V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback
Jul 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #151 of 324
Agreed with the last two posts - I rather get what is out now, and return it if the M-100's turn out to be a god-send. Even with all the extra stuff they're throwing in, they're just not screaming "BUY ME!" - it's more of a.. "LOOK AT ME~! I'm SPECIAL!!"

Not to put down the M-100's or V-MODA, but they don't really interest me as much as features like the built-in amp that the PSB's and upcoming Denon 400's have. V-MODA seems to be more about looks and build quality than features..

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #152 of 324
Quote:
Agreed with the last two posts - I rather get what is out now, and return it if the M-100's turn out to be a god-send. Even with all the extra stuff they're throwing in, they're just not screaming "BUY ME!" - it's more of a.. "LOOK AT ME~! I'm SPECIAL!!"

Not to put down the M-100's or V-MODA, but they don't really interest me as much as features like the built-in amp that the PSB's and upcoming Denon 400's have. V-MODA seems to be more about looks and build quality than features..

I 100% agree, I am really interested in the psb's but I think I am getting really exited for the denons with the built in amp. I was never really pumped or exited for the m100 anyway

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #155 of 324
Built-in amp, sounds cool but it's just another thing to break that you can't exactly fix easily.  No thanks.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #159 of 324
Quote:
well it is both a blessing and a curse. It is another thing to break but you wont have to carry around a bulky amp around with you.

That's why I don't use portables that require an amp.  In my opinion, headphones that need amps are not truly portable.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #160 of 324
I'm just not a big fan of a headphone needing a built in amp to begin with and I agree if it breaks then that will really blow (no pun intended). I'd rather just get a portable amp of my choice.

As for the headphones coming out, I've been excited for the M-100 ever since I first listened to the M-80. Because of this, I know what direction V-MODA is going in and I'm loving it. It's absolutely worth the wait IMO. As for the others, I'll have to wait and read the impressions. The Denons don't interest me at all for some reason - and I'm a big fan of my D1000s. I think it's because of the random directions Denon seems to go in. For example, discontinuing the D1000s and substituting the D1100s. That was pretty unnecessary.

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #164 of 324
Quote:

How many features can headphones have? 

Very few headphones have built-in amps. I don't really think you can be disappointed in a company for not including a built-in amp in a new model.

The M-100s will have removable cables, dual entry for cables (which is relatively rare), an emergency jettison feature, and folding hinges (which, imo, is one of the biggest things V-Moda headphones have been lacking so far).

The only feature I can think of that the M-100s are missing is sideways rotation of the cups. That's not a huge problem, because a lot of headphones don't offer that. It was a bigger problem with the M-80s because the supra-aural design could hurt your ears if they didn't fit the angle of them perfectly. 

I'm still hoping the M-100s deliver on more than just bass improvements. The lack of clarity and hidden nature of the mids still needs to be the thing V-Moda most improves on, or else I'll be wondering why I should drop $300 on them. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #165 of 324
No I didn't mean built in amps, I meant amps in general for portable use are unnecessary. Again most of the time; it depends on the hp but the ones that absolutely need an amp are very few.. As for headphones with built in amps - looks like the amps are necessary to those headphones since they're built in. Or maybe it's just marketing. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back