V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #12,559 of 23,366
Quote:
One concern I would have with bigger pads is that ability to fit them in the same case.  That could either make them way more expensive, if they include a new case, or just less portable if they now longer fit.  

I have the same concerns about the case since it is already such a tight fit.  The pads were a big issue for me related to comfort when I first purchased the M-100.  Now that comfort has settled in, I would say bigger pads are almost a non-issue for me and I may leave well enough alone even after the larger pads are released.  I would say the pads make sense for anyone who has worn these for a long time and is still experiencing comfort issues.  Hopefully with memory foam, the pads can still fit inside the current cases and spring back into shape if they are compressed by the case. 

I wonder if Val has any thoughts on this???

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #12,560 of 23,366
i wonder when there will be more comfortable bigger pads for them. anyone who had comfort problems with them has a good solution to that?

This thread has been dominated the past several months by people stuffing their earpads with paper towel. You can see a post about inserting a wire one or two pages back, and if you type "paper towel mod" into the thread search feature you'll see metaphorical TONS of posts relating to your question.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #12,561 of 23,366
I hardly see any reviews of people complaining about the earpad diameter or cup depth of the LP/LP2 even though they have basically the same dimensions as the M-100. Considering the former 2 have a more mainstream sound and the latter having an audiophile-friendly signature, I postulate that audiophiles may, as a group, have abnormally large ears. It would explain why highly regarded audiophile headphones like the HD800, LCD-2/3, Stax, PS1000, etc. have such huge earcups. What other explanation could make possible the existence of the Jeklin Floats?

My suggesting for future V-MODA headphones i.e. MILANO, REVOLVER, would be to include on the outer earcup a small air pump, ala Reebok's Pumps circa early 1990s, which would allow users to customize their earpad size and comfort while also creating a better acoustic seal. A nice side effect of this type of headphone design is that it would allow its users to jump higher. How's that for a gaming/workout headphone?

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #12,562 of 23,366
Quote:
I hardly see any reviews of people complaining about the earpad diameter or cup depth of the LP/LP2 even though they have basically the same dimensions as the M-100. Considering the former 2 have a more mainstream sound and the latter having an audiophile-friendly signature, I postulate that audiophiles may, as a group, have abnormally large ears. It would explain why highly regarded audiophile headphones like the HD800, LCD-2/3, Stax, PS1000, etc. have such huge earcups. What other explanation could make possible the existence of the Jeklin Floats?

My suggesting for future V-MODA headphones i.e. MILANO, REVOLVER, would be to include on the outer earcup a small air pump, ala Reebok's Pumps circa early 1990s, which would allow users to customize their earpad size and comfort while also creating a better acoustic seal. A nice side effect of this type of headphone design is that it would allow its users to jump higher. How's that for a gaming/workout headphone?

Basically the same dimensions more or less, but they are different enough in dimension and material used that they do make the comfort levels different.

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #12,563 of 23,366

Haha!

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #12,564 of 23,366
im on the verge of getting the m-100. but then i read about the v-moda revolver (and v-moda milano?) a couple of posts up. i searched the forums for some info but couldnt find anything other than the fact the revolver will have revolving cups... is there any info on these new headphones? an estimate on when theyll be released? estimated msrp? something?? i wonder if its not worth my while waiting for those instead? perhaps they wont be as sensitive as the m-100?

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #12,565 of 23,366
Quote:
im on the verge of getting the m-100. but then i read about the v-moda revolver (and v-moda milano?) a couple of posts up. i searched the forums for some info but couldnt find anything other than the fact the revolver will have revolving cups... is there any info on these new headphones? an estimate on when theyll be released? estimated msrp? something?? i wonder if its not worth my while waiting for those instead? perhaps they wont be as sensitive as the m-100?

No info, but it wouldn't surprise me if Revolver is about 2 years away.  The M-100 is still considered a newer headphone that is just becoming available in many markets.  Any sooner and I think V-Moda risks cannibalizing M-100 sales.  In the forseeable future, the M-100 is as good as it gets for $300, so go for it!

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #12,566 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

No info, but it wouldn't surprise me if Revolver is about 2 years away.  The M-100 is still considered a newer headphone that is just becoming available in many markets.  Any sooner and I think V-Moda risks cannibalizing M-100 sales.  In the forseeable future, the M-100 is as good as it gets for $300, so go for it!

Not to mention it's their 'flagship' headphone. I don't think there's room for another headphone right now, unless it's another on-ear to compliment the LP/2's bass tilt?

WHO KNOWS. It's all speculation right now.

I'm pretty sure your best bet is the M-100, instead of waiting for the next thing. I like how V-Moda does this. Similar (but not really at all) to how Apple refreshes their product line up on a regular basis, V-MODA keeps hype up with new upcoming products with nothing but a name. But instead of a refresh, it's a new product to add to their variety. 

I'd love to see them do an IEM that can compete with some other giants. I mean, the M-100 bests many headphones in the 'mid-fi' $300 range, how about the mid-fi (<$250?) universal IEM market? They could make a flagship IEM with clip-on type attachments, no? I'm sure they can do something special with tips, make it unique, and even sell individual tip sets like they sell their cables. V-MODA cables are perfectly engineered, from the 45degree termination angle, to the kevlar to the positioning of the speak easy buttons/microphone; not to mention the variety of different cables and lengths. MrSpeakers uses V-MODA cables to send off with his MadDogs, so that accounts for something. Just imagine the engineering genius that V-MODA could put into IEM tips! 

Again, all speculation, but I hope Val is listening :wink: I very much would love an IEM to compliment my M-100s. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #12,567 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not to mention it's their 'flagship' headphone. I don't think there's room for another headphone right now, unless it's another on-ear to compliment the LP/2's bass tilt?

WHO KNOWS. It's all speculation right now.

I'm pretty sure your best bet is the M-100, instead of waiting for the next thing. I like how V-Moda does this. Similar (but not really at all) to how Apple refreshes their product line up on a regular basis, V-MODA keeps hype up with new upcoming products with nothing but a name. But instead of a refresh, it's a new product to add to their variety. 

I'd love to see them do an IEM that can compete with some other giants. I mean, the M-100 bests many headphones in the 'mid-fi' $300 range, how about the mid-fi (<$250?) universal IEM market? They could make a flagship IEM with clip-on type attachments, no? I'm sure they can do something special with tips, make it unique, and even sell individual tip sets like they sell their cables. V-MODA cables are perfectly engineered, from the 45degree termination angle, to the kevlar to the positioning of the speak easy buttons/microphone; not to mention the variety of different cables and lengths. MrSpeakers uses V-MODA cables to send off with his MadDogs, so that accounts for something. Just imagine the engineering genius that V-MODA could put into IEM tips! 

Again, all speculation, but I hope Val is listening :wink: I very much would love an IEM to compliment my M-100s. 

That's actually what I suggested in one of V-MODA's "what do you want for our next product" Facebook posts. So far the earphones V-MODA has to offer probably sound good, but don't offer nearly the same fidelity as others in the competing market from my experience.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #12,568 of 23,366
I heard their vibratos were good, but they were originally in ear market company but they should make some higher tier in ear. Anyway guys can you help me with this dilemma, what color combo should i get. The matte black with Gold shields, the matte black with glossy grey shields, the white with glossy black. I am leaning towards the Gold since it would it stick out somewhat and plus it wouldn't get dirty if for example have greasy hands or has some ink in my hands. The Black case is awesome and orange cable looks sick! The white seems nice but I have to wait another 4-6 weeks and plus the Black seems like a slick but low key. Any one's opinion?

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #12,569 of 23,366
Quote:
That's actually what I suggested in one of V-MODA's "what do you want for our next product" Facebook posts. So far the earphones V-MODA has to offer probably sound good, but don't offer nearly the same fidelity as others in the competing market from my experience.

I wish I saw that post. 

I haven't heard any of their earphones either, but I've never seen any of them recommended around here. Not to say they aren't good, but they're not really competing like the rest of their line up does. LP/2 does the basshead market justice, the M-80 is more stylish (and fwir better sounding) option for on-ear users/HD-25 upgraders, and the M-100 hits the right spot in the ~$300 market for an all-rounder portable over ear headphone.

I think it would be a smart move, considering they've been in the IEM market for longer, they could do so much with their modular way of designing products, and engineering each piece to perfection.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #12,570 of 23,366
Quote:
I heard their vibratos were good, but they were originally in ear market company but they should make some higher tier in ear. Anyway guys can you help me with this dilemma, what color combo should i get. The matte black with Gold shields, the matte black with glossy grey shields, the white with glossy black. I am leaning towards the Gold since it would it stick out somewhat and plus it wouldn't get dirty if for example have greasy hands or has some ink in my hands. The Black case is awesome and orange cable looks sick! The white seems nice but I have to wait another 4-6 weeks and plus the Black seems like a slick but low key. Any one's opinion?

I think the matte black and gold shields would look stellar! I seem to recall someone posting a photo of one somewhere and it just looked plain awesome, but I think white with shiny black would be nice too with the colour contrast.
The shiny shields tend to attract a lot of fingerprints, so make sure you keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back