V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #15,736 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?

They are amazing.  They actually use them for some PRODUCTION parts in manufacturing, they quality and durability is so good.  We use ours for prototyping all the time. 

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #15,740 of 23,366
Quote:
Here's some quick pictures of it. This pad is probably oversized. A more similar one would probably look and sound better. 

Anticipation - how is the sound?!?!

Sold my V-Moda M-100's but love the tinkering spirit! 

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #15,744 of 23,366
David, with your amazing 3D printer combined with your amazing "EAR"pad mod, I demand one of these "EAR"pad mods not only for increased comfort, but to improve my hearing too. :wink:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/bionic-ear_n_3224379.html
^ want to apply there for grad school :D

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #15,745 of 23,366
Hi guys, I've finished up with my Q701 observations and I've finally moved along to the M-100 with the iCAN. For those interested feel free to watch the below video and read my earlier observations in the descriptions box concerning the Q701 with the iCAN. It'll give you an idea what this amp can do. I'll probably have something typed up in the next week or two.

On a different note, recently I was going through some stored away stuff looking to clear out any unwanted gear and ran across the M-100 boom mic. I don't game and I don't Skype and have no real use for this mic so it's unused and still brand new. If anyone is interested in it I'll let it go for 20 USD plus shipping and PayPal fees. Message me if interested. Price is firm low ballers will be ignored.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #15,746 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?

Weren't they making customs with them already?

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #15,747 of 23,366
Quote:
Anticipation - how is the sound?!?!

Sold my V-Moda M-100's but love the tinkering spirit

To be expected the bass is not as noticeable. Similar to the towel mod that has been discussed here but with a slightly more distanced sound.  Isolation is about the same. I'll make something for a smaller and more oval pad, hopefully it will be a happy medium.

Also add a fiber mate or something to cover the speaker as is unprotected at the moment.

I wouldn't mind making a few if you're interested, once a tweak it. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back