V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #377 of 1,269
bibas, I'll help ya out! :~D M-100/LP or M-80 sized? What's the style you're going for so I can know what to aim for with fonts and sizing an' stuff. What name and number? Bibas 42? xD How do you want them placed? Regular or the other inverted negative thing?

Wow, didn't see the name under the tree either, those, those are really awesome.

I'd go matte black and grey pads as another reason for not gloss is fingerprints. Up to you. :~P I've got shadow with glossy shields and I'm happy with them, so I don't have a lot of experience with that, but yeahh..

Like the imperial designs! Looks nice with the Pearls, I generaly don't like pearls much, but those make me reconsider a bit.

LP's are pretty solid, and I know what you mean, I'm kind of wanting to get M-100's now, but I like my supra-aural m-80's, but meh, that's a different discution (on or over ear.)

My friend recently got some LP's (gunmetal), he didn't know much about them, his dad gave them to him. I got to try 'em out to compare LP's to M-80's, making me happy, it was interesting. I want to try some m-100's! Anyone compared in person all 3?

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #378 of 1,269
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #386 of 1,269
Daft Punk one looks nice, but I agree with what was said earlier. Like to see it if you get them.

Visor, I personally think it'll come out fine, the jagedy-ness of the font should still look jagged, the letters will look fine probably, any details that won't come out will probably just end up looking jagged. it you look realy close to the edges of angled strait lines on designs, they're a liiiitle jagged, so for that reason I think yours will come out well. If it needs to be OCD exact, probably not.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #387 of 1,269
Daft Punk one looks nice, but I agree with what was said earlier. Like to see it if you get them.

Visor, I personally think it'll come out fine, the jagedy-ness of the font should still look jagged, the letters will look fine probably, any details that won't come out will probably just end up looking jagged. it you look realy close to the edges of angled strait lines on designs, they're a liiiitle jagged, so for that reason I think yours will come out well. If it needs to be OCD exact, probably not.

Can I just send them the cropped image like so or do I need to send it with the template cause I'm really bad at PS and all that stuff... Can they just place up the design for me?

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #388 of 1,269
Quote:
Can I just send them the cropped image like so or do I need to send it with the template cause I'm really bad at PS and all that stuff... Can they just place up the design for me?

Yerp-a-derp.  :~)  It's what I did with the music note on my left shield, I just found the best design of it in the highest quality and sent it. I added a little note saying to make it take up as much space as posibble as not to waste space, but without altering the proportions, like warping or turning the image, as I heard sometimes the image gets shrunk or something by accident. They're getting better at them though so all in all you should probably be fine just sending in the cropped image. I mean if you're paranoid, you could just send customs@v-moda.com an email checking if it'd work.

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #389 of 1,269
I think it looks good and thats a good size. Laser engraving can pick up very small details and your design doesn't have too many other than the specks coming off the tail of the "R". I think it will work

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #390 of 1,269
Quote:
Alright guys, i decided on getting the V moda white pearl lp's with matte black shields and black cushions. Here's the design i'm thinking of putting on them. What do you guys think? Do you think that I used my space effectively and is the pic too detailed? Please feel free to leave any criticism so I can improve on this. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/visor96/media/over-ear-shield-blank-template_photoshop1_zps5b71d40f.png.html

I think it looks good and thats a good size. Laser engraving can pick up very small details and your design doesn't have too many other than the specks coming off the tail of the "R". I think it will work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back