V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Jun 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,261 of 1,343
Is the Clip+/Clip Zip compatible with the Vamp Verza? I was thinking of picking one up to use as a FLAC player, but wanted to make sure it would work with my amp first. Thanks!

Nope. Here's the list.

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,262 of 1,343
If you want one so badly I'll sell you one.

I need 2 actually the same as the ones included in vamp verza that have 90 degrees bend.

But its so strange that I cant find at all on the net, I tried rakuten and the method suggested above when I go to the English to view in history I don't see that cable.

But having such a cable which is an important thing to make it work not being found to buy on the net is worrying me

how much do u want for 2 cables and shipping to israel

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #1,263 of 1,343
Nope. Here's the list.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen the list and it's a bit ambiguous. There's a line at the very bottom listing compatibility with "Windows Devices". I'm not sure if that means devices working with Windows (which would include the Clip) or devices using a Windows OS like Windows phones (which would exclude the Clip). I was hoping to find someone who had tried and could confirm the compatibility or lack thereof.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,264 of 1,343
Thanks for the reply. I've seen the list and it's a bit ambiguous. There's a line at the very bottom listing compatibility with "Windows Devices". I'm not sure if that means devices working with Windows (which would include the Clip) or devices using a Windows OS like Windows phones (which would exclude the Clip). I was hoping to find someone who had tried and could confirm the compatibility or lack thereof.

I've not tried it with my Clip, mainly because as far as I know, the Clip doesn't have a true line out (especially through USB) which is required to use a DAC/AMP. If you have good enough output through your HO you can pretty easily double amp, but without a LO through a USB DACs are pretty much useless. As there is no way to bypass the internal DAC in those instances. So in this case... the answer is still "no" due to the limitations of the Clip. MAYBE the Fuse would be compatible... MAYBE, but I'm not really sure about that either (as I do not own a Fuse). 

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #1,265 of 1,343
I've not tried it with my Clip, mainly because as far as I know, the Clip doesn't have a true line out (especially through USB) which is required to use a DAC/AMP. If you have good enough output through your HO you can pretty easily double amp, but without a LO through a USB DACs are pretty much useless. As there is no way to bypass the internal DAC in those instances. So in this case... the answer is still "no" due to the limitations of the Clip. MAYBE the Fuse would be compatible... MAYBE, but I'm not really sure about that either (as I do not own a Fuse). 

Thanks. I think the lack of line out probably precludes using the Clip with the Verza. That's too bad since the price point was really nice as a low risk test bed.

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,266 of 1,343
I'd like to pick up a case/pouch for my Verza/ipod classic combo. Any suggestions?

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,267 of 1,343
Jun 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,268 of 1,343

I'd like to pick up a case/pouch for my Verza/ipod classic combo. Any suggestions?

I'm using the one from ALO Audio

that looks perfect. 

Have you had any problems using the click wheel through the case's vinyl window?

Also where did you get the iPod case from? Really nice 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,269 of 1,343
that looks perfect. 

Have you had any problems using the click wheel through the case's vinyl window?

Also where did you get the iPod case from? Really nice :bigsmile_face:

The iPod case is called iSkin Evo4, but I think it's discontinued. The ALO Audio case vinyl window works sometimes. Most of the time I have to open up the flap to use the click wheel :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,270 of 1,343
Pretty amazing how cheap you can find this verza for now, amazon warehouse deal for the "Shadow Color" - My favorite, just popped up for just under $300, wish I could do a trade, the red/black one would match much better than my white one on my desk.

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #1,271 of 1,343
  Pretty amazing how cheap you can find this verza for now, amazon warehouse deal for the "Shadow Color" - My favorite, just popped up for just under $300, wish I could do a trade, the red/black one would match much better than my white one on my desk.

Nice, and that's pretty close to the cost of manufacturing.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,274 of 1,343
Looks like ALO audio don't ship to UK :mad: would be willing to buy if any of you are selling the ALO Audio Black star. I've also stuck an ad in classified just in case.

Any other suggestions for a case that will fit my Verza/ipod classic combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back