V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #481 of 925
Quote:
Bonuses that might not be included in retail versions, but would probably be available as optional accessories if proven popular and worthy.

Yes. Another bonus they are thinking about is a set of more plush/thicker pads. I would love those in the case these aren't already comfortable enough. I should be getting mine sometime today, assuming Canada Post does its job.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #482 of 925
Quote:

RPG, what kinds of mids would you like? In what headphones would you say whose mids you've enjoyed?

I don't think I've heard the mids I'd optimally want yet so can't really answer that. A bit more lush mids than HP700, slightly more forward lower-mids compared to Q40, the cheap HTF600 also has fairly good midrange for my taste but lack of detail and a bit too smeared/lack of transparency. 

I prefer giving up some soundstage size for forward/in-your-face mids, I absolutely despise midranges like say Denon D1100 and Beyer DT770 Pro where it sounds like all vocalists have a distance to them like sitting in the backrow seats in an opera house (in highend headphones the HD800, AKG K70x kind of presentation is NOT to my liking at all). The forward sounding midrange provides me an intimate & engaging experience which "moves" me, with a too distant sounding midrange I can't get involved into the music. I tend to prefer a bit more "fun" over "analytical", the intimacy, forwardness goes before transparency & microdetail in my book.

I realize it's hard to get both a bassy and forward midrange at the same time but some bassy headphones do it better than others though and I tend to look more at the midrange and highrange and compare the forwardness of those against each other. I don't want the highs to push the midrange back, I rather take a bit more forward mids over slightly recessed highs than the other way around.

I have a feeling UE6000 might be more fit for me altough the bass response worries me, I'd really want to keep roughly similar amount as M-Audio Q40 as this headphone has roughly the ideal amount of bass for my taste.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #483 of 925
Quote:

I don't think I've heard the mids I'd optimally want yet so can't really answer that. A bit more lush mids than HP700, slightly more forward lower-mids compared to Q40, the cheap HTF600 also has fairly good midrange for my taste but lack of detail and a bit too smeared/lack of transparency. 

I prefer giving up some soundstage size for forward/in-your-face mids, I absolutely despise midranges like say Denon D1100 and Beyer DT770 Pro where it sounds like all vocalists have a distance to them like sitting in the backrow seats in an opera house (in highend headphones the HD800, AKG K70x kind of presentation is NOT to my liking at all). The forward sounding midrange provides me an intimate & engaging experience which "moves" me, with a too distant sounding midrange I can't get involved into the music. I tend to prefer a bit more "fun" over "analytical", the intimacy, forwardness goes before transparency & microdetail in my book.

I realize it's hard to get both a bassy and forward midrange at the same time but some bassy headphones do it better than others though and I tend to look more at the midrange and highrange and compare the forwardness of those against each other. I don't want the highs to push the midrange back, I rather take a bit more forward mids over slightly recessed highs than the other way around.

I have a feeling UE6000 might be more fit for me altough the bass response worries me, I'd really want to keep roughly similar amount as M-Audio Q40 as this headphone has roughly the ideal amount of bass for my taste.

Wow, unfortunately I haven't heard most of those headphones so I can't really compare (or contrast in this case) - and for those that I have, I listened to them way back so anything I say now would simply be making up stories in my head.

I can pop by the shops later this week to have a listen to them and do a direct comparison.

It's rather funny that with the kind of signature you've describe, it reminds me of my FitEar TO GO! 334 in-ears. To be honest, in general I'm not a mids kinda person despite owning the Shures SE-500/530's for some time. But the FitEar TG!334 educated me on how one could have rich and lush mids.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #484 of 925
Mine seem to be at my local delivery facility. Now to see if Canada Post plays nice.

They usually 'deliver' in one of three ways:

1. Actual 'Delivery' - They deliver the package to my door, do the signing, etc.
  2. Lazy 'Delivery' - They come to my house, put a "tried to deliver" slip on the door, and ask me to pick it up later. Without even ringing the doorbell or anything.
  3. No 'Delivery' - They don't even do the slip, and I need to check online for when it is dropped off at the facility, and pick it up myself.

Hopefully they actually drop it off, because they seem to have started doing that again - at least with my last package.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #487 of 925
Quote:
When are the M100's going to be available in Europe and where?

Probably just before Xmas if we're lucky... probably amazon, Val said he would meet up in London (didn't say who) to prep the europe launch.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #490 of 925
Are there any owners of the signature pro or the ATH ES10 who have heard the M100? Just wondering how they measure up. I know the prices are very different but just wondering if you can get that type of quality for much less money. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #492 of 925
Quote:
Are there any owners of the signature pro or the ATH ES10 who have heard the M100? Just wondering how they measure up. I know the prices are very different but just wondering if you can get that type of quality for much less money. Thanks!

I auditioned the Signature Pro several months ago, so this is from memory, but I recall a comparable sound with the M-100 having highs just as extended, but smoother; similar detail and tight punchy bass.

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #493 of 925
Quote:
Canada Post Strikes Again:

I WAS HERE THE ENTIRE DAY. /RAGE

Your mailman is a lazy bum. I'd had mailmen stand in front of my door filling out the failed delivery slip without them ever knocking. They thought I was not at home. They got quite a shock when I opened the door and they were standing there with the slip filled out. I complained and got them fired. Royal Mail sucks!!!

You should complain and get the bum fired.

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #494 of 925
Quote:
Your mailman is a lazy bum. I'd had mailmen stand in front of my door filling out the failed delivery slip without them ever knocking. They thought I was not at home. They got quite a shock when I opened the door and they were standing there with the slip filled out. I complained and got them fired. Royal Mail sucks!!!

You should complain and get the bum fired.

Just checked the slip now (since they put it in my mailbox)

Apparently I have to pay $46 to customs too. ON TOP of paying for the faster shipping. This is dumb... I paid over $400 now - $401.36 - for something that originally cost $310. So stupid. It didn't even arrive on time, or at my door.

I really hope I don't have to use Canada post in the future, and this is the last time I pay for expedited shipping...

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #495 of 925
Quote:
Just checked the slip now (since they put it in my mailbox)

Apparently I have to pay $46 to customs too. ON TOP of paying for the faster shipping. This is dumb... I paid over $400 now - $401.36 - for something that originally cost $310. So stupid. It didn't even arrive on time, or at my door.

I really hope I don't have to use Canada post in the future, and this is the last time I pay for expedited shipping...

i believe headphone bar is an authorized dealer of vmoda
paid for e17 and digizoid, got my stuff within 4 days of paying (from vancouver to toronto) with 1 cent shipping (canada post)!

at least you got the m100 early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back