V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #16,291 of 23,366
So far, no problems with my new M-100's. No structural issues at this time and sounds pretty good. I've been messing around with the EQ on PowerAMP on my GS4, we'll see where that goes. If anybody has expertise or advice on setting a general EQ on the M -100's, please let me know.

I'm using PowerAmp on a Cowon Z2 and I find the techno pre-set sounds best to my ears. That said, it is sitting on top of Cowon's Jet Effect engine, so you probably won't get the same experience on an S4.

I'm also using it with a Fiio E12, though it doesn't change the sound signature, I just love the bass boost and the higher gain as my Cowon doesn't seem to have very high volume levels.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #16,297 of 23,366

New M-100 with both the silver and matte black shields for others' benefit. I also got the simple "V" as my custom engraving if anybody wanted to see how that turned out.

I'm digging it!

I've also got a pair of matte black faceplates coming for my white M-100's, and now I regret not getting the V-Moda V on it to make it less plain.. Oh well..

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #16,298 of 23,366
Get one last week , black colour, saw some reviews on headfonia they review it so bad , but actually , it i think it is ok, we should not take it as an audiophile headphone , it was for dj and basshead. the built quality is great, the m100 fit my ear well, the bass impact is fantanstic like ie80 , even better,bass quality is good , the mids and high is ok,soundstage so big , bigger than hd25, dt1350 which i have before, the only problem is when i wear at street about 20min,it start to become incomfortable , and the isolation is not very good (when i listen on train, i can hear noise from outside)

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #16,299 of 23,366
Quote:
Get one last week , black colour, saw some reviews on headfonia they review it so bad , but actually , it i think it is ok, we should not take it as an audiophile headphone , it was for dj and basshead. the built quality is great, the m100 fit my ear well, the bass impact is fantanstic like ie80 , even better,bass quality is good , the mids and high is ok,soundstage so big , bigger than hd25, dt1350 which i have before, the only problem is when i wear at street about 20min,it start to become incomfortable , and the isolation is not very good (when i listen on train, i can hear noise from outside)

Bend the head band and get a pair of XL pads.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #16,301 of 23,366
Quote:
I disagree wtih the bulk majority of Headfonia's reviews....

Why else are we all here instead of over there
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #16,302 of 23,366
I've put up a new thread asking for what headphone I should try next (or if I should give the M-100 another shot) - if those of you with extensive experience with the M-100 (miceblue, Craigster75, etc) could provide your input on the M-100 over time (as well as any other headphones I have on the list), I'd be thankful.

This is mainly to see if the comfort can improve over time and if so, how. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/678416/re-buying-with-experience-classy-natural-well-built-headphone-needed

Thanks in advance everyone! 

(PS: I don't mean to derail the thread, please carry on with your discussions - help is more than welcome though.)

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #16,303 of 23,366
Does anyone here own a pair of of M100's and WS99's? I'm trying to decide between them and I can't find a proper review of the WS99's. I am currently leaning towards the M100's because of the superior build quality. If anyone could chime in and help me I'd appreciate that.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #16,304 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone here own a pair of of M100's and WS99's? I'm trying to decide between them and I can't find a proper review of the WS99's. I am currently leaning towards the M100's because of the superior build quality. If anyone could chime in and help me I'd appreciate that.

I had both for while and both headphones are really really good.  I kept the M100s for one main reason...they are built much better.  You'd be happy with either, but I just felt like the WS99s were cheaply made compared to the M100s and their lifespan would be lesser because of that fact.  Both are bass oriented headphones (obviously) that excelled on the low end, but I think the M100s were a bit fuller (upper bass) and their lower bass went a bit deeper.  That was the other deciding factor.

That said, the WS99s were more comfortable...they just fit so perfect and they were lighter on your head too.

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #16,305 of 23,366
Quote:

I had both for while and both headphones are really really good.  I kept the M100s for one main reason...they are built much better.  You'd be happy with either, but I just felt like the WS99s were cheaply made compared to the M100s and their lifespan would be lesser because of that fact.  Both are bass oriented headphones (obviously) that excelled on the low end, but I think the M100s were a bit fuller (upper bass) and their lower bass went a bit deeper.  That was the other deciding factor.

That said, the WS99s were more comfortable...they just fit so perfect and they were lighter on your head too.

How would the two compare in the rest of the spectrum (midrange, treble) ?
And which one would you say has a wider soundstage?

Thanks in advance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back