V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #13,849 of 23,366
I just got the my m100s today. I intended to use them on my phone, nokia n9 but they dont work, theres no sound coming through them. It doesnt even notify as connected when i plug them in. need help.

That's odd, they work with my friend's N9. Are you sure that both sides of the plug are inserted all the way?

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #13,850 of 23,366
Quote:
Myself and most other people have reported next to no burn-in time, or at least not much detectable change over time.

Mkay. But for good measure the M-100 have now a running time of a few hours with electronic music at middle volume... :wink:

Next thing ist to buy new covers - the M-100 Shadow defenitely needs some red plates with the V-Moda logo... 
cool.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #13,851 of 23,366
Quote:
Mkay. But for good measure the M-100 have now a running time of a few hours with electronic music at middle volume... :wink:

Next thing ist to buy new covers - the M-100 Shadow defenitely needs some red plates with the V-Moda logo... 
cool.gif

On that regard make sure you resize the logo with the template.  I was lazy and just use the default V-MODA logo option, and the logo came out a bit too small to my liking.  Nhan has one of my red shield with the logo on it if you want to take a look.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #13,852 of 23,366
They are. I tested on my friends nokia n8 too, it played but with very bad quality and no bass. maybe i need a software update? I also tried on other non-nokia phones and  my pc, the headphones worked on all of them.

Quote:
That's odd, they work with my friend's N9. Are you sure that both sides of the plug are inserted all the way?

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #13,853 of 23,366
Quote:
the highs are also slightly rolled off intentionally to reduce fatigue

interesting you should say that. other than wanting a general upgrade, part of the reason i got the m-100 was because the dt 770s treble was fatiguing my ears. however, after about 15 minuets with the m-100s, i found that they were just as fatiguing, if not more.
i opened up sinegen and sure enough - ~7.6 kHz spikes by ~4 dB (the dt 770s spike at ~7 Khz by ~7 dB. this is all just my own experience ofcourse. im not making any generalizations or anything). i also have the feeling that from 10 kHz and up theres another increase in volume... anyway, no matter, a few days with sinegen and eq and ill find a way to make them less fatiguing. thing is, i was hoping to maybe use the m-100s portably, there goes that idea... perhaps my ears are more sensitive then others, ive noticed not many people get fatigue as bad as i do... 

Quote:
i need the xl pads my ears are hurting

my ears protrude out of my head a bit more than most, the xl pads will be a blessing.

after bashing the m-100s a bit, i felt i had to give some positive remarks too. because well, i think these headphones have taught me the meaning of some terms i wasnt clear on beforehand. the "clarity" on these cans is amazing! the sound really DOES sound clear and clean. also, i think i have finally come to understand what "tight/controlled" bass sounds like. i believe the dt 770s are indeed "muddier" in comparison.

i dont want to say too much. A, because these cans have been reviewed 1000 times and i dont want to be redundant and B, because i have only had a couple of days with my m-100s and i feel like it would be unfair to give any real impressions just yet.

all in all, first time i put the m-100s on i felt a significant difference over my dt 770s. im sure ill enjoy getting to know these headphones better, and i hope ill find the right eq settings to tame the fatigue.

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #13,854 of 23,366
I just got the my m100s today. I intended to use them on my phone, nokia n9 but they dont work, theres no sound coming through them. It doesnt even notify as connected when i plug them in. need help.

Which cable are you having problems with? My HTC One X didn't recognize the SharePlay cable but works fine with the one button cable. I contacted V-MODA about it and they offered to send me regular cable for free.

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #13,855 of 23,366
Quote:

This is the new boom mic looks the same too me

Could you post a picture of the whole cable? I am interested specially in the volume, etc. part.

EDIT: Never mind. I found them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/12645#post_9226533

Thanks, I tried going back to see, but gave up after a while. 923 pages is a lot to go through. Just figured if the shields were the same on both maybe the pads would be as well. I just really want to put white pads on them with blue shields, neither is available.

You can search through the gallery. It is much easier.

They fit in my M-100 pretty well. There was only one person I recall who couldn't get it to fit properly.

With the LP/LP2 pads I have, the bass is decreased, the mids are brought forward a bit, and the highs get more extension and texture, but grainy texture too.

Pad size differences:

They do fit, but I wouldn´t say perfectly. They fit much tighter. I had to use pliers to get all the tabs to grab the base of the pad.

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #13,856 of 23,366
Quote:
They fit in my M-100 pretty well. There was only one person I recall who couldn't get it to fit properly.

With the LP/LP2 pads I have, the bass is decreased, the mids are brought forward a bit, and the highs get more extension and texture, but grainy texture too.

Pad size differences:

They do fit, but I wouldn´t say perfectly. They fit much tighter. I had to use pliers to get all the tabs to grab the base of the pad.

Pliers? Wat....I can take them both with on/off with just my hands within a minute. >.>

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #13,857 of 23,366
Quote:
Pliers? Wat....I can take them both with on/off with just my hands within a minute. >.>

Yes for the original ones, not for the LP´s in my case. The LP base is definitely bigger than the M100. Remember that in every industrial process there is dispersion in the dimensions due to wear on the tools and other factors. Maybe you got a smaller part, maybe I got a bigger part, but in my case, entering with the hand is definitely not the case, and believe me, I am pretty familiar with what a tight and a loose fit is.

The M100 ones on the other hand, enter pretty well by hand.

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #13,859 of 23,366
Quote:

interesting you should say that. other than wanting a general upgrade, part of the reason i got the m-100 was because the dt 770s treble was fatiguing my ears. however, after about 15 minuets with the m-100s, i found that they were just as fatiguing, if not more.
i opened up sinegen and sure enough - ~7.6 kHz spikes by ~4 dB (the dt 770s spike at ~7 Khz by ~7 dB. this is all just my own experience ofcourse. im not making any generalizations or anything). i also have the feeling that from 10 kHz and up theres another increase in volume... anyway, no matter, a few days with sinegen and eq and ill find a way to make them less fatiguing. thing is, i was hoping to maybe use the m-100s portably, there goes that idea... perhaps my ears are more sensitive then others, ive noticed not many people get fatigue as bad as i do... 

my ears protrude out of my head a bit more than most, the xl pads will be a blessing.

after bashing the m-100s a bit, i felt i had to give some positive remarks too. because well, i think these headphones have taught me the meaning of some terms i wasnt clear on beforehand. the "clarity" on these cans is amazing! the sound really DOES sound clear and clean. also, i think i have finally come to understand what "tight/controlled" bass sounds like. i believe the dt 770s are indeed "muddier" in comparison.

i dont want to say too much. A, because these cans have been reviewed 1000 times and i dont want to be redundant and B, because i have only had a couple of days with my m-100s and i feel like it would be unfair to give any real impressions just yet.

all in all, first time i put the m-100s on i felt a significant difference over my dt 770s. im sure ill enjoy getting to know these headphones better, and i hope ill find the right eq settings to tame the fatigue.

I agree on the listening fatigue, low trebles are quite aggressive for me. I also experience that even at low volumes (tipically I listen to 1/3 ipod touch 5g max volume). If you find out a good eq configuration please share with us !

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #13,860 of 23,366
Quote:
BE WARNED THE MIC ISNT THAT LOUD ON MY PC i have to turn on mic boost in my settings and the metal cord for the mic is too flexible, it moves on its own sometimes and i wish it was longer

None of these are true for me. All people I've used it with spoke positively about it. As for flexibility, yes a bit. I'm more concerned about rotational capabilities. I wish there was some way to lock it in place rather than having it swing side to side. The flexibilty I can deal with, the rotational I can't as much. It still isn't terrible though. And over all, on my computer it is rather good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back