V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #14,131 of 23,366
+1
and i would rather vmoda get it right the first time and take longer for them to release a product than rushing to make deadlines or compensate for "our" impatience.

They did get it right the first time, as the pads are fine for most of us here except a handful. Nothing wrong with you all wanting the XL pads as I could use a pair myself. However, don't stop getting the M-100 because of it as you can use the softee mod mentioned above.

correction *i would rather them get the XL pads right the first time. and i discovered the softee mod

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #14,132 of 23,366
+1
and i would rather vmoda get it right the first time and take longer for them to release a product than rushing to make deadlines or compensate for "our" impatience.

They did get it right the first time, as the pads are fine for most of us here except a handful. Nothing wrong with you all wanting the XL pads as I could use a pair myself. However, don't stop getting the M-100 because of it as you can use the softee mod mentioned above.

correction- i would rather them perfect the XL pads the first time... and i was the one who discovered the sofftee mod

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #14,133 of 23,366
Hey Guys, finally I got a chance to take some pics of my M100. Got a new camera, so I guess I will take some quick pics with this.

Hopefully the pics can really show the matte black's true details :) Also in the pic with the headband, you could really see the logo and pleather material.

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #14,134 of 23,366
Quote:
i would do the softee mod maby 50 or so pages back. you would get 2x the ear room.

Quote:
you can use the softee mod mentioned above.

whats this softee mod??? i only joined this thread recently and im struggling with aching ears all day long

Quote:
Hey Guys, finally I got a chance to take some pics of my M100. Got a new camera, so I guess I will take some quick pics with this.

Hopefully the pics can really show the matte black's true details :) Also in the pic with the headband, you could really see the logo and leather material.

looking good mate! looking very good!

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #14,135 of 23,366
Quote:

Hopefully the pics can really show the matte black's true details :) Also in the pic with the headband, you could really see the logo and leather material.

I guess this would be an appropriate time to compare the black pleather material to the white pleather material.

Sorry for the incandescent lighting above me; it makes the material look yellower than it actually is.

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #14,136 of 23,366
i would do the softee mod maby 50 or so pages back. you would get 2x the ear room.

you can use the softee mod mentioned above.

whats this softee mod??? i only joined this thread recently and im struggling with aching ears all day long

look up garfield headphone softee on the b&h website or use the headfi search engine

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #14,137 of 23,366
Quote:
I guess this would be an appropriate time to compare the black pleather material to the white pleather material.

Sorry for the incandescent lighting above me; it makes the material look yellower than it actually is.

It is probably because of the lighting in the room, I have white leather couches that do the same. Anyway both m100s looking good :D. V-MODA sexiness FTW!

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #14,138 of 23,366
Quote:

Thanks :D, I was trying to get the right angles and show of the sleek details of the matte black. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #14,139 of 23,366
Quote:
look up garfield headphone softee on the b&h website or use the headfi search engine

right you are! you sir, have put me in my place. i confess, when i heard (read) that theres a mod that gives you twice the depth of the standard pads i got excited and instinctively wrote a response 
tongue_smile.gif
the paper towel mod is better than nothing, but still not great. i hope these softee pads + some wire will do the trick. im in pain >_<

just ordered a pair from ebay (b&h wants 50+ dollars to send to my country), thanks

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #14,141 of 23,366
Hello everyone, I purchased my first set of full size headphones and opted for the m-100. My previous experience consists of only iem's such as the Shure SE215 LE and Klipsch x10. Anyways I got these and immediately noticed that something seemed ever so slightly off. It seems as if the left ear is responding clearer, or louder, or something, I can't put my finger on it and its driving me mad, I even thought something may be wrong with my hearing until I put them on backwords and the problem persists on the opposite ear. It is very feint and difficult to hear at times but it is there. My question is, is it the soundstage that is making it this way and is it normal? Or are the drivers messed up. Also has anyone dealt with V-Moda's warranty claim process before? Is it fast?

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #14,142 of 23,366
Hello everyone, I purchased my first set of full size headphones and opted for the m-100. My previous experience consists of only iem's such as the Shure SE215 LE and Klipsch x10. Anyways I got these and immediately noticed that something seemed ever so slightly off. It seems as if the left ear is responding clearer, or louder, or something, I can't put my finger on it and its driving me mad, I even thought something may be wrong with my hearing until I put them on backwords and the problem persists on the opposite ear. It is very feint and difficult to hear at times but it is there. My question is, is it the soundstage that is making it this way and is it normal? Or are the drivers messed up. Also has anyone dealt with V-Moda's warranty claim process before? Is it fast?

Their service is great. You should definitely give them a call. Since you just got them though, it may be a little easier to just do an exchange with the retailer you bought them from.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #14,143 of 23,366
Just contact them with your problem. I had an issue with mine and they sent me a brand-new pair in 2 days with a return shipping label for the one I already had. Yes, I had 2 M-100s for a short time. I did a burn-in/no burn-in comparison and couldn't tell a difference and sent my damaged pair back the following day. Their customer service is top-notch.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #14,144 of 23,366
Quote:
Just contact them with your problem. I had an issue with mine and they sent me a brand-new pair in 2 days with a return shipping label for the one I already had. Yes, I had 2 M-100s for a short time. I did a burn-in/no burn-in comparison and couldn't tell a difference and sent my damaged pair back the following day. Their customer service is top-notch.

wtg they never offered to do a return shipping for mine WE@$@%!@%@!@^

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #14,145 of 23,366
Quote:
wtg they never offered to do a return shipping for mine WE@$@%!@%@!@^

Well your was a return :D, not a service repair. Also Tealrice, how do like my m100's gold and matte black combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back