V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #12,091 of 23,366
Yup, bought the red separately and it's much brighter than the one that came with my M100.  But the one that was included has that little extra dongle for another set.  Just wanted an clean red cable.
Quote:
FYI, the red cable included in shadow is a darker shade then the one bought separately.  It is very hard to tell just by the pictures, but I know this as I have both.  I am not sure why V-moda did this, as I do think that the straight cable's red is a closer match to the shade of red on the shadow.

p.s. did you buy that red cable separately?  I just look at your pic and that is the same shade of red from my straight cable but not the one with my shadow.

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #12,092 of 23,366
I bought my audio cable seperately, as I didn't want to be using the one with the remote, or the share play.

I can confirm the ones you get with the Shadows are of a more pinker colour than the actual audio only cable I got.
Mines pure red.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #12,093 of 23,366
Quote:
Yup, bought the red separately and it's much brighter than the one that came with my M100.  But the one that was included has that little extra dongle for another set.  Just wanted an clean red cable.

Nice, I guess we think alike.  But I do wish there are more color options for the cables to match the shields colors.

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #12,094 of 23,366
Quote:
This image will work fine, but if you need the exact layout then you need to use the psd template.  What color of shield you like?  I can convert this with the template pretty easily and attach it back for you.

Exact layout? PSD template? I am not sure what those are exactly.. As for the colour shield I was planning on another Matte Black shield with the image printed on them. But if you want to go through all the trouble to convert it for me then yes please!

Quote:
Has anyone tried the Google (LG) Nexus 4 with the M-100s un-amped? I have an iPhone 4S at the mo but I have the opportunity to change it for the Nexus. The only thing that's putting me off is that I would lose the 3 button remote functionality.

Also want to know this. While I use my Zune 120 for music I also have a N4 which I carry around.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #12,095 of 23,366
Quote:
Exact layout? PSD template? I am not sure what those are exactly.. As for the colour shield I was planning on another Matte Black shield with the image printed on them. But if you want to go through all the trouble to convert it for me then yes please!

Also want to know this. While I use my Zune 120 for music I also have a N4 which I carry around.

You can summit the psd file to V-moda for your shield. Do NOT summit the png image shown above, as it is only for display purposes.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #12,097 of 23,366
Quote:
Well look at that, B & H sells the m100's. Next time I'm in NYC, i'll be sure to try and listen to them there.

B&H is backordered on M-100s until April. The only V-MODA they have on display is the M-80. I actually walked through there with my white M-100s around my neck. I  was listening to some HDJ-2000s when one of the salesmen approached me and asked, "Is that the M-100?"

He was genuinely fascinated by them and asked me all sorts of questions about how much I like them and how they folded up. We eventually caught the eye of a second salesman who was completely stoked to see a pair in the flesh and after almost ripping them out of my hands offered me $500 for them. It was tempting, especially whilst in the presence of the HDJ-2000s and DT 880s and SRH-940s, etc. but the thought quickly passed and I snatched them out of his hands and replaced them upon my naked nape.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #12,098 of 23,366
Quote:
B&H is backordered on M-100s until April. The only V-MODA they have on display is the M-80. I actually walked through there with my white M-100s around my neck. I  was listening to some HDJ-2000s when one of the salesmen approached me and asked, "Is that the M-100?"

He was genuinely fascinated by them and asked me all sorts of questions about how much I like them and how they folded up. We eventually caught the eye of a second salesman who was completely stoked to see a pair in the flesh and after almost ripping them out of my hands offered me $500 for them. It was tempting, especially whilst in the presence of the HDJ-2000s and DT 880s and SRH-940s, etc. but the thought quickly passed and I snatched them out of his hands and replaced them upon my naked nape.

I would have taken the money.  Just buy another pair and pocket the difference...

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #12,099 of 23,366
Quote:

Maybe the white and the shadow versions, but not the matte black version http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/907362-REG/V_Moda_M_100_U_MBLACKM_CROSSFADE_M_100_MATTE.html

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #12,101 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back