V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #13,441 of 23,366
The M-80's are awesome. The only reason I let them go was because I wanted over-ears.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #13,443 of 23,366
Quote:
yep, m80 is nearly as good as the s500, driver is slightly slower and mids sound a bit more hollow with the m80 though

Dang the s500 must be a good deal, Can't go wrong with V-MODA. I always wanted some on ear. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #13,444 of 23,366
Quote:
Just finished making my video review of the M-100.

Thanks for the review Nhan.  I like how you showed off the white with blue and grey shields, the LP2 pads and the Boom pro mic.  I just read your Amazon review as well.  No M-80 review?  Am still waiting for white to be available through Amazon since I have gift cards that I want to use towards the purchase of the M-100.

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #13,445 of 23,366
I was actually planning an M-80 review next. Expect that in a few days.

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #13,446 of 23,366
Not tur
I love everything about the M-100 but would like more choices for cords. Is V-MODA coming out with longer or coiled cords? If not, are there 3rd-party longer cords I can use with the M-100?

Any 3.5mm male to male cable will work.
[/qu FALSE! You need a skinny connecter to get into the headphone! Aiaiai makes cables that fit/ nu-force also, makes one! If the connector housing is more than 2x the diameter of a 3.5mm connect you will have issues

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #13,447 of 23,366
Quote:
I never thought I would say this, but I completely agree with money4me247.  I think it is more than a stretch to believe the color of the earpads has ANY effect on the sound assuming the same materials are used and they have had the same break-in period which goes back to materials, not color.  Although,  I did shut off my lights last night while in the middle of a song and the sound signature of my M-100 completely changed
evil_smiley.gif

hahaha... well, i was standing in the sunshine this morning & man, the bass definitely warmed up.

the thing is I did own one pair of white M100 with grey earpads and one pair of black M100 with black earpads for 60 days. I tested them both extensively and I could not tell the sound difference between them. I did find the white M100s slightly more comfortable than the black M100s, but that was not due to the color of the earpads, it was that the grey earpads was stuffed with slightly more foam than the black earpads. (a manufacturing variability unrelated to the color of the ear pads).

if the "break down" of ear pads cause a significant detectable change in sound quality, then everyone's same model headphones will sound distinctly different as they all have been used and worn for different lengths of time. and you would be able to identify the color of the ear pads and the length of period of ownership from a sonic audition... I personally find that kind of claim hard to believe, and I would ask for someone to conduct an experiment to demonstrate a consistent correlation between color and sonic changes.

on top of that you would have to isolate that the sound changes are caused from "break-in" rather than other audiophile theories such as the "burn-in." currently, some audiophiles believe in the "burn-in," but not everyone knows about the idea of "break-in," which is what Dr. Sheep is talking about: http://headphonebreakin.blogspot.com/

you know this really reminds me of when the Sennheiser Momentum thread got derailed as the black version was released and people were debating whether brown vs black headphones sound inherently different due to the color of the headphones. pretty funny read. only audiophiles would make claims with color and performance. no one ever says that a black chair is more comfortable than a brown chair or that a red car is faster than a white car, because of the color change.

if there is a sonic difference between two identical model of different color headphones, I would say that you can probably find a similar difference in sonic quality in a pair of identical model, identical color headphones. aka the sound change that you experience is not related to the color of the headphones.

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #13,448 of 23,366
Quote:
I never thought I would say this, but I completely agree with money4me247.  I think it is more than a stretch to believe the color of the earpads has ANY effect on the sound assuming the same materials are used and they have had the same break-in period which goes back to materials, not color.  Although,  I did shut off my lights last night while in the middle of a song and the sound signature of my M-100 completely changed
evil_smiley.gif

I'm not sure why my grey pad M80s have softer cushioning than my black pad V80s, but they do.  Both headphones sound identical to me, though, and I don't assign a sonic preference to either. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #13,449 of 23,366
Also I was wondering isn't my profile picture of the V-MODA Vibrato? I believe Val said they were on par or better than the m80? Any one have experience with the vibrato. What about the klipsch image x10. Does the m100 have more bass then all of them right? Sorry, it is kind of silly comparing the m100 to some in ears.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #13,452 of 23,366
Quote:
Also I was wondering isn't my profile picture of the V-MODA Vibrato? I believe Val said they were on par or better than the m80? Any one have experience with the vibrato. What about the klipsch image x10. Does the m100 have more bass then all of them right? Sorry, it is kind of silly comparing the m100 to some in ears.

Funny how you mentioned that. I'm still waiting for Val and V moda to get them back into stock. After a few months of regular use, mine just suddenly cut sound out of the left ear. Ironically, the "clothed" cable lasts shorter than their regular rubber cable. But sonically, I preferred the M80s. I'd have to check again though. It's been months since I've had a good listening to them. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #13,453 of 23,366
Quote:
Funny how you mentioned that. I'm still waiting for Val and V moda to get them back into stock. After a few months of regular use, mine just suddenly cut sound out of the left ear. Ironically, the "clothed" cable lasts shorter than their regular rubber cable. But sonically, I preferred the M80s. I'd have to check again though. It's been months since I've had a good listening to them. 

I actually find the Vibrato to be on par with the quality of the M80.  The M80 is more linear, and will be more favored by the Head-Fi community though, there is no doubt about that.  

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #13,454 of 23,366
Quote:

I actually find the Vibrato to be on par with the quality of the M80.  The M80 is more linear, and will be more favored by the Head-Fi community though, there is no doubt about that.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back