V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #196 of 1,343
Quote:
Hey Val

Can you clear up some confusion on the Iphone 5?  Will using the current lightning adapter with the Verza bypass the dac in the adapter?  Or is the cable you are working on going to do that?  Is the below cable from venture craft essentialy what you are going to release and would that venture craft cable achieve true line out?

http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Adapter-Digital-Short-Cable/dp/B00AQ96U0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363404827&sr=8-1&keywords=venturecraft+lightning

Actually I'm thinking V-moda will release their own cables rather than using on VentureCraft's. Also there's nothing special about the VentureCraft's cable. It's really just a USB to microUSB and the Lightning adapter thereafter. If you have the Apple Lighting Adapter, then you just need the USB to microUSB :-

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #198 of 1,343
Thanks for clarifying that. I figured they would make their own. I have a lightning to 30 pin adapter right now.

So using the lightning to micro USB, then a microusb to USB will be a true line out since the verza is officially licensed correct?

Actually I'm thinking V-moda will release their own cables rather than using on VentureCraft's. Also there's nothing special about the VentureCraft's cable. It's really just a USB to microUSB and the Lightning adapter thereafter. If you have the Apple Lighting Adapter, then you just need the USB to microUSB :-

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #200 of 1,343
Quote:
I can have that cable ship for half price of Amazon. 
And these cable also come in various color.

Quote:
That's great for you! Does yours include the actual lighting adapter too?

Maybe you should share that info here & help KCxSmacker and others who may have the same request?

Like waht AnakChan said, haquocdung, please do list it if you have it. It would help not only I but the community. 

thanks

cheers

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #201 of 1,343
I would be much more tempted if Val had managed to do away with a cabled LOD. When I first read about docking I thought that he had designed a way for the amp and phone to connect without needing a clunky bit of cable with plugs...

The only way to accomplish this would be if the manufacturer designed the phone w/such a scenario in mind... Perhaps building in docking pogo pins on the rear like HTC has done w/a few phones (original Nexus, One X, etc.). Otherwise the best Val could do would be to build the connection into the case, making it bigger and clunkier, and that would require some pass-thru for charging/sync/etc.

A solution like that doesn't have to be clunky (Venturecraft's Go-Dap was pretty slick), but it does requires a unique physical dock shape for each model of phone, so it's lifespan is inherently limited.

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #202 of 1,343
Val

Thank you for continuing to come up with great innovative ideas and design, I am loving this new set up especially for us S3 owners.

Do you know if anyone has tested the case to see if it allows the NFC and wireless charging to work?

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #203 of 1,343
Just took my stupid dogs to the vet for a check up and they charged me about the same amount as a VAMP VERSA and there's nothing wrong with the damn dogs!  I want my money back so that it can go to a VAMP VERSA!!!!  
confused_face.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #205 of 1,343
Mar 17, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #206 of 1,343
I think this DAC/amp sounds very interesting! The android/ios compatibility is something I've been missing. I really dont care about the metallo case. While a case might become obsolete when you buy a new phone/media player, the Verza itself does not. Even if you shift from iOS to android or the other way.

Can't wait to se how the Verza compares to Fostek HP-P1!

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #208 of 1,343
Hey Val,

Really love what you guys are doing over at V-MODA.  Any package discounts for purchasing the M-100 and VAMP VERZA together?  I would get a METALLO too if you made one for the HTC One X series but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.  Thanks!

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #209 of 1,343
Ok I didn't even know I got my VERZA until now, and from order to my place only took three and a half days!  Here my quick unboxing of the white/orange version, but review will have to wait as the battery is completely dead.

Box of VAMP and VERZA

Open box

QuiqCard removed

Content

VERZA in pearl white and metallic orange

Back of QuiqCard for settings

Over all the VERZA is slightly bigger than the VAMP but only about 3/5 as thick.  The gray "X" part is of semi-soft plastic like the black part from the VAMP.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #210 of 1,343
Ok I charged my VERZA and here is my first test drive of it with my iPod Touch 5th Gen with the M-100.  All I have to say is WOW, if the iPhone 4/4S with VAMP was great, than this new VERZA just takes the M-100 to a whole new level.  Listening to AKB48's "1830m" with the VERZA at 1/3 volume gives a much stronger base than normal, with the highs and mids remain quite clear.  EQ mode bring the sounds even more base, and EQ + 3D is just too much for me.  As of now I do prefer the sound of my old VAMP as it is more even sounding, however, the overall package and everything else the VERZA trumps the VAMP.  If I have to pick I think I would like the VERZA better, and given time I might grow custom to its sound.  Note that I definitely like the volume control on the VERZA better, as it is more solid (my VAMP's knob is a bit loose) AND you can turn your VERZA completely off with it without touching the toggle controls.  It will be my perfect setup if Val and V-MODA release more Metallo cases so I can retire those (given very nice) rubber bands.  Releasing a 90 degree angled cable for Apple Lightning connection, like what VentureCraft did, would be great too (naturally since the VERZA was derived from the GO-DAP X).

Test Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back