V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #16,366 of 23,366
Quote:
I was tempted to buy one of the NuForce Transient cables since my attempt at removing frayed fabric with a lighter resulted in my M-100 cable getting these pointy nubs that would stick to my clothes. Then I noticed that beneath the fabric of the M-100 cable is just a plain black rubber cable. A pair of scissors and 10 minutes later yielded this:

It looks tackier in the picture that it does in person. Now, no more microphonics, and no more clothing stickiness.

O_o', if I knew you are going to do this, I might just as well give you my new 3 button cable...

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #16,367 of 23,366
Quote:
XLR would kinda defeat the portability factor, requiring a balanced amp and all :p

But come to think of it, going balance with RSA might still work.

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #16,369 of 23,366
Quote:
I emailed Drew of Moon Audio about this and it is only doable if you hard-wire them. Note the cables only go into the earcups with none going into them from the headband. So a lot of work involved certainly.

Yeah, I figured as such...

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #16,370 of 23,366
Quote:
O_o', if I knew you are going to do this, I might just as well give you my new 3 button cable...

Thanks, DrSheep, but I have no need for a 3-button cable since I don't have any Apple products. I'm sure you can find someone on these forums who'll love it.

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #16,371 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks, DrSheep, but I have no need for a 3-button cable since I don't have any Apple products. I'm sure you can find someone on these forums who'll love it.

It's too late already, I already mailed it out to someone last week, whom has yet to pay me back...

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #16,374 of 23,366
I've heard about comfort issues with the m100...how does it compare with the momentum in this aspect???And is the m100 good only for bassheads?? I don't like too much bass...

Comfort issues will vary from person to person. If you have larger ears, you may encounter some comfort issues while you should have no problem with the headband, as it is easily adjustable and problems are easy to fix. I have no experience with the Momentum, so I am unable to offer a valid comparison.

I like to have a strong bass presence in my music and (to my relatively untrained ear) the M-100 does a very good job with the amount of bass it incorporates. As has been noted in many reviews, the mids are slightly recessed, but one simply needs to EQ their music to their liking.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #16,375 of 23,366
Quote:
I've heard about comfort issues with the m100...how does it compare with the momentum in this aspect???And is the m100 good only for bassheads?? I don't like too much bass...

To MY ears, the Momentums were less comfortable than the M100s.
Also, if you don't like TOO much bass, DON'T get the M100s.

Thanks.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #16,376 of 23,366
Quote:

To MY ears, the Momentums were less comfortable than the M100s.
Also, if you don't like TOO much bass, DON'T get the M100s.

Thanks.

Between m-100 and momentums I think that momentum is defintely the more comfortable. Momentum are lighter, clamp less and ears don't become hot. For me momentum become more comfortable after some break in time...

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #16,377 of 23,366
Quote:

Between m-100 and momentums I think that momentum is defintely the more comfortable. Momentum are lighter, clamp less and ears don't become hot. For me momentum become more comfortable after some break in time...

It always baffles me why anyone would honestly thinks that the Momentum can be more comfortable than the M-100 when 1, it has a smaller ear pads with even smaller inner dimensions; 2, cloth instead of leather for the inner piece; 3, M-100 hand band can be bended over much more than the Momentum; 4, XL pad is out for the M-100.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #16,379 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't know if anyone noticed an update on the XL pads on the V-Moda website,

http://v-moda.com/xl-memory-cushions/

~ Now ships in 3-4 weeks
~ A set of two cushions
~ Actual size and specs

Excited :)

We sure did, and it was listed under VTF for a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back