V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #15,331 of 23,366
Quote:
Yep! I live in Chicago, yea blue is a male color. But I was thinking of the white and blue combo. But after looking at it, it looks amazing! I am not sure if I should order now since Val promo of the XL pads being free when you order something over $20 bucks. 

If you're in any kind of a hurry for the shields, order them.  The XL pads have been talked about for some time and no release date is set yet.  Just a reality check.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #15,332 of 23,366
Quite a few of us have white on blue, including mine, then I switch to white on GOLD...

Like they've said: real men wear pink. :)

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #15,333 of 23,366
Yep! I live in Chicago, yea blue is a male color. But I was thinking of the white and blue combo. But after looking at it, it looks amazing! I am not sure if I should order now since Val promo of the XL pads being free when you order something over $20 bucks. 

Does a pair of M-100s count with that? Lol! Honestly, I'd rather listen now and take a money hit later rather than just keep waiting. Only got so much patience built-in, and I use that up fixing phones!

Red, white, and blue headphones for the 4th of July :wink:
You could probably draw sick designs on the Pearl White headphones with coloured Sharpie markers, if you were willing to spend some time being careful. People draw cool stuff on Converse shoes all the time.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #15,334 of 23,366
Quote:
Does a pair of M-100s count with that? Lol! Honestly, I'd rather listen now and take a money hit later rather than just keep waiting. Only got so much patience built-in, and I use that up fixing phones!

Red, white, and blue headphones for the 4th of July
wink.gif

You could probably draw sick designs on the Pearl White headphones with coloured Sharpie markers, if you were willing to spend some time being careful. People draw cool stuff on Converse shoes all the time.

haha yea! But I will just wait on the shields, I currently have the Gold Shields and I think the pearl white would look awesome with the gold shields. I kind of was bored with the matte black look, but the white looks like a classic, but I think SpiderNhan has a red and blue shields with his white M100's. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #15,335 of 23,366
Quote:
Quite a few of us have white on blue, including mine, then I switch to white on GOLD...

Yea coming from a matte black M100, I think blue looks awesome! But I only have my custom gold shields, and I but I think you showed us earlier the white and gold combo you were rockin, it looks amazing! I may stick with that! Do you get a lot of complements from people?

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #15,336 of 23,366
Quote:
haha yea! But I will just wait on the shields, I currently have the Gold Shields and I think the pearl white would look awesome with the gold shields. I kind of was bored with the matte black look, but the white looks like a classic, but I think SpiderNhan has a red and blue shields with his white M100's. 

I have switched back to the default shields. The colors were cool, but I got bored with them. You can see pics of them in my gallery.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #15,337 of 23,366
Quote:

You're so close to the truth it's painful, Dr. Sheep.  (Please stop hitting me.)

The thing to recall about gender assignations of color is that they're entirely arbitrary.  If the goal is not to be accosted in the street for wearing the wrong color to represent your social group (the gender version of wearing burgundy in the wrong part of L.A.), then blue is safer for males.  

But if the idea is to emphasize gender in any literal, scientific or historical way, then your tattooed-bicep'd blue or coquettish pink will only jilt you for something, uh, brighter in the long run.

Until the 1940s, pink and blue were either arbitrary assignations for gender or served as opposite gender signifiers from the ones applied today.

Here's my favorite article on the subject thus far.

A brown jacket with a pink shirt can prove a rather euphonious combination for the stylin' male foont.

Edit:  Strange to think I wrote about DAPs and arbitrary gendering on Head-fi eleven years ago.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #15,338 of 23,366
The thing to recall about gender assignations of color is that they're entirely arbitrary.  If the goal is not to be accosted in the street for wearing the wrong color to represent your social group (the gender version of wearing burgundy in the wrong part of L.A.), then blue is safer for males.

Yeah, I was alluding to how arbitrary colors can be, but I do think the "hope to avoid stares" was his goal.

I didn't know you were still reading this thread, good to see ya!

Foont. Lol.

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #15,339 of 23,366
holy s***... listening to Welcome to the Party by PARTYNEXTDOOR gave me a semi 
size]

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #15,340 of 23,366
Ah, I should search this thread to see what I'd decided I would listen to first when I got my headphones! I think it was Arcade Fire's "Neighborhood #1 (tunnels)" but I'm not sure. I'm curious how they will fare for gaming, but in any case I think they'll be a great compliment to my Q701's (home-use open backed slightly warmer than analytical monitors with famously large soundstage, versus closed fun/warm sounding portable headphones with edgy style).

What song do others want to hear first, or what song did you end up listening to with the M-100 first?

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #15,341 of 23,366
wth, these are sounding so fantastic right now through my home pc (haven't used them much here yet).  using a Creative X-Fi USB DAC/AMP and i'm surprised at how hard the bass is hitting, which is probably why i was kinda confused/underwhelmed bass-output wise on my ipod classic/cmoybb.  it probably muddies up the mid-range a bit but i'm loving it otherwise, as it was kinda what i was expecting going in with these headphones in the first place.  soundstage also seems much wider/more detailed in comparison to my portable setup.  it could just be because i'm listening at home where there's less noise and i can concentrate on detail.  still, if only there were a way to make this setup portable (don't have a laptop). :frowning2:

i guess this is my first real taste of "synergy" or something vis-a-vis headphones...

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #15,342 of 23,366
Ah, I should search this thread to see what I'd decided I would listen to first when I got my headphones! I think it was Arcade Fire's "Neighborhood #1 (tunnels)" but I'm not sure. I'm curious how they will fare for gaming, but in any case I think they'll be a great compliment to my Q701's (home-use open backed slightly warmer than analytical monitors with famously large soundstage, versus closed fun/warm sounding portable headphones with edgy style).

What song do others want to hear first, or what song did you end up listening to with the M-100 first?

she's music is pretty good with the M-100s. It doesn't have the airy presentation nor vocals that the K 701 has but it has good bass slam.

Let's see if I can do this properly on mobile Head-Fi...

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aKMaaIvaHB0[/video]

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8Fe4S1Wlbk[/video]

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lf73J0N8l1I[/video]

Oh sweet it worked! ^.^

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #15,343 of 23,366
Quote:

Anything by Rihanna sounds great on the M-100 as her music highlights two of the M-100's strengths- bass performance and female vocal presentation.

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #15,345 of 23,366
Quote:
I love the custom shield design featured on noblehifi m100 review. Do u guys have clue if I could download them from anywhere. Would love to put them on my next m100

There is a shield design trend here somewhere, and there are other designs posted here also.  But you are right and I would love to see a shield design database somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back