V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #14,102 of 23,366
Quote:
I heard the c5 is crystal clear with no distortion or hiss. I have a fiio e17 and I'm really considering droppin the buck ninety to get the c5.

That's impossible to have in electronics, but yes it's low. There is hiss on the highest volume levels, but you would become deaf if you played music that loud. XD

If the E12 is a better amp than the E17, which is a better amp than the E7, then yes I would say the C5 is a good upgrade.

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #14,104 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm looking for a backup amp since my Vamp and Verza are presently out of commission.  Between the C5 and E12, which does a better job bringing out the low end of the M-100 with/without bass boost?

Quote:
Why are they out of commission? I know your volume knob broke off on the VAMP, but what happened with your VERZA?

Quote:
Today randomly Verza connects but there is no output out of the headphone jack and sound comes out of my Iphone 4 speaker as if it wasn't connected.  I already emailed V-Moda, but they are West coast, so I probably won't hear anything until later today.

Hopefully V-Moda can talk me through a fix, but I tried charging, removing cables, turning on and off, moving levers, etc., no change.

Quote:
Hmmm... Strange. And there was also that iOS 6 debacle with the original VAMP. I'm starting to lose faith in the product line.

Quote:
Maybe V-Moda should look into partnering with a different manufacturer of amps. 

Quote:
Or just make their own from scratch.

False alarm regarding Verza, it is fine.  I tried my son's Iphone and it worked with Verza, so I rebooted my Iphone and everything is back to normal.  Just want to set the record straight there is no issue with Verza.  I really missed the sonic improvement with Verza vs Iphone, so just happy I didn't ship back to V-Moda.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #14,105 of 23,366

Wild M-100 appeared in Macy's at Tysons Corner Center!

V-MODA fanboy select ultra ball full of cash.

Capture failed! Wild M-100 escaped...

V-MODA fanboy is depressed.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #14,106 of 23,366
Quote:
i am starting to realize that someone will say "the mids are a bit recessed" about EVERY headphone/earphone.

not the sony mdr-1r =P

i think it's because a lot of headphones nowadays have some sort of bass boost or v-shaped sound signature. seems to be what consumers what :)

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #14,107 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
i am starting to realize that someone will say "the mids are a bit recessed" about EVERY headphone/earphone.

not the sony mdr-1r =P

i think it's because a lot of headphones nowadays have some sort of bass boost or v-shaped sound signature. seems to be what consumers what :)

This. I'll be going to a local Microsoft Store later today, and there's a Sony Store nearby. This time I'll try the MDR-1R with the C5 instead of the E12 and see how it compares to the M-100 again; perhaps I'll try the green-tooth model or the active noise cancelling version to see how different they sound too.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #14,108 of 23,366
Quote:

I was at Tysons Corner Center on Sunday to try out the MDR-1R for a test listen at the Sony Store!  Saw the M-100's at the Microsoft store.  Welcome to the area!  (although i only go to Tysons about 2 times a year.  can't stand the traffic debacle over there.)

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #14,109 of 23,366
Thanks, and this reminds me that I need to change my location in my profile. 

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #14,110 of 23,366
Quote:

Mostly bassy headphones like this one...
Try Shure 1840/940, Sennheiser HD600s/598s, Sony MDR-1R, older studio headphones, Mad Dogs/Paradox/Stock T50RPs, etc. etc. etc. are mostly mid-centric. If you don't look for them, you wont find them...

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #14,111 of 23,366

Mostly bassy headphones like this one...
Try Shure 1840/940, Sennheiser HD600s/598s, Sony MDR-1R, older studio headphones, Mad Dogs/Paradox/Stock T50RPs, etc. etc. etc. are mostly mid-centric. If you don't look for them, you wont find them...

I've heard the 1840 isn't worth the price, but yes, the 940 is my favourite portable headphone of choice for rock/acoustic/female vocal.

I'm at a Microsoft Store right now getting some Windows-ade and one of the employees gave me a compliment on my M-100's and the custom design. XD

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #14,112 of 23,366
So, I never usually post on these forums... I'm more or less just lurking them every day but never contributing.  However, I felt this was necessary to add.  Like I said earlier, I returned my white silver M-100's for matte black m-100's.  Surprisingly enough, I've noticed some HUGE changes and I felt they were worth noting.  First off, may I just say switching to the matte black M-100's was the best decision I've made so far... these things are way nicer than the white silver (in my opinion)... and this is coming from someone who likes white EVERYTHING.  But moving on...

I was desperately needing the XL pads when I had the white silver pair.  I couldn't wear them for more than 20-30 minutes without extreme discomfort.  However, for some reason, these matte black m-100's seem to be vastly improved in the comfort department?!  I noticed that the headband has two lumps of extra cushioning to the left and right sides of the direct center of the headband (kind of near where your head starts to slope downwards) and my white silver M-100's never had these before.  Furthermore, I never even had to stretch out these matte black m-100's to reduce clamping pressure.  I stretched my white silver ones several times and while it did significantly reduce clamping pressure, there was still discomfort.  With these matte black m-100's, I've never stretched them once and out of the box they were much looser and far more comfortable.  Also, I feel like I don't even NEED the XL pads anymore.  I have big ears, and I probably will still get the XL pads, but I most certainly do not need them.  I've been wearing the M-100's since I got them in the mail about 5 hours ago and they've yet to come off my head for more than 5 seconds... I truly have little to no discomfort now.  Strangest thing ever, I don't know why I'm noticing all these changes but they are more than prominent so I felt I needed to finally contribute to this thread instead of just reading it all the time!  Let me know if anyone has experience anything similar...

- Matt

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #14,113 of 23,366
So, I never usually post on these forums... I'm more or less just lurking them every day but never contributing.  However, I felt this was necessary to add.  Like I said earlier, I returned my white silver M-100's for matte black m-100's.  Surprisingly enough, I've noticed some HUGE changes and I felt they were worth noting.  First off, may I just say switching to the matte black M-100's was the best decision I've made so far... these things are way nicer than the white silver (in my opinion)... and this is coming from someone who likes white EVERYTHING.  But moving on...

I was desperately needing the XL pads when I had the white silver pair.  I couldn't wear them for more than 20-30 minutes without extreme discomfort.  However, for some reason, these matte black m-100's seem to be vastly improved in the comfort department?!  I noticed that the headband has two lumps of extra cushioning to the left and right sides of the direct center of the headband (kind of near where your head starts to slope downwards) and my white silver M-100's never had these before.  Furthermore, I never even had to stretch out these matte black m-100's to reduce clamping pressure.  I stretched my white silver ones several times and while it did significantly reduce clamping pressure, there was still discomfort.  With these matte black m-100's, I've never stretched them once and out of the box they were much looser and far more comfortable.  Also, I feel like I don't even NEED the XL pads anymore.  I have big ears, and I probably will still get the XL pads, but I most certainly do not need them.  I've been wearing the M-100's since I got them in the mail about 5 hours ago and they've yet to come off my head for more than 5 seconds... I truly have little to no discomfort now.  Strangest thing ever, I don't know why I'm noticing all these changes but they are more than prominent so I felt I needed to finally contribute to this thread instead of just reading it all the time!  Let me know if anyone has experience anything similar...

- Matt

I'm still in the Microsoft Store and they have the matte black model (I have white silver with me). The matte black earpads are definitely stiffer than that of the white silver, much like the LP/LP2 pads I have at home.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #14,114 of 23,366
I was at Tysons Corner Center on Sunday to try out the MDR-1R for a test listen at the Sony Store!  Saw the M-100's at the Microsoft store.  Welcome to the area!  (although i only go to Tysons about 2 times a year.  can't stand the traffic debacle over there.)

Black suede M100 with white detail/stitching? Me gusta.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #14,115 of 23,366

Black suede M100 with white stitching? Me gusta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back