V-MODA Unveils M-200 ANC, Its First Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Headphone
Jan 11, 2021 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 137

V-MODA

Sponsor: V-MODA
1610376313613.png

The new M-200 ANC combines active noise cancellation with in-app sound control, featuring 6 EQ presets, 10 ANC levels, and custom shields, for a truly customizable experience

Los Angeles, California, January 11, 2021V-MODA, the award-winning manufacturer of the world’s finest high-fidelity audio devices, announces the availability of the M-200 ANC, its first Bluetooth active noise cancelling headphones, featuring award-winning V-MODA sound coupled with hybrid active noise cancellation. The M-200 ANC takes V-MODA customization one step further by working in tandem with the new V-MODA app, allowing listeners to adjust their noise cancellation level and personalize their sound with EQ presets to fit their lifestyle.

“With this new release, we are propelling ourselves into a new generation of headphones that are unlike anything we’ve ever done before and into the V-MODA of the future,” says Luca Bolognesi, VP of Marketing Technology at V-MODA. “We’re thrilled to be introducing our customers to a brand-new kind of ANC headphone where they can fully customize their listening experience, as well as the physical build and design of the headphones they’re wearing.”

The M-200 ANC continues V-MODA’s mission of creating a completely tailored listening experience by working seamlessly together with the V-MODA app, allowing listeners to control their sound as much as if they were right in the studio, personalizing their bass, mids, trebles and highs. With the in-app EQ tool, users can switch between six EQ presets optimized for various listening purposes, manipulate them to create a custom sound signature, or disregard them completely to create their own sound profile from scratch. The 10 different noise cancellation levels are also controllable in-app, neutralizing any outside disturbances to completely envelope the wearer in a sound of their own design.

1610376332564.png

Listeners can make the design of the M-200 ANC headphones completely their own with V-MODA’s customization options by easily switching out the decorative shields. Starting with six striking color choices, they can even be laser engraved or color printed with the listener’s own logo or design as an extension of their own personal style.

The M-200 ANC is the perfect companion for busy lives, with 20 hours of ANC-activated playback on a single charge and an intuitive UI. The headphones also boast smart features such as “Voice In,” which momentarily lowers the volume and pauses ANC when the left earcup is covered, escalating the convenience factor and allowing the user to focus on moments that matter.

V-MODA is wholly dedicated to creating comprehensive products, placing an equally high value on sound, creative features, and high-quality build and design. While soft to the touch with a 100% premium PU leather exterior, the M-200 ANC is also extremely durable thanks to a metal-build core and flexible headband. Providing extra protection, the M-200 ANC folds easily into its protective Exoskeleton Carry Case for safe travel and storage whenever needed so that your sound can move with you.

1610376347564.png

V-MODA M-200 ANC Features
  • Driver Size: 40mm - perfect driver-to-housing ratio for an optimal sound reflection and high-quality sound that packs a punch
  • Driver Build: Neodymium magnets with CCAW (copper-clad aluminum wire) coils. Higher sensitivity and substantial sound output from lighter, more powerful magnets. CCAW coils enhance the movement of diaphragm to improve sound quality
  • Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling: Adjustable in the V-MODA app to tailor the level of noise cancellation needed to cut out outside noise
  • Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.0 for optimal connectivity and no cut outs
  • Bluetooth Audio Codecs: Qualcomm aptX HD, AAC, SBC - premium codecs for both Android and iOS devices
  • Mobile App: For customizing sound through different EQ profiles and to adjust noise cancelling level
  • Battery Life: Enjoy 20 hours of wireless playback on one charge with ANC activated, with 10 minutes getting you 1.5 extra hours for those times when you’re in a hurry
  • Voice Assistants: Get help on the go from Google Assistant or Siri
  • Charging: USB-C
  • Frequency Response: 10 - 40,000Hz (Hi-Res Audio certified in wired mode) - able to reproduce the deepest bass to the same standard as the sharpest highs
  • Headband: Adjustable headband with a steel core coated in 100% PU leather, making it more breathable: soft, flexible, but practically indestructible
  • Earpads: PU leather for unparalleled comfort and fatigue-free listening, while 3D Memory foam molds to you for a luxurious fit and superior noise isolation. Earpads are also magnetic and replaceable for easy cleaning and replacement.
  • Detachable Cables: Audio Only Cable added when zero latency is required
  • Weight: 320g - solid enough to feel like premium audio equipment, light enough to feel like it's not even there
  • Warranty: 1-Year + Immortal Life Replacement Program
  • Carry Case: Exoskeleton Carry Case you can pack up and protect your headphones with ease. Also makes the headphones easily portable via accompanying carabiner clip
  • Shield Customization: Choose from a variety of aluminum shield colors to make M-200 ANC yours, with your logo, initials or design laser engraved or color printed to finish them off with a personal touch
Pricing & Availability

The V-MODA M-200 ANC is available now at v-moda.com, Amazon, and select retailers for $499.99.

For the full press kit, including hi-res images, click here.

-----------------​

About V-MODA

Designed in Milan, engineered in Japan and made to create, V-MODA is the music lifestyle brand where state-of-the-art tech meets stylish design. Founded in 2004, V-MODA has won multiple accolades for products that have become best-selling fan favorites and are considered essential gear by top performing artists from a variety of genres. V-MODA joined forces with Roland of Japan on 808 (August 8, 2016), to redefine and develop the next breakthrough in design-centric music products, with the partnership progressing in 2019 to fully incorporate V-MODA into the Roland family and facilitate a greater vision for the growth of both brands. Crafting with a “creators first” approach, Roland and V-MODA create high-quality audio products made for sound as both the artists and audio engineers intended. Visit www.v-moda.com follow us on Facebook, on Twitter (@VMODA) and on Instagram (@VMODA).

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 137
Same tuning as M-200? In terms of function, these look amazing. The M-200 was super overpriced though and $500 would be nuts for the same sound. Crossing my fingers they have been improved.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 137
V-MODA M-200 ANC FAQs
  1. How is the tuning on the M-200 ANC different from the M-200?

The ANC's tuning provides a comfortable listening experience for any musical genre without skipping out on resolution or making any compromises for sound quality.

The M-200 ANCs do not aim for the same level of audio neutrality as the M-200 but rather, their sound profile rests between the M-100 Master and M-200; Their aim is to provide a balance of clarity and bass punchiness for a wide variety of audio applications and listening experiences all of which can be tuned further for user preference using our new mobile app.

2. What is the "Voice In" function on the M-200 ANCs?

The "Voice In" function is a temporary pause for the ANC and reduction for audio levels. You can however adjust the ANC level in-app at any time so you don't have to hold your hand up for prolonged periods. It's more for shorter interactions. Volume levels can be controlled either by your device or using the volume buttons on the headphones. There is also a toggleable on/off button for the ANC on the headphones.

3. How big are the ear cups / pads compared to other V-MODA headphones?

The ear cups on the M-200 ANC are larger than previous headphones (e.g. Crossfade 2 Wireless) as are the pads. The pads that ship out of the box with the M-200 ANC are larger than those that ship with the M-200 for a more comfortable fit.

4. How many Bluetooth sources can be connected to the M-200 ANC simultaneously?

Two Bluetooth devices can be connected to the M-200 ANC simultaneously. Only one can act as an active audio source at a time.

5. Can wired and wireless connections be used simultaneously?

No. You may either connect to up to two Bluetooth sources or a single wired input. The two connection types cannot be mixed.

6. Can the ear pads on the M-200 ANC interchangeable with M-200?

Yes, M-200 and M-200 ANC ear pads are interchangeable with one another.

7. How many microphones does the M-200 ANC utilize?

The M-200 ANC has an array of four microphones for ANC and a single microphone for communication.

The user manual for the M-200 ANC can be found at this link.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 137
Same tuning as M-200? In terms of function, these look amazing. The M-200 was super overpriced though and $500 would be nuts for the same sound. Crossing my fingers they have been improved.

To be honest, adding ANC (good ANC) to any headphone and BT isn't free either. R&D needs to be put into the ANC tech as well as the BT module, DAC, and amp that will be used to drive the headphones. If good, I don't see a problem paying 150 dollars for any of this. I'd rather have the M-200 sound in this than something that might be hit or miss.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 137
To be honest, adding ANC (good ANC) to any headphone and BT isn't free either. R&D needs to be put into the ANC tech as well as the BT module, DAC, and amp that will be used to drive the headphones. If good, I don't see a problem paying 150 dollars for any of this. I'd rather have the M-200 sound in this than something that might be hit or miss.

I completely agree -- both products need to be priced lower. They are significantly more expensive than the Sonys and I'd be willing to bet anyone spending $500 on ANC headphones would go Apple, automatically. I sincerely would buy these at $400, even knowing what the 200 sound like, if they are the same. Price is the problem and it seems as if they shot themselves in the foot with the $350 Meh-200.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 137
I completely agree -- both products need to be priced lower. They are significantly more expensive than the Sonys and I'd be willing to bet anyone spending $500 on ANC headphones would go Apple, automatically. I sincerely would buy these at $400, even knowing what the 200 sound like, if they are the same. Price is the problem.

The Sony isn't known for sounding all that great... Same with the Bose to be honest. If they provide the good sound quality and have the ANC, I feel like 500 is a fair price for them. You're essentially paying 150 dollars for a DAC and amp (some people spend this much on these anyways) along with BT capability and active noise canceling. I do agree that the Apple is going to sell better at this price point, but if V-Moda does it properly, I feel like these would still be the better value.

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #7 of 137
Crossing my fingers! It's premature to judge, especially since we don't know if its the same M-200 driver/tuning by default. I was almost sold with the M-200. A refined version, wireless or not would be awesome.

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 137
They look sleek indeed, but a little to steep in price for me as I'm looking for a replacement for my old M-100. From what I've got by reading M-200 reviews/opinions they - if this is permitted to be said - are like the M-100 but the other way around, not a bass-heavy set but maybe too much to the extent of not being fun to listen to. This ANC wireless version being made with a focus on communication, desktop usage and everyday activity, I would be kind of reticent to know that the same tuning of the M-200 was preserved. For the original M-200, I can understand the tuning, for such new product it would be harder to explain and marketing about.

Jan 11, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #9 of 137
Loving the one I am reviewing now, but this one looks like something I would really use the crap out of. Definitely gonna have to check this one out when the opportunity arises, might replace my WH-1000XM4.

Jan 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #10 of 137
Damn, I can’t be happy with this cable floating around the cups... really, I hate the design, it’s impossible to don’t feel this, sorry but pf...

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 137
Nice

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #12 of 137
After trying the Airpods Max, I think this is super interesting. I would love to see how the V-MODA compete with sound quality, as well as with tech features, at the $500 price range.

I totally expect these to sound unique and better in sound quality than every ANC headphone below $500 - as the APM has.

I’m very excited for a competitor to come in and improve the portable market. I would love having a pair to try out. Good stuff!

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #13 of 137
Question, if you cover the left ear cup, does it simply turn off ANC or does it pipe in outside noise (like a transparency mode type of thing)? If the latter, it would actually be nice to be able to toggle this with a button as well so I don't need to keep holding my hand over the ear cup :p

@AndrewY... Oh and I second the question regarding what drivers it's using and tuning (if it's using the drivers and tuning from the already existing M-200).

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #14 of 137
This is cool, the M200 was a good sounding headphone albeit a little lighter in bass but good timbre, frequency response in general. If the same sound is in these then I'd be happy with that maybe with some bass features which the only drawback of the M200 despite being an improvement over the M100 in pretty much every other area. The future is for sure wireless headphones and we're going to see even more high quality wireless phones moving forward.

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #15 of 137
I liked the M-100, had some good times with that beast. If only they could capture a bit of that magic and put it in wireless form that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back