V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #14,671 of 23,366
Quote:
so are these supposed to creak so damn much when wearing them/turning your head?

i'm worried that it may have been due to me adjusting them fairly tightly on my large head, maybe more than i should have but it was more in the interest of just getting them to mold and fit more comfortably to my head.  m-80s had similar creaking issue/popping issue where arms hold onto the cups but it kind of went away on its own after a couple months of use.

Mine don't.  You could always wait a few months first, just to see if it goes away.  In the end, you could always call V-MODA.  They will probably just send you out a new pair.  

May 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #14,672 of 23,366
yeah initial fit i could only get them to click in about 3 steps or so but i kind of stretched/adjusted them down over my head until they were about 2 or 3 clicks away from being fully retracted, lol.  guess it was either me being stubborn about my gigantic head resisting them or wanting the headband to conform to my head so it didn't jut out.  seems odd that v-moda's headphones can't stand being manipulated like that.  i wasn't full on flexing them flat more than the ten time limit or anything.

still enjoying them but the random creak or pop as i shift my head slightly is a little irksome.

May 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #14,673 of 23,366
Quote:
yeah initial fit i could only get them to click in about 3 steps or so but i kind of stretched/adjusted them down over my head until they were about 2 or 3 clicks away from being fully retracted, lol.  guess it was either me being stubborn about my gigantic head resisting them or wanting the headband to conform to my head so it didn't jut out.  seems odd that v-moda's headphones can't stand being manipulated like that.  i wasn't full on flexing them flat more than the ten time limit or anything.

still enjoying them but the random creak or pop as i shift my head slightly is a little irksome.

Is the noise coming from the wingplate area, or the earcup-yoke interface? If it's the earcup-yoke interface, you can actually pop out the earcups and clean the plastic on the yokes. My pair squeaks sometimes too, but after cleaning the plastic, the noise goes away.

May 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #14,674 of 23,366
Quote:
Is the noise coming from the wingplate area, or the earcup-yoke interface? If it's the earcup-yoke interface, you can actually pop out the earcups and clean the plastic on the yokes. My pair squeaks sometimes too, but after cleaning the plastic, the noise goes away.

^this

May 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #14,676 of 23,366
Quote:
i'll try that, but seems odd as i've only had it for a few days now.

sounds like it's internal though (don't think it's the driver itself)

thanks for the responses though

My original M-100 came out of the box doing that. After the cleaning it stopped. Since then I have received a new unit that doesn't have the squeak at all.

May 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #14,678 of 23,366
Quote:
Is it normal for the m100 shell to start chipping? Would there warranty cover that? At the bottom where input is the band which is silver in the white model, there started chipping. Should I be concerned?

Just contact V-MODA. Their 6-star customer service will take it from there.

May 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #14,679 of 23,366
Heres my problem I ran into..

About a week after I got em I noticed the bass on the right side wasn't balanced to the left, and it didn't matter what side the cable was plugged in. I listen to mostly Hip hop, reggea and progressive, anything that sounds good, basically. Now the issue here lies mostly with the hip hop, and/or whenever there is a very low subb woofer frequency running through the headphones, the left side is always more powerful(rubbling) than the right. Now i have switched ears and it remains the same, always the left ear cup is more powerful than the right one. This wouldnt be a big deal, but really when it comes down to it and you can really notice the left side overpowering the right it gets a bit akward...it sounds like the left side bass is (upper left, and middle)whilethe right is like (lower right) only..get the picture? I can almost paint a picture of a diagonal line listening to the bass rumble, its so annoyoning.. so im returning these as soon as i can.. but i really like them..

So could it be possible that i got a defect one, or is this the way it sounds to everyone, let me now what you think... I may just ask for an exchange cause it could very well be a defective one.

If anyone has a chance and can maybe check this out for me.."Diamonds are Forever (Butch Clancy Remix)..you'll see what i mean..or maybe you wont!! If you don't then great, it means i just have a messed up pair. Listen for the wobble ..its mostly to the left of my headphones..

and please dont say it was recorded like that, all these record producers cant be panning the sub left on all their tracks!

Gunwalk by lil wayne ft gudda gudda..another example.. OH and if you have an amp use it.

May 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #14,680 of 23,366
Quote:
Heres my problem I ran into..

About a week after I got em I noticed the bass on the right side wasn't balanced to the left, and it didn't matter what side the cable was plugged in. I listen to mostly Hip hop, reggea and progressive, anything that sounds good, basically. Now the issue here lies mostly with the hip hop, and/or whenever there is a very low subb woofer frequency running through the headphones, the left side is always more powerful(rubbling) than the right. Now i have switched ears and it remains the same, always the left ear cup is more powerful than the right one. This wouldnt be a big deal, but really when it comes down to it and you can really notice the left side overpowering the right it gets a bit akward...it sounds like the left side bass is (upper left, and middle)whilethe right is like (lower right) only..get the picture? I can almost paint a picture of a diagonal line listening to the bass rumble, its so annoyoning.. so im returning these as soon as i can.. but i really like them..

So could it be possible that i got a defect one, or is this the way it sounds to everyone, let me now what you think... I may just ask for an exchange cause it could very well be a defective one.

If anyone has a chance and can maybe check this out for me.."Diamonds are Forever (Butch Clancy Remix)..you'll see what i mean..or maybe you wont!! If you don't then great, it means i just have a messed up pair. Listen for the wobble ..its mostly to the left of my headphones..

and please dont say it was recorded like that, all these record producers cant be panning the sub left on all their tracks!

Gunwalk by lil wayne ft gudda gudda..another example.. OH and if you have an amp use it.

Probably just a defect.  Try another pair of headphones with the same source.  If the issue goes away, you know it is a defective pair.  After that, just call V-MODA and prepare to have the issue resolved.  

May 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #14,682 of 23,366
Some people have one ear that is better than the other. My right ear hears verrrry slightly les detail than my left one does. (From standing next to onstage monitors while filming bands and countless live events my left ear is usually uncovered because its very hard to hold a video camera with a double cup headset since the camera sits on the left shoulder :frowning2: . But the imbalance that you describe on butch Clancys diamonds are foreve(awesome song!)r, is somthing I don't hear so I think you might have a defective pair.

May 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #14,683 of 23,366
I noticed that the m80 is more intimate that the m100, I am really enjoying the m80 more than the m100. I also have the illusion that the m80 has more bass, it is a lean bass which doesn't drown over the mids or highs. But it still provides the impact and satisfying punch. 

May 25, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #14,684 of 23,366
im quite the opposite; been entranced by the m-100's lavish spaciousness and somewhat upjumped detail reproduction. the recessed mids aren't as glaring as they were, but it's probably my ears adjusting to them.

i'll try what you suggested spidernhan; any advice on what to use to clean? just rub w/ a microfiber cloth? alcohol or some other solution? qtips? thanks.

May 25, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #14,685 of 23,366
Quote:
im quite the opposite; been entranced by the m-100's lavish spaciousness and somewhat upjumped detail reproduction. the recessed mids aren't as glaring as they were, but it's probably my ears adjusting to them.

i'll try what you suggested spidernhan; any advice on what to use to clean? just rub w/ a microfiber cloth? alcohol or some other solution? qtips? thanks.

I just use water and a paper towel on the pleather and a microfiber cloth on the earcups/shields. I wouldn't recommend chemicals or cleaning solutions, but shoe cleaner might work. Val suggests soap and water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back