V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #16,848 of 23,366
I just got the shipping notification for my XL Pads. Hopefully they get here quickly.

Same here. Now let's just hope my M-100's plastic doesn't disintegrate during the pad change...
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #16,853 of 23,366
Just checked the mail and my XL Pads were there.  Pleasantly surprised!  Swapping them out is a cinch.  Here's a video if you need to know how.

http://youtu.be/VjhiMq9GPx4

XL Pads make a huge difference in comfort.  Now that I've swapped them out I can't imagine going back to the regular ones.

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #16,855 of 23,366
One thing I'd be curious about with the XL pads would be whether they get sweaty, these looks like they will be all sweaty after 1hr use, leather + even surface (no room for breathing) is a recipé for hot pads.

Oct 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #16,857 of 23,366
  I think they get warm for sure, but not hot... granted I sit in an A/C room all day. I don't sweat from them but I imagine those that exercise with the m-100 could find it an issue.

All pads gets warm to some point, well some low quality thin pleather + velour stays fairly avg though even after several hrs of use but what matters is if it leaves sweat marks when taking it off after prolonged use, if it can last 2hrs+ of use without building visible sweat on the surface of the pad when taking off then it's good in my book. :)

I've dealt with those hot pads which you can only use roughly 45~1 hr before it builds up and it's a bit of an annoyance, it won't smell very nice after a while and I'm too lazy to maintain (read clean).

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #16,858 of 23,366
Finding myself more and more interested in m100 especially with the talk of these larger pads. I do kinda miss the big emphasised deep bass of pro900s but they were too piercing & cold. Isolation sucked too. Hows the comfort of m100 for long periods of use (im thinking could be good commute/office fun pair) ?

I know supposed to be circumaural but do they fit around most peoples ears? The xl pads seem like they'd help there but still waiting for more sound/isolation impressions here.

Also I love my current portable pair dt1350 which I think will stay with me for a long time, fantastic sub bass and even sound - great for every genre. I know m100 would be only for EDM / rock really. The do look more comfy & nicer design than dt1350 in my book too (love matte black and understated/no branding), great aesthetic design.

I know they aren't going to compete on isolation tho from what I've read and that's a worry for commuting on noisy public transport (the trams here in Melbourne are bloody loud). Cranking the volume to compensate us not good for the hearing long term!

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #16,859 of 23,366
Finding myself more and more interested in m100 especially with the talk of these larger pads. I do kinda miss the big emphasised deep bass of pro900s but they were too piercing & cold. Isolation sucked too. Hows the comfort of m100 for long periods of use (im thinking could be good commute/office fun pair) ?

I know supposed to be circumaural but do they fit around most peoples ears? The xl pads seem like they'd help there but still waiting for more sound/isolation impressions here.

Also I love my current portable pair dt1350 which I think will stay with me for a long time, fantastic sub bass and even sound - great for every genre. I know m100 would be only for EDM / rock really. The do look more comfy & nicer design than dt1350 in my book too (love matte black and understated/no branding), great aesthetic design.

I know they aren't going to compete on isolation tho from what I've read and that's a worry for commuting on noisy public transport (the trams here in Melbourne are bloody loud). Cranking the volume to compensate us not good for the hearing long term!

The clamp of the M-100s is great since the headband can be molded to the shape of your head. Pad-wise though, after ~30 minutes my ears start feeling uncomfortable and after an hour, I have to take them off and rest for 5 minutes or so because they become very painful for me. I have regular sized ears that only protrude slightly, but comfort is still killer for me, which the XL pads should fix. Isolation wise, they are lacking since they are a closed headphones with vent ports. I actually prefer it like this though since I can still hear some things around me while I'm walking around, but this is just a personal preference.

My pads shipped around an hour ago. Ordered on the 15th of September. Hope they get here by next week, but I live in Canada so shipping sucks.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #16,860 of 23,366

The clamp of the M-100s is great since the headband can be molded to the shape of your head. Pad-wise though, after ~30 minutes my ears start feeling uncomfortable and after an hour, I have to take them off and rest for 5 minutes or so because they become very painful for me. I have regular sized ears that only protrude slightly, but comfort is still killer for me, which the XL pads should fix. Isolation wise, they are lacking since they are a closed headphones with vent ports. I actually prefer it like this though since I can still hear some things around me while I'm walking around, but this is just a personal preference.

My pads shipped around an hour ago. Ordered on the 15th of September. Hope they get here by next week, but I live in Canada so shipping sucks.

I was in the same boat, that I was able to go  on the order of 30 minutes to an hour. I have been able to go 2 hours easy. I haven't been able to go longer because of people coming to my desk to talk to me and lunch. I can easily see going all day if you really wanted to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back