V-MODA Unveils M-200 ANC, Its First Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Headphone
Jan 12, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #34 of 137
I'm preparing to buy as well.

I wonder if it will accept a 3.5mm source and do BT at the same time? That would make this a fantastic headset for my xbox. I really like the idea of receiving notifications and calls while playing.

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #35 of 137
I'm preparing to buy as well.

I wonder if it will accept a 3.5mm source and do BT at the same time? That would make this a fantastic headset for my xbox. I really like the idea of receiving notifications and calls while playing.

Heya! Good question. :) While the headphones do not support mixing bluetooth and wired connections, you can connect two bluetooth sources to it simultaneously. So, if you had an aftermarket bluetooth adapter for the Xbox series S, X, etc, you should be able to accomplish this.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #36 of 137
Heya! Good question. :) While the headphones do not support mixing bluetooth and wired connections, you can connect two bluetooth sources to it simultaneously. So, if you had an aftermarket bluetooth adapter for the Xbox series S, X, etc, you should be able to accomplish this.

This is almost even better. Two devices wirelessly is a big win.

Jan 12, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #37 of 137
Post yesterday was probably a bit too long, apologies. He's a Tdlr of questions from the post. Would love to hear from you @AndrewY on any of these. :)

How many mics does the 200anc have for ANC and/or voice pickup for phone calls?

Can they be used in wired mode to listen to music while charging?

What button interface options are present? Specifically interested in skipping tracks, play/pause and volume control and if there's a physical button to trigger the assistant.

Do they have a head detection sensor to power off or go into low power mode when not on ear?

Are the ear cups the same as on the wired m200 such that they are interchangeable or are they different?

Bonus for me - do you know if there would be any way to retroactively use an immortal life coupon during the trial window? Presumably I could get a pair, try them during the trial period, send them back and if I liked them repurchase while applying the coupon, but that doesn't sound like a very considerate solution if there might be another option.

Jan 12, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #38 of 137
Post yesterday was probably a bit too long, apologies. He's a Tdlr of questions from the post. Would love to hear from you @AndrewY on any of these. :)

How many mics does the 200anc have for ANC and/or voice pickup for phone calls?

Can they be used in wired mode to listen to music while charging?

What button interface options are present? Specifically interested in skipping tracks, play/pause and volume control and if there's a physical button to trigger the assistant.

Do they have a head detection sensor to power off or go into low power mode when not on ear?

Are the ear cups the same as on the wired m200 such that they are interchangeable or are they different?

Bonus for me - do you know if there would be any way to retroactively use an immortal life coupon during the trial window? Presumably I could get a pair, try them during the trial period, send them back and if I liked them repurchase while applying the coupon, but that doesn't sound like a very considerate solution if there might be another option.

1. M-200 ANC has a single microphone for communication and an array of four microphones for ANC.
  2. We do not recommend using the headphones in wired mode while charging, though technically they can be.
  3. A full readout of the buttons and their multi-functionality can be found in the user manual here: V-MODA Product Manuals
  4. While the headphones do not have head detection built in, there are options that can be set via the app to power off the headphones after a set interval of not being used or not receiving a signal.
  5. You can swap the ear pads between the M-200 and M-200 ANC.
Updated.

Second update for clarity on microphone question.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #40 of 137
Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #42 of 137
I actually have a soft spot for V-Moda products having experienced its build quality. Truly built to last. It's a shame I can't have shipped from european lands a pair of headphones redeeming my immortal life program. It is what it is tho. Regardless, I'm pleased to know that the sound signature was revised in this new product given its market aiming. The new earpads magnetic design is great as well and I see its widespread in the V-Moda line as one of your best choices in the past years.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #43 of 137
Customized and ordered. It's gonna be a long 5-6 weeks!

When I read the press release saying available now I was really excited. Then I saw 5-6 weeks on V-Moda's website :frowning2: Pre-order may have been a better word, unless I was just very late on ordering :p

I actually have a soft spot for V-Moda products having experienced its build quality. Truly built to last. It's a shame I can't have shipped from european lands a pair of headphones redeeming my immortal life program. It is what it is tho. Regardless, I'm pleased to know that the sound signature was revised in this new product given its market aiming. The new earpads magnetic design is great as well and I see its widespread in the V-Moda line as one of your best choices in the past years.

I didn't even realize they were magnetic! That's great news, more ear pads need to start doing this.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #44 of 137
When I read the press release saying available now I was really excited.

Looking closely, it looks like my order says 6-8 weeks. I could have sworn it said 5-6 but I guess it'll be a long wait after all. I didn't catch that detail until I was already pretty committed.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #45 of 137
Mmm this better beat the pants off the JBL Club One for this price. I initially compared the M200 & JBL when choosing a multi purpose DJ/studio headphone and personally preferred the JBL.

The features are quite similar between the two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back