V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 8, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #17,431 of 23,366
Haha! Awesome! What a sexy pair of pairs, posing suggestively in various positions.
Man does that orange cable stand out though! I don't mind it actually but might look into a nice stealth cable option too heheh

I've actually been looking into the Sig Pro lately too for a nice closed back non-leaky neutral-ish pair. That would make a nice black triumvirate, though the glass on those cups might need some black tape over it haha (someone did that in the Sig Pro thread). Anyway this is when I can eventually afford it and if I can ever find a discounted or second hand pair, they're same or more pricey than the TH600 and I have a feeling I will still prefer the Fostex, so a bit of a luxury.

Listening to this old Pitch Black album atm on TH600, oh so yummy love me some spacey Dub stuff. Their Dub Techno tracks are also amazing..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYytDsyPuqg
(youtube copy sounds like trash though)

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #17,432 of 23,366
I really like the orange cable, but in this context it does look a bit out of place, maybe also due to the gray background and it being the only color spot.
Nevertheless the white M-100 has a gray cable, maybe that fits your needs. And the shareplay cable included with the M-100 is black as far as I remember. No control button and no mic though.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #17,434 of 23,366
I really like the orange cable, but in this context it does look a bit out of place, maybe also due to the gray background and it being the only color spot.
Nevertheless the white M-100 has a gray cable, maybe that fits your needs. And the shareplay cable included with the M-100 is black as far as I remember. No control button and no mic though.

Shareplay can support a mic, I think.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #17,435 of 23,366
Boompro cable is out and ready to ship now, I bought a CoilPro yesterday and got it shipped today.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #17,437 of 23,366
WOOOOOWWWW HAHAHA This thread is even more massive now. It's been quite a while since I've been here last.

A few things. I've been lusting ove rXL pads since I first got my M-100s (I was part of the second batch of pre-orders, mine have been kicking around for a while) mostly because my ears are big, I have piercings, and wearing my M-100s for too long is painful. For example I was on a 2.5 hour bus ride today and had to take them off half way through. I wasn't listening to music, playing PVZ2 lol. So anyways, I remember Val aying the bass would be boomy as compared to the stock pads? Is that confirmed? Also, I remember him mentioning a discount for users who have had their headphones for a while, with the faders or something? I can't remember the details, this was back in the spring. 

Anyways, I'm likely not going to frequent back around here much (last time I said that, I was called blasphemous.... And this is my first post since. I'm hoping if someone has some info for me to inbox me?

I hope everyone's been enjoying their M-100s as much as I have. Shout outs to craigster75 and miceblue (and a lot of other vets of the thread I can't remember right now, you know who you are) if you're still kicking around here!

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #17,438 of 23,366
WOOOOOWWWW HAHAHA This thread is even more massive now. It's been quite a while since I've been here last.

A few things. I've been lusting ove rXL pads since I first got my M-100s (I was part of the second batch of pre-orders, mine have been kicking around for a while) mostly because my ears are big, I have piercings, and wearing my M-100s for too long is painful. For example I was on a 2.5 hour bus ride today and had to take them off half way through. I wasn't listening to music, playing PVZ2 lol. So anyways, I remember Val aying the bass would be boomy as compared to the stock pads? Is that confirmed? Also, I remember him mentioning a discount for users who have had their headphones for a while, with the faders or something? I can't remember the details, this was back in the spring. 

Anyways, I'm likely not going to frequent back around here much (last time I said that, I was called blasphemous.... And this is my first post since. I'm hoping if someone has some info for me to inbox me?

I hope everyone's been enjoying their M-100s as much as I have. Shout outs to craigster75 and miceblue (and a lot of other vets of the thread I can't remember right now, you know who you are) if you're still kicking around here!

To me, yes the bass becomes a bit more boomy with the XL pads, but it's not too bad. I think the comfort benefits outweigh the differences in sound.

As for the discount, I haven't heard anything official about that. They used to give a pair of Faders if you ordered the XL pads, but I think that promotion is over, unfortunately.

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #17,439 of 23,366
To me, yes the bass becomes a bit more boomy with the XL pads, but it's not too bad. I think the comfort benefits outweigh the differences in sound.

As for the discount, I haven't heard anything official about that. They used to give a pair of Faders if you ordered the XL pads, but I think that promotion is over, unfortunately.

Yeah, the coupon code HEADFIFADERS (I think that was it) expired. I dug it up when I ordered my M-100's and XL pads and it didn't work last week.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #17,440 of 23,366
Hi.
What's a cable for the M100s that will improve sound?

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #17,442 of 23,366

The stock (2 sets) of cables that come in the package are already of very good quality. So I believe changing the cables won't do any improvements at all. What sound improvement should you want? How about using a headphone amp?

I guess the only thing you could improve are the microphonics of the cables.  But I think the general consensus is that a cable upgrade isn't worth the money unless you're loaded and are looking to get the best possible sound.

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #17,443 of 23,366
  I wouldn't mind it sounding great from an iPhone 4 and then even that much more amazing amped. Really looking forward to these cans coming out. Could turn out to be my perfect portable.
vrt

They've been out for over a year now...

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #17,445 of 23,366

The stock (2 sets) of cables that come in the package are already of very good quality. So I believe changing the cables won't do any improvements at all. What sound improvement should you want? How about using a headphone amp?

I guess the only thing you could improve are the microphonics of the cables.  But I think the general consensus is that a cable upgrade isn't worth the money unless you're loaded and are looking to get the best possible sound.

Oh, okay. I was looking at the blue and silver dragon, made from copper, interesting stuff.

Hi.

What's a cable for the M100s that will improve sound?

I used to own a FiiO E12 Mont Blanc, currently own a FiiO E17.
I was under the impression they were. I used to use a cheap $1 cable for my amp, changed it to a silver-coated cable, sounds much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back