V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 25, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #14,686 of 23,366
Is there any word on when the larger ear cushions will be available? I'm looking forward to purchasing them as soon as possible.

May 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #14,687 of 23,366
im pleased to announce that i no longer have any comfort issues with the m-100! thought id share what i did in case it helps anyone.
easiest thing ever: i did the softie mod, but still got pain in a few areas of my ear, the ones that protruded most. so what i did was stuff a cigarette filter, the slim type one uses when he rolls his own cigarettes like me, ontop of the cable i used for the softie mod, making those areas only slightly higher. ive been wearing the m-100s for about an hour and a half straight and so far so good =]

May 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #14,688 of 23,366
im pleased to announce that i no longer have any comfort issues with the m-100! thought id share what i did in case it helps anyone.
easiest thing ever: i did the softie mod, but still got pain in a few areas of my ear, the ones that protruded most. so what i did was stuff a cigarette filter, the slim type one uses when he rolls his own cigarettes like me, ontop of the cable i used for the softie mod, making those areas only slightly higher. ive been wearing the m-100s for about an hour and a half straight and so far so good =]

Nice! Seems similar to the padding stuff mod suggested early after release by Miceblue and others, but good to see it work for another person!
I want to get one of these, have for a while, but my next audio spending will probably be to an audiologist... I have this problem where once or twice a year, my right ear will fill with wax till it's sealed, and no amount of tilting my head in the shower or shallow cleaning will get it out. It's surprising because my hearing is in pretty good condition for my age, I've never submitted myself to loud noises for extended periods of time and I test well at physician check-ups, but it's clogged right now and it really bugs me. Like having your ear waterlogged after swimming in a pool for a long time... Annoying!

May 26, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #14,689 of 23,366
Quote:
They are definitely more versatile than just "only good for bass heavy music." What kind of headphones do you currently use? It will help give a reference point for what kind of sound you prefer.

I can confirm this.

PS.: Although I was not very happy with my purchase at the beginning, it seems the M-100 sound better and better everyday to my ears. The more the time goes, the bigger the soundstage seems, the better controlled the bass seems, etc. Love them :)

May 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #14,690 of 23,366
Hey guys, I actually hurt two orange cables from v-moda. They are in fact so inflexible that after a certain time they start making wheels and then the top layer begins to break. Not problem in case of black ones that comes in box, but they are lot longer. Do you know if v-moda sells some cabes who would be as long as the original orange but were as flexible as black ones. Thanks.

May 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #14,691 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys, I actually hurt two orange cables from v-moda. They are in fact so inflexible that after a certain time they start making wheels and then the top layer begins to break. Not problem in case of black ones that comes in box, but they are lot longer. Do you know if v-moda sells some cabes who would be as long as the original orange but were as flexible as black ones. Thanks.

Go for the straight cable instead.  I have the red/black one and it is a bit softer.

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

May 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #14,692 of 23,366
Quote:

Go for the straight cable instead.  I have the red/black one and it is a bit softer.

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

The straight cable is still longer than the orange SpeakEasy cable (I don't remember how its length compares to the SharePlay ones, though). To answer Radament's full question, V-MODA does not sell something with the flexibility of the SharePlay cable that is only as long as the SpeakEasy cable.

May 27, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #14,693 of 23,366
So my V-MODA M-100's right ear stopped working today. If I tap it, music will play for a split second, but then cuts back out. I have tried it with 3 different sources, all the same. I will try it at home this afternoon with the second (black) cable as a final test, but I'm not optimistic. 

In fact, I'm actually really disappointed that they only lasted about 6 months. I always put mine back in the case, and don't do any crazy activities with them (I use them for work in IT and travel). Up until this point I thought that the build quality of M-100's was really good, but I'm wondering now if I should be re-evaluating that opinion.

I should note that up until this I have been extremely happy with my M-100's. Hopefully V-MODA's customer support is a good as its 6 stars claim...

May 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #14,694 of 23,366
Quote:
So my V-MODA M-100's right ear stopped working today. If I tap it, music will play for a split second, but then cuts back out. I have tried it with 3 different sources, all the same. I will try it at home this afternoon with the second (black) cable as a final test, but I'm not optimistic. 

In fact, I'm actually really disappointed that they only lasted about 6 months. I always put mine back in the case, and don't do any crazy activities with them (I use them for work in IT and travel). Up until this point I thought that the build quality of M-100's was really good, but I'm wondering now if I should be re-evaluating that opinion.

I should note that up until this I have been extremely happy with my M-100's. Hopefully V-MODA's customer support is a good as its 6 stars claim...

It is. Email them. Since it's a holiday weekend, you should have a new pair by the end of the week.

May 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #14,695 of 23,366
Quote:

Just make sure your cable is completely clicked into the M-100.  I am not saying anything but you have no idea how many people here thinks their M-100 was broken, only to found out that the cable wasn't clicked in place.

May 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #14,696 of 23,366
Quote:
It is. Email them. Since it's a holiday weekend, you should have a new pair by the end of the week.

That reminds me: I sent my M-100s in for replacement two weeks ago (USPS tracking lists them as having arrived on the 16th), and haven't heard a peep out of V-MODA since. I honestly haven't found their "Six-Star" customer support response time all that noteworthy lately. Guess it's time to send them another email...

May 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #14,697 of 23,366
Quote:
That reminds me: I sent my M-100s in for replacement two weeks ago (USPS tracking lists them as having arrived on the 16th), and haven't heard a peep out of V-MODA since. I honestly haven't found their "Six-Star" customer support response time all that noteworthy lately. Guess it's time to send them another email...

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with them. My experience with V-MODA has been phenomenal. Within two days of getting my RMA number I received a brand-new unit in the mail with instructions to mail my defective(cracked wingplate) unit back to them. So not only did I not have to part with having the M-100, but I had two for a short time. I A-B'ed them for a few hours, couldn't hear a difference and shipped back my old pair the next day using the included UPS shipment label.

I also had the button on my one-button V-80 cable(old cable, not speakeasy) crap out and I had a new one mailed to me within 3 days of them receiving the defective one.

May 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #14,698 of 23,366
Quote:
Nice! Seems similar to the padding stuff mod suggested early after release by Miceblue and others, but good to see it work for another person!
I want to get one of these, have for a while, but my next audio spending will probably be to an audiologist... I have this problem where once or twice a year, my right ear will fill with wax till it's sealed, and no amount of tilting my head in the shower or shallow cleaning will get it out. It's surprising because my hearing is in pretty good condition for my age, I've never submitted myself to loud noises for extended periods of time and I test well at physician check-ups, but it's clogged right now and it really bugs me. Like having your ear waterlogged after swimming in a pool for a long time... Annoying!

its the same mod, all i did was just add cigarette filters to certain areas. anyway, shouldnt you see a doctor about this earwax thing? sounds nasty...

May 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #14,700 of 23,366
Quote:

So received an automated email from them when I filled out the warranty form. They want me to send the headphones back in via shipping service, and have it insured. Sending it from Australia will cost me at least $70. If I send them, all up I will have paid $420 for a pair of headphones that had to be replaced 7 months in... 

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back