V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #13,967 of 23,366
Quote:
Yesss, come join us people with non-DIY-looking headphones with natural-looking brushed metal, non-painted-looking plastic, and a bright appearance for a bright future! :D

Also,

Come on man, The m100 looks sexy and natural looking too! Either way Val made some awesome sounding and sexy headphones. Maybe one day I would get the white too. Let's not start a civil war. :)

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #13,970 of 23,366
Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for the xl pads as well. These are only slightly uncomfortable, but tolerable. V-moda said they will be getting more shield colors by the end of spring. Definitely going with the royal blue and maybe some purples. Wonder why they don't sell the ocean blue by themselves?  Already ordered a black ao cable for the mattes. And in the pictures the whites actually look white, in person, not so much. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #13,972 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for the xl pads as well. These are only slightly uncomfortable, but tolerable. V-moda said they will be getting more shield colors by the end of spring. Definitely going with the royal blue and maybe some purples. Wonder why they don't sell the ocean blue by themselves?  Already ordered a black ao cable for the mattes. And in the pictures the whites actually look white, in person, not so much. 

The reason why they do not sell it by themselves it that they ran out the wing plates for it. Black cables are a good idea, the orange kind of sticks out. Don't worry about comfort.

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #13,973 of 23,366
Okay, third post similar to this.

I posted my impressions in the FiiO E12 thread, but I definitely think the C5 is worth the price difference.

Comparisons to C5:
In short, I'd say the C5 is worth the price difference between the E12 ($60 USD).
  1. More pocket-friendly interface
  2. More portable form-factor
  3. More space for jacks on the front-plate
  4. Easier-to-use volume controls
  5. Deeper, larger "theater" bass boost [perhaps pre-mass-release E12 would have been like this]
  6. Larger soundstage with better instrument separation
  7. Closer in sound to my reference amp, Objective 2
  8. Clearer midrange
  9. More detail in the treble
  10. More fatiguing during long listening sessions
  11. No channel imbalance
  12. No noise on high-gain mode

In terms of sound synergy, if that's your thing, the brighter C5 pairs better than with the warmer E12. Differences aside, both are good amps for the price and I definitely think the E12 is worth the price over the E7 if you're looking for an amplifier.

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #13,974 of 23,366
Got mine yesterday, i must say they are a well built.
My home phones are HD650 and i think the M-100 are a good pair to use on the go.

They lack a little bit in the mids but not as much as some may say.
I Mainly listen to Rap/Hip-Hop and i can't say i miss much, but when i put on some Bon Iver or Mumford and Sons i miss a little warmth.
But for a portable headphone i must say it's a catch, and well produced clean hiphop records has never sounded better, say what you will about Beats, but Dre can produce clean records.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #13,976 of 23,366
Quote:
i dont know about the rest of you, but i think the very simple, matt black brushed metal is a small, yet noticeable change that makes all the difference. 

YES!! That's the combination I have been looking for since I bought the headphones. The brushed metal shields were not available by then.

Thanks for posting pictures. They are the "minimum spend" I'll make to get the XL pads as well.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #13,977 of 23,366

I went with all black everything; M-100s, Vamp Verza, and iPhone 5 with Metallo case.  I do like the orange cable with all the black, though.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #13,978 of 23,366
Quote:
YES!! That's the combination I have been looking for since I bought the headphones. The brushed metal shields were not available by then.

Thanks for posting pictures. They are the "minimum spend" I'll make to get the XL pads as well.

oh im glad someone agrees with me =] i got my m-100s from the v-moda site where they force you to get an additional pair of shields, so i went with brushed metal and im very glad i did too. my minimum spend was supposed to be the faders, but they're now on sale for 15$ >_< i hope the sale ends by the time the xl pads come out... lol

Quote:

I went with all black everything; M-100s, Vamp Verza, and iPhone 5 with Metallo case.  I do like the orange cable with all the black, though.

that looks awsome! oh if only i could afford the verza... its a strange situation to be in, because i actually have quite a bit of money, but i refrain from spending it as its supposed to last me through 4 years of college. my phone is about to die, and im going to be spending just as much on a new phone as the verza would cost me, but i dont really NEED the verza you see? i should really congratulate myself for the self restraint im showing 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #13,980 of 23,366
Any news on the v-moda boom mic, XL pads, coil pro cables? Been waiting for months and months!

I too am waiting on news on the Coil Pro cables. Val, please update us!

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/accessories/tma-1-accessory-cable-coiled-black

this is what i use! i cut about 8 inches off the straight end and replaced it with a deferent connecter because i did not want an angle plug/ i wanted it to be shorter for portable use but it works with the m100!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back