V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Nov 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #766 of 925
Quote:
I wrote my review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100/reviews/7820

I forgot to mention EQ-ing but I really need some sleep...it's 5:00 AM here. >.>

Great detailed review. Tyll from Innerfidelity better watch out!
atsmile.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #767 of 925
Quote:
Great detailed review. Tyll from Innerfidelity better watch out!
atsmile.gif

I can't wait to see the FR myself, wanna see if that somewhat significant dip around 500Hz is there in Tyll's measurement too. This is a rather critical area for my own personal taste, it's also where I'd wish Q40 had tiiiny bit more presence, it's not really recessed, about neutral on the Q40 in that area but it's slightly boosted around 2kHz or so so in comparision it sounds very slightly recessed, seems M100 have this exact same thing going on, great female vocals but male vocals and many instruments aren't necessarily quite as forward as I'd optimally like.

That 500Hz area is probably what's gonna keep me swaying back n forth whether or not to buy it, I wonder what the padmod and possibly other mods such as tweaking the venting would do to this area though, it feels it's so near to my ideal sound, only slightly held back by the lower-midrange which also happen to be the areas I'd like an improvement in my current Q40, that and the soundstage and separation.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #769 of 925
[size=10pt]i just got an response back from v-moda regarding the Coil Pro cable - unfortunately you can't add the Coil Pro to a m100 preorder as the coiled cable option wont be available until ("hopefully") the end of the year.[/size]

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #770 of 925
Quote:
[size=10pt]i just got an response back from v-moda regarding the Coil Pro cable - unfortunately you can't add the Coil Pro to a m100 preorder as the coiled cable option wont be available until ("hopefully") the end of the year.[/size]

Well... my DJ days are long gone so no more coiled cables for me. But yeah those were some good ol' days. Really wish I could go back....
triportsad.gif

The only coiled cable can I have left is the old HD280Pro that I use in my home studio. :wink:

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #771 of 925
Quote:

I can't wait to see the FR myself, wanna see if that somewhat significant dip around 500Hz is there in Tyll's measurement too. This is a rather critical area for my own personal taste, it's also where I'd wish Q40 had tiiiny bit more presence, it's not really recessed, about neutral on the Q40 in that area but it's slightly boosted around 2kHz or so so in comparision it sounds very slightly recessed, seems M100 have this exact same thing going on, great female vocals but male vocals and many instruments aren't necessarily quite as forward as I'd optimally like.

That 500Hz area is probably what's gonna keep me swaying back n forth whether or not to buy it, I wonder what the padmod and possibly other mods such as tweaking the venting would do to this area though, it feels it's so near to my ideal sound, only slightly held back by the lower-midrange which also happen to be the areas I'd like an improvement in my current Q40, that and the soundstage and separation.

Although I get it, one day...I will be able to reply to a post like this in your own language. Lol

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #774 of 925
Yeah, I am hoping some more reviews and comparisons come out before the return window on my DT990 ends.  The M-100 are a little more than I want to spend, but the portability/ability to be driven w/out an amp are huge.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #776 of 925
The M100 is a very nice headphone.  I have been using it for a couple of weeks now.   I have the matte black.  

A lot has been and is being said about this headphone.  I only really want to point out one feature that I really like:  the quality of the sound at moderate volumes. 

The sound signature of the M100 is perfect for listening to music that has a limited dynamic range -- pretty much anything but classical -- on the go.   You can turn the volume down to a comfortable level, and you still hear your music.  The elevated bass and not-too-prominent treble acts like a built-in loudness compensation, similar to equal loudness or Fletcher-Munson curves.  The effect is obviously not dynamic like real equal loudness curves would require, but at the volumes I want to listen (i.e. not too loud), the sound signature (with a higher bass response as compared to the treble) is a very nice feature.

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #777 of 925
Hi everyone,
I wonder if anyone can compare these to the sennheiser amperior?
Is there a possibility that these will ship in the future with the idevices cable? I would like to use this with my iphone a lot and since its very popular i hope this will become a standard accessory.
Is it possible to buy these somewere within the eu? It would take a while and cost a lot to ship them o the netherlands from the usa ant this would cost a lot of tax/vat.
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #779 of 925
Quote:
Hi everyone,
I wonder if anyone can compare these to the sennheiser amperior?
Is there a possibility that these will ship in the future with the idevices cable? I would like to use this with my iphone a lot and since its very popular i hope this will become a standard accessory.
Is it possible to buy these somewere within the eu? It would take a while and cost a lot to ship them o the netherlands from the usa ant this would cost a lot of tax/vat.
Greetings, Anouk,

They should be released in europe soon, so just wait a bit and they should be available.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #780 of 925
Has anyone see the recent headphonia review of the M-100...it gets utterly destroyed by this reviewer and he even goes as far as to call other reviewers liars for commending them. Please note I own the M-100s (my work cans) and M-80s (love them both) as well as D-770 Pros', Senhheiser HD500's, and few others.

http://www.headfonia.com/style-and-power-vmoda-m-100/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back