V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Jun 9, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #1,246 of 1,343
Wait, no I apologize, 30-pin to 3.5mm is the l9 connector. Since it's 30-pin to usb it should send digital out. Now as for bypassing I don't know, but it will send it through the v-moda's dac.

All of dacs I've ever used consume at least some battery off my device. I don't know if there's any way around it, except of course charging it with the verza.

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,247 of 1,343
USB is digital with DAC bypass; 3.5mm is analog line out with no DAC bypass.

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #1,248 of 1,343
Now I'm confused. The main reason I bought the Verza was because I understood that it would bypass the iPods internal dac. The following thread actually convinced me to finally pull the trigger and buy one.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/678765/ipods-and-external-dacs#post_9762986

This post says that the external dac will be used as the verza is MFI certified and I am using 30 pin to USB.

Is this not the case?

All that said, The verza has definitely made a significant difference. I'd just like to know if the internal dac is actually bypassed.

EDIT: whether the dac is being used or not though, this still doesn't explain why the ipod battery is draining a lot faster when connected to verza. Has anybody else noticed this?[/quote
I think it has something to do with like how you hook a 600ohm headphone up to your ipod it drains a lot faster.

Who knows how much power the ipod is sending out into the dac since it's bypassing the internals, my guess is a lot.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,249 of 1,343
As the verza comes with a rechargeable battery, I thought it would be able to power it's own dac. Before I got the verza, I was only charging my ipod every 4-5 days, but now I'll need to do it every day.vAlso my e17 never used to draw power from the ipod, but maybe that's something to do with it only acting as an external amp when connected?

Before I bought the verza, I did a lot of reading, but never saw this battery drain mentioned. I think if I'd known before then I Would have thought twice before picking one up, especially I ally as they're quite expensive.

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,250 of 1,343
As the verza comes with a rechargeable battery, I thought it would be able to power it's own dac. Before I got the verza, I was only charging my ipod every 4-5 days, but now I'll need to do it every day.vAlso my e17 never used to draw power from the ipod, but maybe that's something to do with it only acting as an external amp when connected?

Before I bought the verza, I did a lot of reading, but never saw this battery drain mentioned. I think if I'd known before then I Would have thought twice before picking one up, especially I ally as they're quite expensive.

Idk what you're talking about e17 ravaged the battery on my ipod :O

I actually haven't noticed the vamp taking a whole lot in comparison

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #1,251 of 1,343
Idk what you're talking about e17 ravaged the battery on my ipod :O

I actually haven't noticed the vamp taking a whole lot in comparison

Slight mistype there. I only ever used the e17 with my iPhone4. Definitely no battery drain with that. Never got round to trying ipod+e17, as I sold e17 shortly after buying iPod. 

I'm assuming the behaviour should be the same though whether using iPod or iPhone. Unless iOS version also plays a factor?

EDIT: I suppose what I'm trying to understand is, even if the versa does drain idevice battery, why does it need to even do so when it has it's own rechargeable battery. That's what I don't get, but then again I don't know enough about these kind of things, hence why I'm looking for answers.

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,252 of 1,343
When I say ipod I mean ipod touch 5. Which is pretty darn close to a iphone.

The internal battery is used, the reason your ipod drains is because it's sending out more electricity into the vamp. If you set your phone out put it on max volume and just played it via the speaker, it'd drain in the same time

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #1,253 of 1,343
from where can i buy this microUSB to microUSB Cable, i can't find it anywhere

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,254 of 1,343
  from where can i buy this microUSB to microUSB Cable, i can't find it anywhere

Get one from VentureCraft or eBay.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/japanshop/c/0000000117/

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #1,255 of 1,343
i couldn't find it on ebay, can u send me a link

and the other site is in chinese

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #1,256 of 1,343
Verza actually comes with a nice 90 degree micro usb to micro usb :p

Update: really enjoying the unit so far. Saved $100 by using adhesive velcro instead of buying the metallo case :)

I really like the 3D setting as well, goes extremely well with a surround sound set up and works well with a PA system too. Haven't tried it with car audio yet.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #1,257 of 1,343
  i couldn't find it on ebay, can u send me a link

and the other site is in chinese

Here is what I called the Rakuten Trick.

1, view the item you want to buy from Rakuten JP, make sure you view the pic.
2, go over to Rakuten US site and view that item in your history.
3, check out as usual, and ignore the international shipping warning, as VentureCraft does ship overseas.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #1,258 of 1,343
so besides rakuten no other online store sells such cables that is so wierd

can someone provide a link to a store other than rakuten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back