V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #15,871 of 23,366
hi,

i would like to know how the bass of the v moda is compared to the beats pro? i really like the bass on these things, but i also would like more clearity in my music. If v moda would offer me this im willing to go with these.
pls someone who actually listened to the beats pro and no beats basher :p
thx

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #15,873 of 23,366
Quote:
Hmm...i've got $400 and am thinking of getting a pair of these. Want to know though, how big are the pads compared to the momentum? The momentum's pads are really comfortable for me, and i'm thinking of getting the m100 as a complement sound signature wise.

If you find the Momentum pads comfortable, I see no reason why you wouldn't find the M-100 pads at least as comfortable, even moreso.  M-100 pads are bigger and I prefer the way their shape fits on my ear.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #15,874 of 23,366
Quote:
hi,

i would like to know how the bass of the v moda is compared to the beats pro? i really like the bass on these things, but i also would like more clearity in my music. If v moda would offer me this im willing to go with these.
pls someone who actually listened to the beats pro and no beats basher :p
thx

For the record, I'm no Beats basher - I have the beats Mixr and up until my M100 they were my best dj headset.

The M100 has as slightly more bass impact than the Beats pro but is waaaay cleaner and less distorted. Low bass extends well into low frequencies. Mids and highs are much cleaner also.

Confession - I initially was going to get beats pro before I got my M100's. I did some heavy listening to the beats pro and liked them but wasnt particularly thrilled about  the price although the build is really solid and I liked their bass..... I took a chance on the M100's and couldnt be happier. My eyes (ears) were opened. Beats pro are excellent for the style of music they are meant for (hip hop, dance, EDM, etc) but M100 does all those so much better (and at a better price). Not to mention they look much better (purely subjective).

Oh and I'd rate them about even on comfort. The M100's are lighter than the Beats Pro.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #15,875 of 23,366
'
I personally don't use the case any more since the zipper busted a while ago after only about a month's use...

I have no problems just putting it in my bag with other things like books.

Isn't that covered by warranty?

I don't know if accessories are covered.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #15,877 of 23,366
Quote:
This is great. I just traded my Mad Dogs for a set of m100s and now the XL pads look like they're coming out soon. The new pads look awesome. 

So what do you think of the difference ? Which Mad Dogs did you have ?

I'm a huge fan of both cans. For me the combination gets me to my listening nirvana. M100's for my hardcore listening and DJ'ing, MD's for everything else

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #15,878 of 23,366
Quote:
So what do you think of the difference ? Which Mad Dogs did you have ?

I'm a huge fan of both cans. For me the combination gets me to my listening nirvana. M100's for my hardcore listening and DJ'ing, MD's for everything else

I had version 3.1 of the Mad Dogs w/ Alpha Pads and I'll let you know when they arrive. The m100s are supposed to be here on the 9th. I have spent a few minutes listening to a friends m100s but I'm super excited to have more time to listen to them, and to listen to them with music I enjoy (hip hop, RnB, jazz). 

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #15,879 of 23,366
Quote:
For the record, I'm no Beats basher - I have the beats Mixr and up until my M100 they were my best dj headset.

The M100 has as slightly more bass impact than the Beats pro but is waaaay cleaner and less distorted. Low bass extends well into low frequencies. Mids and highs are much cleaner also.

Confession - I initially was going to get beats pro before I got my M100's. I did some heavy listening to the beats pro and liked them but wasnt particularly thrilled about  the price although the build is really solid and I liked their bass..... I took a chance on the M100's and couldnt be happier. My eyes (ears) were opened. Beats pro are excellent for the style of music they are meant for (hip hop, dance, EDM, etc) but M100 does all those so much better (and at a better price). Not to mention they look much better (purely subjective).

Oh and I'd rate them about even on comfort. The M100's are lighter than the Beats Pro.

i dont know what to do here. i kinda like the beats pro for my kinda music (mainly house music, some light hardcore), but if i could upgrade at a cheaper price i would definitely do it. I payed the beats pro 330 euro where i can get the v moda for 230 euro. (i can send my beats back). I would be very pissed if the vmoda didnt perform like the way i want to :p
Do the vmoda also get loud without an amp in a smartphone? I have an amp, but i would like to take my headphones with me sometime

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #15,880 of 23,366
M-100 gets plenty loud out of my iPhone. I accidentally had the volume at 100% (for some reason it doesn't go back to normal volume after I undock anymore) and it almost blew my ears out when I pressed play. M-100 will not sound as thick or boomy as the Beats that I've heard (I haven't heard the Beats Pro though). The bass is much tighter.

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #15,882 of 23,366
Quote:
M-100 gets plenty loud out of my iPhone. I accidentally had the volume at 100% (for some reason it doesn't go back to normal volume after I undock anymore) and it almost blew my ears out when I pressed play. M-100 will not sound as thick or boomy as the Beats that I've heard (I haven't heard the Beats Pro though). The bass is much tighter.

Quote:
i dont know what to do here. i kinda like the beats pro for my kinda music (mainly house music, some light hardcore), but if i could upgrade at a cheaper price i would definitely do it. I payed the beats pro 330 euro where i can get the v moda for 230 euro. (i can send my beats back). I would be very pissed if the vmoda didnt perform like the way i want to :p
Do the vmoda also get loud without an amp in a smartphone? I have an amp, but i would like to take my headphones with me sometime

I agree with blueangel - the M100 definitely is loud out of the iphone. As with any good pair of headphones, they sound better with an amp but, you get plenty of bass without one. I think you'll be blown away with how much just from an iphone. To me the beats pro are good cans but honestly they are overpriced (399 USD here in the states). In comparison to the M100's they lose and then when you consider price, its not even close.

All the music that should sound good on the beats pro, sounds better on the M100 IMO.

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #15,883 of 23,366
i think im gonna order a pair. I dont care about the price, if something sounds better than i could justify it, but since everyone says the vmodas sound better at a lower price.. well :wink:

edit: ok i ordered one, man im nervous like hell about this :p now ive got 2 headphones. Need to send one back tho

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #15,884 of 23,366
I haven't been in this thread for months now or even in head-fi all together. Still no sing of the XL pads on the V-Moda website. So disappointing. :mad:

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #15,885 of 23,366
Quote:
I haven't been in this thread for months now or even in head-fi all together. Still no sing of the XL pads on the V-Moda website. So disappointing.
mad.gif

Go back to page 1056 and you'll see the latest update from Val. I'd say they are very close to a final design .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back