgrade for free.

1)  use the coupon code "VAMPUPGRADE"
2) write down the order # and VAMP 4/4S serial # (on bottom) on piece of paper next to you original VAMP
3)  take a pic with your camera and send email to support@v-moda.com
4) Get VAMP VERZA

CASE/iPhone 5 UPDATES
Coming soon...

Just ordered matte black.  Thank you for this generous upgrade offer.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #273 of 1,343
Quote:
This just hit me: if it might not work with the micro USB port, will it work with the regular USB port in USB-DAC mode?  I just tested this right now and I can confirm that IT DOES WORK!!!  So for iDevice users you have two choices on how to AMP/DAC with the VERZA: 1, you can use the default iAMP mode to use the AKM, or 2, use the USB-DAC mode to use the Burr-Brown!!  And with this test I was able to repeat the stronger bass from my original test done with iTunes for the VERZA in USB-DAC mode, so now I can 100% say that the Burr-Brown does give off a slighter stronger AMP on your music and more bass compare to the AKM.  This will be another great option for iDevice users on how to fine tune the sound with the VERZA.  Stand by for the micro USB test later.  One important note on this is that you might have to completely turn off the VERZA (at zero volume with the click) then switch mode to completely reset the VERZA, especially when you are charging it with a computer.  The micro USB cable will also needs to be unplugged.

To clarify, Verza drives your M-100 to satisfying volume at about 30% power?

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #275 of 1,343
Quote:
To clarify, Verza drives your M-100 to satisfying volume at about 30% power?

Yes, and actually I think it was a hair under 30%.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #277 of 1,343
Quote:
What exactly is 30%. The VERZA has a potentiometer, so is that the 8 'oclock position?

0% volume for the potentiometer on the VERZA is the 7 o'clock position and 50% is at the 12 o'clock, so 30% is about half way between 10 and 11 o'clock position.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #278 of 1,343
Quote:
0% volume for the potentiometer on the VERZA is the 7 o'clock position and 50% is at the 12 o'clock, so 30% is about half way between 10 and 11 o'clock position.

7 o'clock is off.
8 o'clock is on (30 degrees used just for the on click).
5 o'clock is max vol.

So useable volume is 8 o'clock -> 5 o'clock (i.e. 270 degrees of 0-100% volume)
30% is 81 degrees of useable volume (or 2.7 o'clock from 8 o'clock position = 10.7 o'clock).

Yep, somewhere between 10 & 11 o'clock :D.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #280 of 1,343
Quote:

7 o'clock is off.
5 o'clock is max vol.

30% is 81 degrees of useable volume (or 2.7 o'clock from 8 o'clock position = 10.7 o'clock).

^^Only on Head-Fi...

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #281 of 1,343
Mar 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #282 of 1,343

7 o'clock is off.
5 o'clock is max vol.

Tons of assumptions needed too! e.g. Rate of volume is linear, blah, blah.

Aren't most audio volume pots logarithmic? So you'd need like the cosine of 81 degrees times the hypotenuse of something or other, divided by the cube root of pi.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #283 of 1,343
Aren't most audio volume pots logarithmic? So you'd need like the cosine of 81 degrees times the hypotenuse of something or other, divided by the cube root of pi.
I don't know but you're most probably right. This is the last time I'm probably gonna joke about something I don't know ever again :p.

Edit: I'll shut up about this topic now. Sorry to the audience.

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #284 of 1,343
going to my local store to demo these bad boys out

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #285 of 1,343
I received mine yesterday. I honestly am having a hard time hearing the difference using the m100s and the headphone out on my iphone 5 aside from being able to go louder which wasn't really a problem in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back