V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #15,725 of 23,366
Quote:
No images posted/beta versions sent out?

There are some images, although it's speculative at best.

This picture is taken from the description page of the V-MODA BoomPro Mic.

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #15,726 of 23,366
Quote:
A lot of people don't know that you can easily fix the cable fray with a lighter.  I learn this in the Army, and all you need to do is to hold the flame close and burnout the fray.  Just make sure that you move the flame around so it doesn't actually burn the cable itself.

I used your lighter fix and my cable is now fray-free. I also have these cool burn marks all up and down my cable now. 
tongue.gif

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #15,727 of 23,366
What's the best way to clean the pads? Any objections to standard anti-bacterial wipes or baby wipes?

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #15,730 of 23,366
Quote:
Shouldn't be long now! 

BTW, how does the CMOYBB work with the M100?

Works great. Separation and soundstage improve slightly and the bass boost is amazing if you're in one of those moods. It's a little muddy compared to the FiiO E17, but for $60 it's a gem.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #15,731 of 23,366
As it looks like the official XL pads are going to take a while... I'm trying to design an "adaptor" to fit larger and more confortable pads in the M-100 cans, thanks to some 3D-printing magic at home. Hopefully that'll be a temporal solution when using the headphone at the office for long periods of time.

I made a piece of plastic that fits safely in the hexagonal shape and has a different shape in the outside to fit a different pad. So far I made a circular adaptor to fit some cheap velour beyerdinamic pads that I got from eBay - they are a little too big but I'm happy with the result!

What pads do you guys think would be a good match for the M-100? That's obviously just a temporal solution as it affects the sounds dramatically but it's a lot of fun as well 
gs1000.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #15,734 of 23,366
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #15,735 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?

Go watch "The Ben Heck Show" on YouTube and you will understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back