V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jan 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #364 of 1,269
Quote:
Does anyone know for the "Shadow" M-100 colour how good the headband material is? Looks like some sort of fabric.

Micro-fiber suede, feels nice, mine's been holding up(m-80) I think it looks fine, and I've also been keeping my headphones with me almost constantly wearing them ever since I got them, it feels nice, looks fine and holds up well so far, haven't seen any wear as of yet. I'd say it's pretty good material. I haven't tried drawing stuff in it, I don't think you can actually do that.. I'll try it sometime, it's microfiber suede, so no long fibers to look funny when you brush it one way or another.. I dunno.

Shields: That looks great, the detailing is fine, like was said, looks like a tree still from further away, and cool details up close. Also, nice pictures!

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #365 of 1,269
Just got my matte black shields in with my imperial stamp. Looks great. Well done IMO.

Before:

DSC02431.JPG

AFTER:

DSC02435.JPG

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #367 of 1,269
All these M-100 posts are making me feel sad that I didnt send my LP2s back to fund some M-100s....

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #368 of 1,269
Quote:
That looks awesome.

Thanks! I thought they looked nice before with the red on white. Which actually matches the case :) But this matte black is awesome with almost anything! LOL
Quote:
All these M-100 posts are making me feel sad that I didnt send my LP2s back to fund some M-100s....

Don't really feel too bad, I thought about the LP2's for a long while but when the M-100's came out, and saw that these actually folded, I was sold. I knew the quality sound and build was there from my OG LP's, so I wasn't worried at all. :)

LP2 are awesome cans too! :)

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #371 of 1,269
Matte matches the cups better IMO, but I imagine either works depending on the look you're going for... Glossy might be too blingy on top of the pearl/silver color scheme, but that's just me... I'm not a huge fan of the pearls either way tho I do think they look better with darker shields.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #372 of 1,269
Quote:
Matte matches the cups better IMO, but I imagine either works depending on the look you're going for... Glossy might be too blingy on top of the pearl/silver color scheme, but that's just me... I'm not a huge fan of the pearls either way tho I do think they look better with darker shields.

I concur. Mine are the M100 white silver with matte black. As you can see I had the glossy red prior to switching out the new matte ones. So either does work depending on what type of look you are going for. GL

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #374 of 1,269
Quote:
Hey,

Here are a few photos of my shields. I have been waiting for them for about a month now becasue of a bit of a mix-up when I ordered my M-100's.

The left Shield has my name on it under the tree and the right one doesn't. Now that I got them I dont know if im completly happy with them so I have only half installed them. I desigined the picture myself for the shield but now feel it may be a bit detailed for such a small area, what do you think?

Wow! Those are imo one of the best looking shields ever, and I have seen a whole lot of shields...I haven't yet seen a shield I would switch mine for but that may be it. V-Moda has really improved their process since they started making custom shields. I think the detail level there is amazing...wow...

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #375 of 1,269
Yeah, I don't see why he was somewhat disappointed, they're some of the most unique shields I've seen. Perfectly sized too, not sure what significance the tree has to him but it's interesting, I could see someone stopping him to ask about it.

I just looked at them again on my desktop at full size and noticed the name under the tree, when I first read the post I thought he was talking about a different shield that wasn't pictured. :p It's a subtle detail, but a nice one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back