V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #17,206 of 23,366
Pretty happy with fiio x3; quite like having a separate device that plays up to 24/192 flacs takes 64gb microsd (+8gb onboard) and has hardware eq; its basically an e17 player.
Not that I have m100s to try with it yet but I have a feeling I will soon..

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #17,207 of 23,366
Why are there less color options for the m100 shields ?
mad.gif

And to the people mentioning hardwell and such, its funny sometimes I consider buying or trying other headphones.. then i realize every I listen to dj's with v modas... why try anything else lol

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #17,208 of 23,366
Little bit late on the XL pad discussion, but after reading all your guys reviews, I still can't quite make a decision. 
I love my EDM, but I'm also looking for a larger soundstage for my classical music while studying or relaxing.. Would you guys be suggesting I get the XL pads for this? The regular pads fit me fine, although they get a little uncomfortable after 2 hours since they get fairly warm and cramped.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #17,209 of 23,366
Little bit late on the XL pad discussion, but after reading all your guys reviews, I still can't quite make a decision. 
I love my EDM, but I'm also looking for a larger soundstage for my classical music while studying or relaxing.. Would you guys be suggesting I get the XL pads for this? The regular pads fit me fine, although they get a little uncomfortable after 2 hours since they get fairly warm and cramped.

It's $20, worth a try. You can go back.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #17,210 of 23,366

$25 (which isn't a problem) + 1-4 week shipping (which when I ordered the M80 from their store it took 4 weeks..) since I live in Canada.
I just don't like having garbage sitting around if it sucks haha. 
How do I take off my original pads anyway? I've been tugging at them and they won't budge. They feel like they're going to rip instead. Is there a special technique?

Oct 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #17,214 of 23,366

$25 (which isn't a problem) + 1-4 week shipping (which when I ordered the M80 from their store it took 4 weeks..) since I live in Canada.
I just don't like having garbage sitting around if it sucks haha. 
How do I take off my original pads anyway? I've been tugging at them and they won't budge. They feel like they're going to rip instead. Is there a special technique?

You basically pull on the pad really hard. It helps to grip the inside of the earpad with one hand, grip the outer rim of the earcup with the other, and curl the earpad away from you.

Something like this.

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgat9VVVLlc[/video]

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #17,216 of 23,366
Has anyone tried using the XL pads with the original LPs yet?  Considering the old sound signature of the LPs, I am one of the multitude that is wondering if it makes an improvement to the sound of the LPs and make it worth getting the upgrade.

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #17,219 of 23,366
Hi,

I want to recable these headphones. Do you know what type of connectors (headphone size) is used by V-Moda M-100 and where to get them? 

Unless you're doing some extreme modding, the headphone jack is the very common 3.5mm jack, also known as a P2 or mini-headphone jack. It's the same as you would see on an iPod headphone jack :wink:

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #17,220 of 23,366
Has anyone tried using the XL pads with the original LPs yet?  Considering the old sound signature of the LPs, I am one of the multitude that is wondering if it makes an improvement to the sound of the LPs and make it worth getting the upgrade.
I mean, the pads would lessen the bass a bit (the LP has plenty to spare), but I'm still waiting for someone to definitively say how it affects the Mids. As someone who used to own the LPs myself before I lost them (perhaps my grandma stole them?), I can tell you the drivers are different and the M100 has noticeably better treble extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back