V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #16,816 of 23,366
Me too! I ordered the grey ones last night. Don't have any comfort issues but was just wanted to feel and hear the difference.

I didn't even realized they have grey ones now, and of course I just placed another order for them in addition to my black ones.  Can't wait.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #16,817 of 23,366
Thanks for all the feedback gang. I'm not trying to slam V-Moda for the sake of being negative. I own their headphones, and have held on to their headphones because I enjoy them, hanging out for the deeper ear pads to come out. What I am expressing is nothing more than disappointment in the fact I haven't got these in my possession given how long ago I ordered them. Here is hoping they will honor their last email and mine are shipped out on Wednesday. Happy that I am seeing reviews so far saying they are way more comfortable with minimal change to their sound. Mine are with me everywhere I go and I am happy to say no build issues or cracks anywhere.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #16,818 of 23,366
By the way, here is a discussion I am unsure has been had previously. So I have managed to convince several people at my work to purchase these. I have the Matte Black while the others have the Shadow. One of the other comfort aspects for me has been the headband. Me and one of my workmates did a swap for a day. I found his Shadows to be heaps more comfortable from a headband perspective. Feels like there is more padding or the material itself creates enough of a barrier to feel like a solid headband isn't severely pushing against your head. Has anyone compared the 2 and feels the same? I know it's not my imagination because my friend agreed my ones felt tougher on his head. It is one of the reasons I am looking forward to the XLs so much. Get the right ear pads, get them to seal adequately and lift the headband so it isn't touching my head altogether. 2 wins by changing one aspect, that is what I am hoping anyway.

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #16,821 of 23,366
Do you guys think the XL pads will work on the Crossfade LP and M-80 as well?

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #16,823 of 23,366
Do you guys think the XL pads will work on the Crossfade LP and M-80 as well?

Yes (possible I believe) to Crossfade LP's, but hell no to the M-80's.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #16,824 of 23,366
heyheyhey!! so excited that the XL pads are finally liveee. i was wondering if someone who owns them could post pictures with a ruler to measure out the dimensions (depth, height, width)? Thanks!!! :)

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #16,825 of 23,366
heyheyhey!! so excited that the XL pads are finally liveee. i was wondering if someone who owns them could post pictures with a ruler to measure out the dimensions (depth, height, width)? Thanks!!! :)

Dimensions can be found on the website:
Length: 93mm
Width: 75mm
Depth: 24mm

Though I'd be interested in seeing more pictures as well, especially of some grey ones

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #16,827 of 23,366
Has anyone listened to the M100's on a CEntrance HiFi M8 amp/dac? I ordered a HiFi M8 with the IEM mod to guarantee the lowest noise floor possible because I feel like the M100's are sensitive/efficient. I'm hoping that the M100's scale well with it. I have enjoyed the sound of these cans coming from 5.5g Ipod>solid silver 4 strand LOD>JDS Labs C5 Amp as the source. So I'm excited to see what the M100's sound like from an amp/dac rig because I have never experienced an amp mated to a dac before or with any sample rate higher than 16/44.1 ALAC.

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #16,828 of 23,366
I'd just like to say that the M-100 pairs beautifully with the Schiit Lyr. Sounds absolutely incredible. Everything is so smooth, clear, and detailed.

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #16,829 of 23,366
  Has anyone listened to the M100's on a CEntrance HiFi M8 amp/dac? I ordered a HiFi M8 with the IEM mod to guarantee the lowest noise floor possible because I feel like the M100's are sensitive/efficient. I'm hoping that the M100's scale well with it. I have enjoyed the sound of these cans coming from 5.5g Ipod>solid silver 4 strand LOD>JDS Labs C5 Amp as the source. So I'm excited to see what the M100's sound like from an amp/dac rig because I have never experienced an amp mated to a dac before or with any sample rate higher than 16/44.1 ALAC.

Not yet but I will, as I have a LX coming in Nov.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #16,830 of 23,366
i heard alot of good things about the B&O H6, did you just try the model in the apple store, it could have been defective or something wrong with it, i just dont wanna buy something and return it because i dont have alot of time in my schedule

Users who are viewing this thread

Back