V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Sep 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #136 of 1,269
I've had my M80s for a while now, and I've been contemplating whether or not to buy a set of custom shields; I've ultimately decided to just go for it since it only costs $36 (20% coupon).  I do have a question though: what's the difference between Fangtasia and regular red; does Fangtasia come with the Fangtasia engraving or is that just aesthetic?

Also I'm not sure if black or red (fangtasia?) on my shadow M80s will look better with one of these designs:

Also on a side note: attaching images was much harder than anticipated; tags did not work and had to edit source with html: is attaching images supposed to be this difficult?
[size=13px][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][font=arial][left]  [/left][/font][/color][/size]

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #138 of 1,269

I've had my M80s for a while now, and I've been contemplating whether or not to buy a set of custom shields; I've ultimately decided to just go for it since it only costs $36 (20% coupon).  I do have a question though: what's the difference between Fangtasia and regular red; does Fangtasia come with the Fangtasia engraving or is that just aesthetic?

Also I'm not sure if black or red (fangtasia?) on my shadow M80s will look better with one of these designs:

Also on a side note: attaching images was much harder than anticipated; tags did not work and had to edit source with html: is attaching images supposed to be this difficult?
[size=13px][color=rgb(0,0,0)][font=arial][left] [/left][/font][/color][/size]

[/quote]

I'm actually not sure what the "Fantasia" colour is. From the image it shows, it's the same as red, but with "Fantasia" on it. :confused_face_2:

In terms of design, I think both will show up pretty well on both colours, but the black shield would look better in my honest opinion. The second design would probably show up better on the red than the first one since the red is pretty bright.

If you like to stand out, I think the red is flashier, but black is more "authoritative" and clean-looking.

As for images...I'm using Firefox Aurora and the rich text editor is messed up for me at the moment.

Let's see if images will work for me:
Red
[attach]676041[/attach]

vs

Black
[attach]676042[/attach]

It seems to turn out for me. My code looks like:
[attach]676043[/attach]

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #140 of 1,269
Quote:

So, is it safe to say that Morgan Page's HP: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151215491108092 is simply a Phantom Chrome with custom wing plates; shields?

Yes, crossfade LP phantom chrome with blue shield kit. I'm guessing you are interested in the chrome bracket that holds the earcups instead of black?  Me too.  Amazon selling phantom chrome LP's for $96 right now without the shield kit.

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #141 of 1,269
Quote:

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][left]  [/left][/color]
[/quote]

I don't know what 'fangtasia red' is but those two designs will definitely pop on the black shields.  Your avatar pic would look good too, maybe even better.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #142 of 1,269
Quote:

Yes, crossfade LP phantom chrome with blue shield kit. I'm guessing you are interested in the chrome bracket that holds the earcups instead of black?  Me too.  Amazon selling phantom chrome LP's for $96 right now without the shield kit.

Thanks! But, I'm going for M-100 instead. Val's thinking of a solution for the Phantom Chrome and M-100. If you look at the picture at amazon that has 5 crossfades next to each other: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71hKX5rFQ7L._AA1500_.jpg - the Phantom Chrome's headband is "black dotted", but I can't make up the dots in this one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151215491108092 ... I wonder if it's a super custom, with a different headband. Then again, I can hardly make up the dots on the picture posted by miceblue above.

IMO, if the Phantom Chrome's look has ever been underrated, I think it's because of the default wing plates; shields, that don't give a chance to the beauty of the shiny fork to stand out.

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #143 of 1,269
Quote:
Thanks! But, I'm going for M-100 instead. Val's thinking of a solution for the Phantom Chrome and M-100. If you look at the picture at amazon that has 5 crossfades next to each other: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71hKX5rFQ7L._AA1500_.jpg - the Phantom Chrome's headband is "black dotted", but I can't make up the dots in this one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151215491108092 ... I wonder if it's a super custom, with a different headband. Then again, I can hardly make up the dots on the picture posted by miceblue above.

IMO, if the Phantom Chrome's look has ever been underrated, I think it's because of the default wing plates; shields, that don't give a chance to the beauty of the shiny fork to stand out.

It might be the lighting and resolution of the photos/video. I do notice some "specks" on the photo and video, but it's really hard to tell if they're actually there, or if it's due to the resolution.

From a quick Google Image search, it looks like the dots are pretty hard to see in reality.

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #144 of 1,269
Regarding the use of logos/emblems/symbols that you yourself did not create, or own, my advice would be to first try to contact the owner of the logo, and if that is not possible, then ask V-MODA's custom shield group if it would be OK to use it.

V-MODA Custom Shield Support: customs@v-moda.com

I think the purpose of the "endorse yourself" campaign is so that you can create a unique design for your headphone. Using someone else's design seems more like advertising, to me at least, and V-MODA would be involved with any copyright issues if you do not receive the proper permission to use it.

Quote from V-MODA's Customs Logo Requirements webpage:
NOTE: Please make sure that you have the rights to reproduce the artwork. For instance, you cannot send an image of Mickey Mouse unless you have express written rights from Disney to use it.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #145 of 1,269
Quote:
Regarding the use of logos/emblems/symbols that you yourself did not create, or own, my advice would be to first try to contact the owner of the logo, and if that is not possible, then ask V-MODA's custom shield group if it would be OK to use it.

V-MODA Custom Shield Support: customs@v-moda.com

I think the purpose of the "endorse yourself" campaign is so that you can create a unique design for your headphone. Using someone else's design seems more like advertising, to me at least, and V-MODA would be involved with any copyright issues if you do not receive the proper permission to use it.

What if one were to just place 3 circles so that they cut off one another and looks exactly like mickey?
I don't want this, I'm just asking? Where is the line drawn?

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #146 of 1,269
Quote:
What if one were to just place 3 circles so that they cut off one another and looks exactly like mickey?
I don't want this, I'm just asking? Where is the line drawn?

That's when you ask V-MODA's Custom Shield support for answers. :wink:
Like the Triforce, a "triangle" of 3 circles is commonly used in mathematics in "find the height of the figure" kind of problems.

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #147 of 1,269
Okay, I need to send a message to a Japanese corporation for permission, but I am illiterate in Japanese. Can someone help me out with this so that my message does not read like it was thrown together in a blender?

(I apologize in advance, I am illiterate in Japanese and therefore use a translator)

(事前に私に謝罪、私が使用し日本のため、翻訳者で文盲午前)

I humbly ask for permission for one personal use of a copyrighted logo (specifically, the "Order of the Black Knights" logo from Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion). I am engraving one pair of headphones for my personal use with the "Black Knights" logo. I am a massive fan of your works and I only want to share my love of your creations with the people I interact with on a daily basis.

私は謙虚に著作権のあるロゴ(:ルルーシュコードギアス反逆のから具体的には、 "黒の騎士団"は、ロゴ)のいずれかの個人的な使用のための許可を求める。私は "黒騎士"のロゴと私の個人的な使用のためのヘッドフォンの1対の彫刻です。私はあなたの作品の大ファンだと私は私が日常的に相互作用する人々とあなたの作品の私の愛を共有したいと思います。

Thank you for your time.

あなたの時間をいただき、ありがとうございます。

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #148 of 1,269
Quote:
Okay, I need to send a message to a Japanese corporation for permission, but I am illiterate in Japanese. Can someone help me out with this so that my message does not read like it was thrown together in a blender?

(I apologize in advance, I am illiterate in Japanese and therefore use a translator)

I humbly ask for permission for one personal use of a copyrighted logo (specifically, the "Order of the Black Knights" logo from Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion). I am engraving one pair of headphones for my personal use with the "Black Knights" logo. I am a massive fan of your works and I only want to share my love of your creations with the people I interact with on a daily basis.

私は謙虚に著作権のあるロゴ(:ルルーシュコードギアス反逆のから具体的には、 "黒の騎士団"は、ロゴ)のいずれかの個人的な使用のための許可を求める。私は "黒騎士"のロゴと私の個人的な使用のためのヘッドフォンの1対の彫刻です。私はあなたの作品の大ファンだと私は私が日常的に相互作用する人々とあなたの作品の私の愛を共有したいと思います。

Thank you for your time.

あなたの時間をいただき、ありがとうございます。

I'm illiterate in Japanese too. If the Japanese part doesn't make much sense, to a native Japanese speaker, I would think the English part is understandable since English is widely used. You might want to mention V-MODA though since it sounds like you will be doing the laser engraving yourself.

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #149 of 1,269
Quote:

Thank you for your time.

あなたの時間をいただき、ありがとうございます。

In the case you do not find someone to translate it - you may want to remove "share my love of your creations" etc etc.. because it may translate badly and sound as if you plan to profit from it.

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #150 of 1,269
In the case you do not find someone to translate it - you may want to remove "share my love of your creations" etc etc.. because it may translate badly and sound as if you plan to profit from it.

Good point - the simpler the message is, the less discombobulated it will probably turn out to be.

You might want to mention V-MODA though since it sounds like you will be doing the laser engraving yourself.

Also a very valid point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back