V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #16,831 of 23,366
  i heard alot of good things about the B&O H6, did you just try the model in the apple store, it could have been defective or something wrong with it, i just dont wanna buy something and return it because i dont have alot of time in my schedule

I've tried them here in Australia for a brief few minutes, and they sound pretty standard to me...

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #16,833 of 23,366
  crap i forgot to respond to dr, sheep, standard in meaning what??

Standard, in general, to me, is "ehh"..

I didn't listen to them for long enough I guess, since 5 minutes is a pretty short time period, for around one song and a half. 

They were slightly bright, not so much dark/warm sounding, but overall kinda neutral. I won't go into specifics with them since like I said, I didn't use them for long enough, but all I can say is that they have quality detailing and micro-detailing, but weren't full-sounding. 

Anyone who has heard them for longer than I have, can justify their findings, but that's all I picked up in the short time span of using them.

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #16,834 of 23,366
  i heard alot of good things about the B&O H6, did you just try the model in the apple store, it could have been defective or something wrong with it, i just dont wanna buy something and return it because i dont have alot of time in my schedule

I went to the B&O store and demo it for over 30 mins with my iPhone 4S with the V-MODA VAMP.  The store was decently quiet so overall testing wise it was decent.  I almost bought the H6 twice, but because of my test, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I suggest you get the Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog for a little more instead.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #16,835 of 23,366
I'd just like to say that the M-100 pairs beautifully with the Schiit Lyr. Sounds absolutely incredible. Everything is so smooth, clear, and detailed.
Really? I would think the lyr is way to powerful for the M-100. The lyr puts out something like 6 watts into 32 ohms. Have you heard the M-100 with the M&M stack? I'm still very interested in reading some opinions on the M-100 with it.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #16,836 of 23,366
Really? I would think the lyr is way to powerful for the M-100. The lyr puts out something like 6 watts into 32 ohms. Have you heard the M-100 with the M&M stack? I'm still very interested in reading some opinions on the M-100 with it.

Actually I usually have the Lyr at about 11 o'clock with my M-100. Yes it is a powerful amp but only if you need to it to be. It's perfectly capable of running lower ohm headphones. 

Also, yes I have used the M&M stack. I have it. Sounds very good for the money. I'm currently using the Modi with the Lyr though. There's no comparison between the Lyr and the Magni. The Magni just can't compete. However, the Magni is by far the best amp you can get for the money. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #16,837 of 23,366

Like I said in your M-100 vs H6 thread, I liked it because it's different than the M-100. As a V-MODA fan (I have the M-80 also) it's nice to hear a different sound signature than what I'm used to. However, in regards to your question of getting both, I think it may be better to pick up a closed headphone and an open one instead of two closed headphones. That way you've got your bases covered. For the same price as the H6 you can pick up a HE-400 which sounds incredible.

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #16,838 of 23,366
Just demoed these out at the Microsoft store with just some lossless tracks on my iPhone and It wasn't bad. Definitely bass heavy but i agree with what Tyll said that there isn't any major peaks so you don't feel like your missing anything. Still way too much bass than what I like but as a basshead can, these are great!

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #16,839 of 23,366
Just demoed these out at the Microsoft store with just some lossless tracks on my iPhone and It wasn't bad. Definitely bass heavy but i agree with what Tyll said that there isn't any major peaks so you don't feel like your missing anything. Still way too much bass than what I like but as a basshead can, these are great!

If you like the overall sound of M-100 but find them too bassy, I recommend the NAD HP50.

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #16,845 of 23,366
I just got the shipping notification for my XL Pads. Hopefully they get here quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back