V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #16,156 of 23,366
i have a question : i live in Israel an i'm not very familiar with how
the markets work in the states, but if i wait to Black Friday which should
happen in a couple of  months, would i be happy
to find the M-100 discounted on Amazon?
thanks

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #16,157 of 23,366
Can't be sure but that's very likely.

FYI, Labor Day is coming soon too.

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #16,158 of 23,366
Quote:
i have a question : i live in Israel an i'm not very familiar with how
the markets work in the states, but if i wait to Black Friday which should
happen in a couple of  months, would i be happy
to find the M-100 discounted on Amazon?
thanks

I would check regularly as sales pop up radomly, not necessarily tied to holidays.  Keeping a close eye on pricing is how I was able to purchase a brand new Vamp last year for under $200!

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #16,162 of 23,366
Sort of off topic: mini review for the NuForce Transient Cable (1.5m)

The NuForce cable is about 3mm thick and 4 inches longer than the V-MODA 1 button cable for the M-100.  It has a slightly orangish red compare to the stock Momentum cable, with very similar surface texture.  I tried to rub on it but I can hardly hear any noise from it at all.  Listening to my VC SDT with the AK120, I think this cable has a slightly more resistance compare to the stock one, so the volume is a hair lower at the same setting.  Overall for $12.5 USD this is a very good buy and a great replacement cable for the M-100/M-80.  Highly recommended.

p.s. the 0.2m version is over 6 inches long, so it is a ted too long for an interconnect, but still great cable and it's only $6.

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #16,163 of 23,366
 Hi :)  I'm going to buy the M-100, I'm mainly going to be using them with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and with my PC,  I'm wondering, Should I get a Amp? ( something like the FiiO E12 Mont Blanc )?  Or would it be better getting a Dac/amp such as the FiiO E17. Or is an Amp/dac not something I would need. ( I have never bought either of them before ) Sorry if this sounds like a terribly stupid question.. But this would be the first  decent pair of headphones I've ever bought and I would like to get the best I possibly can out of them.  

Thanks for your time,

Naz

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #16,164 of 23,366
Quote:
 Hi :)  I'm going to buy the M-100, I'm mainly going to be using them with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and with my PC,  I'm wondering, Should I get a Amp? ( something like the FiiO E12 Mont Blanc )?  Or would it be better getting a Dac/amp such as the FiiO E17. Or is an Amp/dac not something I would need. ( I have never bought either of them before ) Sorry if this sounds like a terribly stupid question.. But this would be the first  decent pair of headphones I've ever bought and I would like to get the best I possibly can out of them.  

Thanks for your time,

Naz

If you're going to use them with your PC, I suggest the E17 or the E07K...that way you can use it as an amp, or as a USB DAC (bypass your computers sound card).  To me, the E07K is better than the E17 even though it's lower priced, so you might start there and save a few bucks.

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #16,165 of 23,366
Congrats on your M-100, but amping the S4 is tricky, as it doesn't support USB On-The-Go (OTG) for digital out with DAC/AMP.  It doesn't have a line out either, and you will be double amping with traditional analog amps like the FiiO's.  I would recommend getting a better phone later with a compatible DAC/AMP.

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #16,166 of 23,366
Quote:

Thanks for your time,

Naz

Not stupid at all.  Do you NEED an amp? No.  The M-100 sounds great without one.  As it was designed to work within the modest power allowance of most smartphones.  That said, it does benefit from the right amp.  There is a slight mid-range drop, depending on who you ask, that benefits significantly with the proper amp.  An amp will generally improve the impact of the bass, as well as the overall clarity and sharpness of the treble.  My personal favorite amp is the Verza, though at $600 is quite the commitment and it is currently not compatible with the S4.  I know Craigster has tried a few other amps.  Maybe he can suggest a few others that might be a good match.   

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #16,167 of 23,366
Quote:
Congrats on your M-100, but amping the S4 is tricky, as it doesn't support USB On-The-Go (OTG) for digital out with DAC/AMP.  It doesn't have a line out either, and you will be double amping with traditional analog amps like the FiiO's.  I would recommend getting a better phone later with a compatible DAC/AMP.

This not true. The S4 does support USB audio output.

I recommend you pick up the E07K and connect it over USB. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #16,170 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back