V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #14,656 of 23,366
I'm curious, are these the kind of headphones that are only good with bass heavy genres of music? I listen to a lot of light and airy shoegaze music, and I also listen to extreme death metal, black metal, thrash metal, doom metal. I don't know if these would have a great sound signature, except the build quality appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

May 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #14,657 of 23,366
I'm curious, are these the kind of headphones that are only good with bass heavy genres of music? I listen to a lot of light and airy shoegaze music, and I also listen to extreme death metal, black metal, thrash metal, doom metal. I don't know if these would have a great sound signature, except the build quality appears to be exactly what I'm looking for.

They are definitely more versatile than just "only good for bass heavy music." What kind of headphones do you currently use? It will help give a reference point for what kind of sound you prefer.

May 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #14,658 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm not sure anyone can honestly comment without guessing on what these are going to be good at....................since no one yet has seen or heard them. 

There is hope tho...............someone is buying a pair!

May 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #14,659 of 23,366
I'm not sure anyone can honestly comment without guessing on what these are going to be good at....................since no one yet has seen or heard them. 

There is hope tho...............someone is buying a pair!

Um... I've had my M-100 since September 2012 along with 150 or so other members of this forum and they've been officially released since December. I can tell you how they sound like and I, along with several others, have made reviews and video reviews of them.

May 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #14,660 of 23,366
I have a Headstage Arrow 4G on the way. I'll give some impressions when it gets here, which should be Friday or Saturday. If it arrives Saturday, I'll probably post impressions in a week if I can. Granted I haven't listened to my M-100s in a bit due to listening to my new IEMs non-stop for review purposes. But my M-100s are right now my home set so that should be easy enough to do.

May 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #14,661 of 23,366
Um... I've had my M-100 since September 2012 along with 150 or so other members of this forum and they've been officially released since December. I can tell you how they sound like and I, along with several others, have made reviews and video reviews of them.

I'm such an airhead.......I thought I was replying to the JVC thread........my bad. Not only do I know the M-100 has been out a while, I have a pair due on Tuesday. Now where's that embarrassed emoticon.......

May 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #14,662 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm such an airhead.......I thought I was replying to the JVC thread........my bad. Not only do I know the M-100 has been out a while, I have a pair due on Tuesday. Now where's that embarrassed emoticon.......

redface.gif

May 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #14,664 of 23,366
Quote:
idk if its me but the momentums are more comfortable than the m100s

So long as your ears fit in the pads of the Momentums, yes, they are definitely more comfortable than the M-100s

May 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #14,665 of 23,366
idk if its me but the momentums are more comfortable than the m100s

So long as your ears fit in the pads of the Momentums, yes, they are definitely more comfortable than the M-100s

I really like the momentums sound. Just a little too much head clamp and its hard to adjust the cups to the same length, but yes they have more room than the m100./ I feel like the locking mechanism will wear out eventually. The cable is meh also.
Ill go to b/h and do a side by side comparison of ear cup depth and width m100 w/softee mod vs.
Momentum.

May 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #14,668 of 23,366
Quote:
I thought I was replying to the JVC thread... Not only do I know the M-100 has been out a while, I have a pair due on Tuesday. Now where's that embarrassed emoticon...

That was funny. I thought you were going sarcastic on him first, then this happened...

And man, I really hope I get mine soon. They're inbound with a friend, so I don't know when they're arriving because his flight dates aren't nailed down yet. The wait and the unknown arrival date are killing me. I suppose one upside is that I get to see the mods starting to come out and different colour combinations sprouting up. It gives me some ideas of what to do to my own, if and when they arrive~

May 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #14,670 of 23,366
so are these supposed to creak so damn much when wearing them/turning your head?

i'm worried that it may have been due to me adjusting them fairly tightly on my large head, maybe more than i should have but it was more in the interest of just getting them to mold and fit more comfortably to my head.  m-80s had similar creaking issue/popping issue where arms hold onto the cups but it kind of went away on its own after a couple months of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back