V-Moda M-80, Shure SE215, Bose IE2 or V-Moda Vibrato.
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #16 of 26
I like the SE 215s better because I was able to hear the mids and highs unlike the IE2s. With the IE2s I struggled to hear past the bass. For me the IE2s bass was overpowering everything else.

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #17 of 26
Well, I finally ended up buying the V-Moda M-80.

They are a beautiful pair of small on ear headphones.
I am very happy with the sound but thought they would be more bass heavy.
I also find the maximum volume on the low side when turned all the way up playing from iPod and/or iPhone.

M-80s have a lot of sound leakage when you don´t have them on, but once you put them on, sound leakage is greatly reduced.

Definitely keeping them but now want a pair of isolating IEM so I´m back debating between the Shure SE 215 and the V-Moda Vibrato.
If it weren´t for soooo many negative comments on the Shures SE215 regarding sound going out on one of the buds it would be an easy decision...... or the many negative comments regarding cable noise form the Vibratos.

My main source of music is my iPhone and the remote/mic is a must.

I do like how the Shures SE215 sit on your ears and how the cable wraps around the ear.

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:
Well, I finally ended up buying the V-Moda M-80.

They are a beautiful pair of small on ear headphones.
I am very happy with the sound but thought they would be more bass heavy.
I also find the maximum volume on the low side when turned all the way up playing from iPod and/or iPhone.

M-80s have a lot of sound leakage when you don´t have them on, but once you put them on, sound leakage is greatly reduced.

Definitely keeping them but now want a pair of isolating IEM so I´m back debating between the Shure SE 215 and the V-Moda Vibrato.
If it weren´t for soooo many negative comments on the Shures SE215 regarding sound going out on one of the buds it would be an easy decision...... or the many negative comments regarding cable noise form the Vibratos.

My main source of music is my iPhone and the remote/mic is a must.

I do like how the Shures SE215 sit on your ears and how the cable wraps around the ear.

Interesting that you find the maximum volume low, I find it unbearably loud even when my iPhone is turned up 3/4 of the way.

A good way to decide between those two is if you were to just buy both and return one.  I know that V-Moda has an excellent return policy, and Amazon tends to be pretty good with that too.  Might end up costing a bit more, but you won't have to worry about buyer's remorse or anything after buying just one of them. :p

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:
Interesting that you find the maximum volume low, I find it unbearably loud even when my iPhone is turned up 3/4 of the way.

A good way to decide between those two is if you were to just buy both and return one.  I know that V-Moda has an excellent return policy, and Amazon tends to be pretty good with that too.  Might end up costing a bit more, but you won't have to worry about buyer's remorse or anything after buying just one of them. :p

Do you have sound check on?

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
Does Shure updtae their products on a yearly basis (like Apple)?

How long have the Shure SE215s been out and are they gonna be updated any time soon?

Shure does not tend to do that, they keep their product lines pretty stable for the most part.  They've only added a few new products to their lineup over the past few years.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #24 of 26
How much isolation you want? Very much or medium? Audio technica ckm500 is fantastic iem in terms of sound, comfort and build. They isolate like any common iem.
And se215 cable doesnt wrap around ear as you think. It is very thick and hard, it is hard to bend it around ear.

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
And se215 cable doesnt wrap around ear as you think. It is very thick and hard, it is hard to bend it around ear.

That I don't get. Yes, it has a stiffener. But the stiffener conforms as the user directs it to. This is not coat hanger wire. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back