V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 16, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #527 of 925
Quote:
Where did they indicate to submit your review?

I just pressed the link and I ended up at the frontpage of their website, so I don't really get it.
I was basically just wondering if that mail was an indication of that I should've gotten my headphones already or if it was just sent out randomly. 
What if my M100's are at my local store just waiting for me to pick them out but I just haven't gotten the letter yet?

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #531 of 925
Quote:

Hmm, the thread title of other one was reviews too.  Looks like we have a fork, ut oh... I preferred to keep everything in one thread and somebody make "CHAPTERS" showing which pages cover what topics on the first POST!  Let's make it the biggest thread of all time with chapters was my idea a few months ago as it grew.

not gonna lie. that huge thread is a monster to navigate. i rather have reviews on their own.

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #532 of 925
BTW, did any1 try remove the felt/foamdisc covering the vent there underneath the shield. I know I'd be very curious playing around with this, knowing it mostly affects bass output and soundstage from the vented headphones I've got experiences with and being a bit of a basshead. 

What I would expect with it completely uncovered is that there's a significant bass boost, might even be approaching Crossfade LP levels which would be a bit too much also for my liking but I'd start to partially covering the hole until the bass quantity is just right for my taste. I think the increased airflow would also help with soundstage so if you're a basshead that wouldn't mind a little more bass than stock and very slightly decreased isolation capabilities (probably 1-2dB or so), this might be worth looking into.

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #533 of 925
BTW, did any1 try remove the felt/foamdisc covering the vent there underneath the shield. I know I'd be very curious playing around with this, knowing it mostly affects bass output and soundstage from the vented headphones I've got experiences with and being a bit of a basshead. 

What I would expect with it completely uncovered is that there's a significant bass boost, might even be approaching Crossfade LP levels which would be a bit too much also for my liking but I'd start to partially covering the hole until the bass quantity is just right for my taste. I think the increased airflow would also help with soundstage so if you're a basshead that wouldn't mind a little more bass than stock and very slightly decreased isolation capabilities (probably 1-2dB or so), this might be worth looking into.

I mentioned it in the "big thread", but the felt is glued/taped on pretty well. I've twice tried to peel it off but it's stuck in there pretty good. I haven't properly listened to the M-100 yet...so I'm not into "modding" it.
V-MODA probably spent some time thinking about this too since there seems to be an indentation specifically made for the felt patch:

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #534 of 925
Quote:
I mentioned it in the "big thread", but the felt is glued/taped on pretty well. I've twice tried to peel it off but it's stuck in there pretty good. I haven't properly listened to the M-100 yet...so I'm not into "modding" it.
V-MODA probably spent some time thinking about this too since there seems to be an indentation specifically made for the felt patch:

If you like the sound of the M-100, my recommendation is "don't touch it". It will change the way your bass sounds and isolation properties. If you dig through the old M-80 threads, you may come across some posts of how some members mod by actually closing up one or two of the vents to change the M-80 sonic properties. So removing this will affect the M-100 SQ.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #535 of 925
Anyone modding the M-100 at this point is braver and more adventurous than me.  I won't even mess with the pads unless I am replacing with a larger option.  Would you put a perm on the Mona Lisa :wink: ?

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #536 of 925
Quote:
Your mailman is a lazy bum. I'd had mailmen stand in front of my door filling out the failed delivery slip without them ever knocking. They thought I was not at home. They got quite a shock when I opened the door and they were standing there with the slip filled out. I complained and got them fired. Royal Mail sucks!!!

You should complain and get the bum fired.

We get them here in the US too.  Back when I was in school I had a UPS package failed to deliver because "nobody was home" -- on a Thursday evening, at my fraternity house, where 55 guys lived.  I laughed at the lady on the phone when she told me that.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #537 of 925
If it's been there for 2 days, I suggest you call them to lodge an enquiry. One of my parcels was deemed "undeliverable" even though the address was correct. 

I don't have a tracking number for it, they hardly ever work coming from the USA so I didn't pay extra for it. Hopefully it gets here this week or next. I'm betting on next week though.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #538 of 925
Quote:
I don't have a tracking number for it, they hardly ever work coming from the USA so I didn't pay extra for it. Hopefully it gets here this week or next. I'm betting on next week though.

Did you order the cheap one without tracking? If so, are you unable to track your package? And how will you know that they've arrived? Is it doordelivery? That's very rare in Sweden.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #539 of 925
Did you order the cheap one without tracking? If so, are you unable to track your package? And how will you know that they've arrived? Is it doordelivery? That's very rare in Sweden.

Yeah I got no tracking with mine. The number I have told me it has left California but that is it. And Australia post will deliver to my door. If I'm not home then a card will be left for me to pick it up from the local post office.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #540 of 925
Did M100 release?  I can't find anywhere?
L3000.gif
I feel lift out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back