V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #14,071 of 23,366
I get it that bass shy isn't a bad thing, I agree it is all subjective to the user. Thanks for your insight :)

I still don't get this, if I go to a gig or concert, classical included I hear deep extended bass. In fact at every rock/pop/metal gig it's the dominant part of the sound. This is also what I want from a headphone, if you like a live sound. To me a good studio recording also captures this frequency spectrum and so should a good headphone, no?

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #14,072 of 23,366
Quote:
Guys...when you fold up your M-100's, is one cup higher than the other? Because when I fold mine up, they aren't exactly lined up. I hope it's just the headband still being tight from being packaged...

hey, that's pretty normal. i wldn't worry about it. happened w/ all the m100s i've played with.

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #14,073 of 23,366
Quote:
I still don't get this, if I go to a gig or concert, classical included I hear deep extended bass. In fact at every rock/pop/metal gig it's the dominant part of the sound. This is also what I want from a headphone, if you like a live sound. To me a good studio recording also captures this frequency spectrum and so should a good headphone, no?

should?? i dont know about that... but hey, just get a pair of headphones with massive bass, whats the problem here?

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #14,075 of 23,366
Quote:
so this guy msged me and sent me a video that will obviously offend me about taylor swift so i just blocked him, only been about a month on this site and i already have to block some1 D; (off topic btw :p)

This, in 3 days:

And since I find that song to be really annoying, time to listen to some cleansing music:

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #14,077 of 23,366
So I decided to go down to the Sony Store to checkout the MDR-1R since they've slashed the price by $100.  And boy are those puppies light!  It feels like it's made from nothing and you hardly notice them when you put them on your head.  They are without a doubt, the most comfortable HP's ever made.  I'm just not sure about their durability.

Sound wise it was a pretty decent HP.  Everything was very clear but it just lacked a certain depth when I compared them with the M-100's.

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #14,078 of 23,366
Quote:
So I decided to go down to the Sony Store to checkout the MDR-1R since they've slashed the price by $100.  And boy are those puppies light!  It feels like it's made from nothing and you hardly notice them when you put them on your head.  They are without a doubt, the most comfortable HP's ever made.  I'm just not sure about their durability.

Sound wise it was a pretty decent HP.  Everything was very clear but it just lacked a certain depth when I compared them with the M-100's.

+9001 to this.

The sound felt kind of congested to me.

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #14,079 of 23,366
Quote:

I'll have to see if I can find a pair of those to listen to.  To be honest though, I kind of like a little bit of weight in my headphones.   

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #14,080 of 23,366
The sound felt kind of congested to me.
[/quote]

I wish I spent more time listening to them. I played some quick snippets of Flo Rida, Jason Mraz, ELT and Studio Ghibli soundtracks.

Definitely would have bought them if they were less than $200. Right now they seem to be at $200. What to do? : P

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #14,081 of 23,366
Quote:

EACTLY THE REASON WHY I GOT THIS HEADPHONE. I thing I do not like about neutral headphones is that they put the drummer in the back and is not prominent for me. When I play live performances with the M100 I get this warm full feeling just I would get if I ACTUALLY when to the concert. This is true +1000000!

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #14,083 of 23,366
Quote:
EACTLY THE REASON WHY I GOT THIS HEADPHONE. I thing I do not like about neutral headphones is that they put the drummer in the back and is not prominent for me. When I play live performances with the M100 I get this warm full feeling just I would get if I ACTUALLY when to the concert. This is true +1000000!

Honestly the Yamaha Pro500, to my ears, is more natural than the M100s. However, I hate how they look and how they feel on my head. They are weird. And not nearly as portable as the M100s. 

But I agree, I like natural sounding headphones. I'm looking for a good balanced set for reference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back