V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #797 of 925
Without further ado, I present a massive photo dump with varying image quality and processing.

Those with slow connections, don't be alarmed - I compressed every picture in the set; most of the pictures average ~200kB.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #799 of 925
Quote:
@Above pictures, oh boy that crack looks nasty... what happened?! i hope thats not a design flaw =/ i pre-ordered mine already...

Looks like the classic "too tight"-screw issue plagued on original LPs too which were later on fixed (not as tightly fastened). Oh well screwing down something directly against plastic is never a good idea in my book, washers in-between (rubber would be nice) would already take care of it as it would put the pressure onto a bigger area/even it out so it would greatly reduce the chance of happening. Would be nice if the wings could be made out of aluminium or something for Revolver. :)

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #800 of 925
Quote:
I do love their pictures of m-100 though. In fact, I just called V-moda and changed my order to matte black. They just look so ** sexy in these pictures of that review, much cooler than shadow ones.
I did not feel any disappointment from their reviews. well...the major conclusions that I draw from their articles are pretty similar to Tyll's review. They just choose to use more hostile or more offensive words about Head-fi and m-100 to express their feelings. BUT the conclusion is that: m-100 is a well-build high end Consumer Grade headphone with super bass and sound stage and it's not for everyone especially for those aimed at an analytically headphone. well....that's pretty much what Tyll said and my expectation...I honestly do not need my portable headphone to be analytical or super neutral. I want it to be...well...fistly..portable and then bass-emphasized and balanced in general. I think m-100 could do the job even based on Headfonia's review....

I like the red accents on the Shadows, and the red writing, but prefer the matt for the plastics... I kind of think the shadows with the reflective plastic may make the headphones look cheaper than they are. I'm hoping not though...

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #801 of 925
I like the red accents on the Shadows, and the red writing, but prefer the matt for the plastics... I kind of think the shadows with the reflective plastic may make the headphones look cheaper than they are. I'm hoping not though...

Yean, the reflective plastic is the pain for shadow black...but the real thing may not be as sparkly as it in these pictures...then it'll be ok....

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #802 of 925
Is it me or do i see some sort of quality issue with the white models that seem to have issues with cracking. Well at least i know miceblue also posted cracks around his white m100s as well and i rem seeing more pictures and they were all white models ??? On another note when will Jude post his review ? Anyone know ? 

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #803 of 925
Quote:
Is it me or do i see some sort of quality issue with the white models that seem to have issues with cracking. Well at least i know miceblue also posted cracks around his white m100s as well and i rem seeing more pictures and they were all white models ??? On another note when will Jude post his review ? Anyone know ? 

A little surprised to see this cracking issue.  Especially given that all of the reviews speak of fantastic build quality.  Hopefully it is not pervasive.  

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #804 of 925

A little surprised to see this cracking issue.  Especially given that all of the reviews speak of fantastic build quality.  Hopefully it is not pervasive.  

I can only speak from my experience, but I own the white and have no quality issues. In fact, I find my M-100 quite durable compared to other headphones I have owned and am using them constantly in the home and on the go.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #806 of 925
Quote:
@Crack issues.. I sure do hope that they address this concern soon near those bolted areas before the shipping of the second batch of m-100's. I would hate to see that happen to me so soon.

V-MODA uses a material called ABCP® (Anything But Circles & Plastic) for their plastic pieces. The plastic on my earcups is cracking due to screwing in the shields' hex screws too tightly. The same thing can happen to the wingplates near the adjustable headband as that part of the headphone receives a lot of stress from flexing the headband. Opening up the wingplates also reveals that they're pretty stuffed with the materials underneath it, which doesn't help with the stress relief.

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #807 of 925
Quote:
V-MODA uses a material called ABCP® (Anything But Circles & Plastic) for their plastic pieces. The plastic on my earcups is cracking due to screwing in the shields' hex screws too tightly. The same thing can happen to the wingplates near the adjustable headband as that part of the headphone receives a lot of stress from flexing the headband. Opening up the wingplates also reveals that they're pretty stuffed with the materials underneath it, which doesn't help with the stress relief.

ABCP is Val's vision for fashion headphones, not a type of plastic.  The plastic breaking because of screws being too tight is nothing new in a product.  The only thing that is a little troublesome is that the design appears to be this picky about it (which is still not a big deal since we are talking about a sub 1% reported number so far).  Usually there is plenty of extra support and small enough screws that you have lots of slack in the screw torque.  It appears as though this may not be the case on our first run units, or the air screwdrivers that they most likely use were set to too high of a torque, which I have seen on numerous early production product runs.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #808 of 925
this or Momentum, so confused still.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #810 of 925
Quote:
ABCP is Val's vision for fashion headphones, not a type of plastic.  The plastic breaking because of screws being too tight is nothing new in a product.  The only thing that is a little troublesome is that the design appears to be this picky about it (which is still not a big deal since we are talking about a sub 1% reported number so far).  Usually there is plenty of extra support and small enough screws that you have lots of slack in the screw torque.  It appears as though this may not be the case on our first run units, or the air screwdrivers that they most likely use were set to too high of a torque, which I have seen on numerous early production product runs.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. :p

But yeah, they had this problem with the first run of LPs.  I hope they at least fixed this before the mass production of the M-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back