V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Jan 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #332 of 1,269
I'm just about to order an M-100(I'm late, I know), and I am currently undecided on these two designs.

<link>

and

<link>

EDIT: Nevermind, I've chosen the second one. This is what it will look like on the shield:

Nice, eh?

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #336 of 1,269
For my tastes thats a little too much..... Seems like its for people who have more time on their hands, and dont want to drop $45 on customs.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #337 of 1,269
Quote:
That's pretty badass, what did you use for painting it?

Quote:
For my tastes thats a little too much..... Seems like its for people who have more time on their hands, and dont want to drop $45 on customs.

Hahaha both of you have been fooled
tongue_smile.gif
....that's just some stick-ons so it's removable.
Only the metal cup holders are sprayed-on and the screws painted with paint marker.

Anyway AAron94 I'm a cheapo
biggrin.gif
 and were talking customs here which is meant more for me so your taste dont count
tongue_smile.gif

Basically just wanted to spark some creativity and different look rather than the plain old boring white design over limited color background
which anyone with 45 bucks can do.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #338 of 1,269
xD Hahaha, well I like the decepticon one, though I agree with Aaron94, a bit much for me, but a person's own style is there own style after all, so whatever. Well, you can have 2 different designs, on 2 different colored shields, and you could have it done with whatever you have as black gets etched so it's white, or request it be the opposite so only the black is left. That's quite a lot of creative freedom, and though anyone with 45 bucks could do that, there's a lot more to it, and it takes a lot more to make it personal, and design your own logo or whatever it is. :~P Though I do like the idea of making your own too. Costs less, and is more original. Hmm, what about combining the 2? Make a design that that was meant to have more customization after they've been engraved? Cool concept.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #339 of 1,269
Ive actually come to discover that sharpie sticks quite well to the exposed part of the metal thats shown in the form of the design one uses when getting a custom image on their shields, considering coloring mine black.

Also I knew it was a sticker kinda obvious, I was talking about the sparkly stuff.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #340 of 1,269
question about doing this im not good with photo programs but say i put this image into the template it has the white background which i obviously dont want is that an issue do i have to get rid of the background if so whats the easiest way to do this..i have photoshop elements if i can do it with that..but only going to bother if i need to

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #341 of 1,269
I wont lie, Im terrible with things like photoshop and aftereffects, dont tell anyone, but I stole like 3 designs off this thread incase I ever wanna use them. 

But as for your issue, I talked to David with V-Moda support and he told me that you can just send them a picture, and I guess tell them which way you want it engraved (black = engraved white no/white = engraved black no) and they will do the rest for you.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #343 of 1,269
Quote:
I wont lie, Im terrible with things like photoshop and aftereffects, dont tell anyone, but I stole like 3 designs off this thread incase I ever wanna use them. 

But as for your issue, I talked to David with V-Moda support and he told me that you can just send them a picture, and I guess tell them which way you want it engraved (black = engraved white no/white = engraved black no) and they will do the rest for you.

Hahaha, I was tempted to do the same, specificly with the cool design with the squares that uses the whole template, but I figured out my own design. If I didn't though, I was totaly gonna steal 'em. xD I'm pretty sure if you just message the original template creator they'd let you use them. Sharpie is interesting because of the weird stuff it's made of, generally it works pretty well, but you have to be careful of smuddging, and it can scrape off and random stuff later if you're not careful or don't seal it or something.

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #344 of 1,269
YES.
Quote:
anyone know if its possible to get one set of shields with each shield having a different design?

You are in luck, the answer is yes. I personally checked, and also I guessed it's been confirmed if you really want, you could have different colored shields too if you asked. My own shields have different designs. If you want different designs, you place your order and select that you're going to use your own design, you'll get an order number in a confirmation email, and you just send an email to customs@v-moda.com with your order number and the two images. :~D I personally would recommend the same color for both sides for a more uniform feel and style, but I dunno, maybe you're going for a specific look or something.  :3  (happyorwell.deviantart.com has pictures of my two different shields with different designs, or you can look back a page in this thread at my earlier post too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back