V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Nov 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #242 of 1,269
[size=10pt]i hit up one of my favourite records labels PPU (People Potential Unlimited) asking if i could use their logo - they replied back including logo artwork for me to use (thanks andrew).[/size]

given the whole V motif to the headphones i'm thinking the design will be a form fit

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #245 of 1,269

Will them accept a pic like this? This is not my design though. It's from one of my favorite manga all time: 20th Century Boys. It would be so exciting if I can get this "20th Century Boys limited edition" for M-100 
beyersmile.png

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #247 of 1,269
[size=10pt]The copy write question is a difficult one. v moda [size=10pt]obviously [/size]wont want to knowingly be infringing copy write but how can they know if a submitted image is covered by a copywrite?[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]superman is one thing (massive $$$ with DC & NewsCorp (Time Warner) behind the logo) but [/size][size=10pt]maga is pretty obscure outside of Japan.[/size]

[size=10pt][edited to fix up some shocking spelling][/size]
[size=10pt][/size]

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #249 of 1,269
I like #3 as well because it uses the most space in the "drawing zone" for that particular design.
I like #5 too just because it's unique and I don't think I've seen any design that fully uses the entire space, pun intended :wink:, other than this one.

I really like that random square design... Wonder if I could cobble together something similar from a bunch of small Android logos, I think it'd look cooler and more stylized than a single big Android logo taking up the entire shield.

I just got my M-80's a few days ago and can't quite make up my mind about the shields, I wanna get something geeky done but also something that looks like it belongs there and it's not just a random logo thrown on the shield. I think the designs that are more vertical and/or take up most of the space available tend to accomplish that goal the best (like the squares, or that Zelda/Hyrule logo a few pages back).

My artistic skills leave much to be desired tho so I'm gonna have to recruit a friend to help me out... :p

Edit: My other thought was the Elrich family crest from Full Metal Alchemist. I wonder if the empire emblem from Star Wars would get the no no due to trademark infringement...

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #250 of 1,269
Nov 17, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #251 of 1,269
Is it possible to have two different color Shields as a pair? I was thinking I want to get the dark blue and purple for the right and left ear cups ? With a purple straight audio only cable though I have not seen any picture of a purple cable though its an option under accessories ....

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #252 of 1,269
Could someone upload the Illustrator LP/LP2/M-100 shield template saved in CS2 format?  I unfortunately do not have access to the most current versions of Illustrator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back