V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #12,016 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I've read it on here from people who probably heard it from V-Moda, so that's probably true. :)

I just got an e-mail from Amazon that wasn't automated asking for more details and stating that the issue would be forwarded to the inventory team to help ensure it's not anything more than an isolated issue. 

As much as I like the M-100s, if the third one isn't as it should be, I will have to give them some more time to iron out quality issues and pick them up later on down the road or find a suitable alternative.

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I am one of the first M-100 owners as I was in on the first preorder and I have had zero quality issues, no complaints.

Hm...hey Craigster75, can you do a quick test for me?

Taylor Swift - Sparks Fly 1:37-1:50
Does your M-100 make a rattling noise at that time frame? I just noticed that right now while listening to it on my MacBook Pro at a milk tea restaurant. I don't think that's a normal sound in the track so I wanted to confirm it with you. I also noticed some extra texture/noise in another track on my iPhone 4S while mobile listening earlier today. Maybe my driver is going bad? I hope not...and I hope they're just bad recordings.
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #12,017 of 23,366
Quote:
Before you exchange it again, if you didn't do so already, did you check to make sure the earpads are in the correct direction? There is an orientation to the earpad as I explained in a previous post, and this photo:

If that circled part is at the bottom of the M-100's earcup (the way it's supposed to be), the earpad should be able to just be "snapped" into place. If that circled part is at the top of the M-100's earcup (this orientation is incorrect), the earpad will create a gap in the seal from what I understand from your description, and it will definitely take a ton of effort to get the whole earpad under all of the plastic tabs.

This is the material of the ear pad itself.  It's peeling off and curling backwards.  I would take a picture of it but I'm not able to at the moment.  At first I thought it was just untucked and needed to be pushed back under but you can tell after a little more thought that this is the ear pad material itself and it should have an adhesive of some sort on this part.

I'm fortunate enough that I have another M-100 with me at the moment that allowed me to compare.  The original M-100 you can not get this material to come from under the plastic and curl back.  It's stuck underneath the plastic and properly adhered.  It looks very secure and professional where as the replacement pair it had several spots where it appears no adhesive at all was used.  One section is about an inch long almost and the other spots are less noticeable, but when you compare both M-100s side by side it is pretty noticeable.

Thanks for the advice, though.  I wish it was something I could fix but then again, I'm a firm believer if it's NIB you shouldn't have to fix any thing.  Modifications are one thing, but "repairing" a new product is something else entirely.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your experience.  I am one of the first M-100 owners as I was in on the first preorder and I have had zero quality issues, no complaints.

Thanks.  The first pair was great at first and then mysteriously the plastic on the end of the right headband where the red V is (For the Shadow model) came apart.

Amazon is making it right and I am hopeful that the third time's a charm.  I'll report back tomorrow when the new pair comes in.  I wasn't 100% certain if I liked the variation in sound signature on this one.  The bass was a bit more prominent, more so than I recalled on the original pair, but without both of them being brand new a proper A / B in that regard was impossible.

Though when the new pair comes in tomorrow I will be able to properly A/B the two new pairs with zero burn-in.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #12,019 of 23,366
According to VMODA's website, it does not transfer.  I'm not sure how strict they are on this, but the website information does state it doesn't transfer to another owner.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #12,020 of 23,366
Quote:

Does your M-100 make a rattling noise at that time frame? I just noticed that right now while listening to it on my MacBook Pro at a milk tea restaurant. I don't think that's a normal sound in the track so I wanted to confirm it with you. I also noticed some extra texture/noise in another track on my iPhone 4S while mobile listening earlier today. Maybe my driver is going bad? I hope not...and I hope they're just bad recordings.
confused_face(1).gif

Sorry dude, no rattling. Listening through Vamp near full volume, 256K Apple Plus file.

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #12,021 of 23,366
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

It is your headphone crying for better music....

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #12,022 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

confused_face(1).gif

Sorry dude, no rattling. Listening through Vamp near full volume, 256K Apple Plus file.

Odd, I'm back at home and I can hear it through my K 701's and CX300 earphones. Maybe it's a mastering error because it stands out like a sore thumb to me. I have a FLAC file accurately ripped from the CD using EAC. I'll probably listen to it through the CD just to confirm it. Nevermind, that's not necessary as I can hear it in the iTunes Store version too (listen at 0:59).

As for the iPhone thing, I had an external EQ on from an app...yeah I'm removing that app since I don't think it's a very good one. XD

Phew, false alarm.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #12,025 of 23,366
My M-100 had the right ear sound/volume substantially lower than the left ear. In addition to that huge problem, I found that the M-100 didn't work well via an iOS device or Macbook Pro without an amplifier. For anyone that is interested in my opinion of sound quality -- I believe the AKG K167 sounds better than the V-MODA M-100 (but the V-MODA build quality and comfort is 100x better than the AKG K167s).

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #12,026 of 23,366
Really? That's like the opposite of what the M100 is supposed to achieve. It's supposed to driven well stright from an iPhone or iPod, and aside from that, many users mention it does scale well with various portable amps, myself included.

Do I think it needs to be amped, nooooo way. I'm also using it from my iPod touch, where every other headphone Or iem I've had I blast it at 100% volume, I can only take 85% volume max before my ears burst.

so I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the M100 require an amp.

I do however believe the FXZ200 are better with an amp than straight from my iPod, but not the M100

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #12,027 of 23,366
Quote:
kinda need to sell these m-100 now as sad as it is, thats why i was asking if any one lived in MN, or i could figure out how to sell them on here, i seem to have lost my password from amazon and my yahoo account hasnt worked in a long time, money is getting kind of tight so i need the money, if anyone could give me info on how to sell these on here would be great! not looking for any more than 280 OBO to be honest only used for les than a week.

Why don't you just return them?  There is a lost password link on Amazon, just like any other online site.  

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #12,029 of 23,366
Sort of off topic: I just made some Gundam related shield templates as psd with GIMP, and please feel free to use them.  Too bad I did my custom shield with only JPG and PNG, so my own Nu Alpha and Hi-Nu logos wasn't as nice as these.. :p.  Have fun.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #12,030 of 23,366
So after a hiatus I am back and I can gladly say I have a job now.

Tell me, are they as great as we all hoped? Also, is there still a discount/deal up if I order straight from V-Moda? I am so ready to get these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back