V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #15,347 of 23,366
If someone is interested, Amazon Spain is selling the M100 for just above 200 euros.

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00A39PPDK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d6_i4?pf_rd_m=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0NRTCDJ29VYFRJZBXD75&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=312235527&pf_rd_i=602357031

I sometimes check offers in Amazon Spain and prices go up and down quite a lot. Worth checking. Saw a similar offer for the Momentum a while ago.

BTW, Val said he would be posting some pictures of the new pads, am I right?

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #15,349 of 23,366
Quote:
New pads? WHEN?!

popcorn.gif

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #15,350 of 23,366
Quote:
wth, these are sounding so fantastic right now through my home pc (haven't used them much here yet).  using a Creative X-Fi USB DAC/AMP and i'm surprised at how hard the bass is hitting, which is probably why i was kinda confused/underwhelmed bass-output wise on my ipod classic/cmoybb.  it probably muddies up the mid-range a bit but i'm loving it otherwise, as it was kinda what i was expecting going in with these headphones in the first place.  soundstage also seems much wider/more detailed in comparison to my portable setup.  it could just be because i'm listening at home where there's less noise and i can concentrate on detail.  still, if only there were a way to make this setup portable (don't have a laptop). :frowning2:

i guess this is my first real taste of "synergy" or something vis-a-vis headphones...

I found that the sound was muddied by my cMoyBB, sounds best straight from my iPods.

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #15,353 of 23,366
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #15,358 of 23,366
Quote:
The current one is already 'on' for me. Perhaps these will be so 'on' they'll be 'in' my ears.

Hahahaha!!!

Maybe V-Moda can release a bigger M100 that doesn't feel on-ear (and not the other way around like Senn...)
Waiting for the XL pads kind of sucks... hope they deliver...

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #15,360 of 23,366
Not sure if anyone cares but there is an on the ear version of the momentum coming: http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/sennheiser-grows-momentum-family-with-on-ear-model-available-in/

Waaaaait... The current model isn't already considered on-ear? It's about the same wearing/fit experience as the M-80.

The Momentums I tried briefly at Best Buy weren't bad and partially went around my ear, but my Crossfade LPs had slightly more room IIRC. Since the cup and pad size of the LPs and M-100s are the same, I know I can only wear them for about an hour and a half unless/until the pads break in or I get used to them. I could and have worn my Q701 and previous AD700 for 8-hour stretches, though over time I turned the volume lower and lower to prevent fatigue. I've read a lot on this thread about how M-100 comfort improves with flexing the headband for looser fit or the pads conforming to the ear, and of course there are the mods such as the "paper towel" stuffing and the upcoming XL pads.

Speaking about the XL pads, what has been rumored about them? Compared to the stock pads, Are they wider, stuffed to be deeper, or both? I still think it's wild that V-MODA crowd-sources ideas, though of course it takes someone clever to think of features that the average person wouldn't even know they want/need till they use it. IMO, V-MODA uses some of both creativity, which is cool even if I'm not a fan of the electronic music broadcast through the V-MODA djmixer radio app.

:confused_face_2:

fyi, this is the M-100 thread....

Comparative headphones will be mentioned though, I seem to recall the impressions of several headphones leading up to the M-100 (and a few after that didn't stay) from you. I agree that this thread should mainly be focused on the M-100, because people that read the thread title will come here to read different perspectives on the original topic, but also I think the thread is more valuable and authentic by being democratic. I'm actually very impressed that there has been mostly high praise for the M-100, and very few people that try it and say they prefer a comparable headphone; that says a lot about the M-100 almost a year later after it was released.

I'm very excited about my arriving M-100. The LP was a pretty good compliment to my Q701, but the M-100 should be even better :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back