V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #14,191 of 23,366
Mine is coming within next two days. From what my friends told me about their impressions...i am guessing this m100 is not that suitable for vocal jazz kinda songs which reguired better clarity and accuracy. But this m100 has a very good bass and enough detail to perform other genres. Can't wait to try them my self. I would expect is a good for all rounder.

They may surprise you in a good way with jazz vocals as well.
i find that the vocals in some jazz can sound quite milky and smooth. its quite nice actually

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #14,192 of 23,366
Quote:
i find that the vocals in some jazz can sound quite milky and smooth. its quite nice actually

wow...i am happy to even hear this. Looks like i made a right choice here 
size]

I placed my order along with Momentum black. I will make comparison soon i received them both.
oh boy...i wish they were here now !!  
size]

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #14,193 of 23,366
Quote:

Yeah it all depends. The M-100s can be finicky with vocals. The midrange isn't so much recessed as pulled back a bit by the bass and the highs. Which makes an interesting sort U shaped curve (with a 10k spike), and then some attenuating highs. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #14,194 of 23,366

wow...i am happy to even hear this. Looks like i made a right choice here 
size]

I placed my order along with Momentum black. I will make comparison soon i received them both.
oh boy...i wish they were here now !!  
size]

Yeah it all depends. The M-100s can be finicky with vocals. The midrange isn't so much recessed as pulled back a bit by the bass and the highs. Which makes an interesting sort U shaped curve (with a 10k spike), and then some attenuating highs. 

i use the softee mod on bolth my LP2 and theM100 and i have yet to see someone do it right. it takes about a month for the mod to have its full effect as the springy wire stretches out the pads. on my m100 they are not stretched out yet but like my LP2 the bass gets pulled back just enough to have roaring mids for the bolth of them. i like the mod so much that i will be doing this to the XL pads when they come out.
just look at the ear room here! about a quarter sized amount of depth

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #14,195 of 23,366
Quote:
i use the softee mod on bolth my LP2 and theM100 and i have yet to see someone do it right. it takes about a month for the mod to have its full effect as the springy wire stretches out the pads. on my m100 they are not stretched out yet but like my LP2 the bass gets pulled back just enough to have roaring mids for the bolth of them. i like the mod so much that i will be doing this to the XL pads when they come out.
just look at the ear room here! about a quarter sized amount of depth

You have destroyed the pads dude!!! 
size]
         Just kidding.

You must have spent a lot of nights "introducing bottles" in those pads... I'll keep trying. 
size]

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #14,198 of 23,366
I must admit I am one of the people who regrets buying M100, I bought it based on the stellar reviews here and especially on Amazon. M100 doesn't even compare to my Senn Amperior,  and I thought my Amperior was muddy, lacking the clarity and seperation, until I heard the M100. I have burned in the M100 for more than 100 hours and the sound doesn't change much, at least for mine. Now I only use M100 to watch DVD and play games. Sorry for the rant.

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #14,200 of 23,366
Quote:
Mine is coming within next two days. From what my friends told me about their impressions...i am guessing this m100 is not that suitable for vocal jazz kinda songs which reguired better clarity and accuracy. But this m100 has a very good bass and enough detail to perform other genres. Can't wait to try them my self. I would expect is a good for all rounder.

Don't worry for jazz. They sound great. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #14,201 of 23,366
Quote:
I must admit I am one of the people who regrets buying M100, I bought it based on the stellar reviews here and especially on Amazon. M100 doesn't even compare to my Senn Amperior,  and I thought my Amperior was muddy, lacking the clarity and seperation, until I heard the M100. I have burned in the M100 for more than 100 hours and the sound doesn't change much, at least for mine. Now I only use M100 to watch DVD and play games. Sorry for the rant.

Whenever a new product comes out, I find it's important to pay close attention to the more critical impressions.
Not to say the people raving about a product should be dismissed; but I find enthusiasm affects judgment.

That said, my enthusment for the V-80's continue 
happy_face1.gif

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #14,202 of 23,366

Maybe you're more of a treble head?

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #14,205 of 23,366
Quote:
70% discount? Wow...! Very nice price.

That is the employee promotion discount. Even if you don't like them, at that price, it is hard to resist. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back