V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #11,131 of 23,366
Quote:
I'll be answering questions here. 

TO LOCK OR NOT TO LOCK ACOUSTICS.  this is the question... I'd love your feedback, my protos are out on loan right now but I'll organize a time soon to test for those in LA and San Diego if there are enough volunteers.  Need more test subjects and subjective data for our database on it, I'm a fiend for use-case and preference statistics in making decisions.  With M-80 I was on tour so I used a 31-band EQ with producers, M-100 data has been from audiophiles and consumers. 

Stay TUNED... literally!

-v

don't mean to hack this thread but i see the hinge system on the m100, very impressive. Its probably the strongest hinge for headphones i've ever seen. I was wondering if Val would be implementing these on the the other headphones (lp,lp2), M-80 especially. It would add another great feature to an already great headphone that is the m-80.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #11,132 of 23,366
Quote:
Anyone experience pain on the top of the head? My ears are fine but the top where the band touches my head aches after a while.
I should note, I wear these with only one click of the headband adjustment on each ear.
My head is that small lol.

Nope not me. I think BRSxIgnition had a similar problem though. My headband is on click #3.

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #11,134 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey what are some songs you guys have found that you think sound really awesome with the M-100's?

Sorry to be posting this again buuuttt... here's a playlist of song that I listen to a LOT with the M-100s:

100s

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #11,135 of 23,366
Quote:
I really cannot wait for you to see how the M-100 matches VAMP VERZA and your device, it'll be pretty special to unveil it as they have been developed side by side to be a perfect match.

Val, have you set pricing on it yet (or willing to share?).  I decided to hold off on my DAC/Amp purchase hoping that it's priced to match the M-100, not just sonically matched.

Quote:
Mids
Haven't had time to read all the posts quite yet, but I saw some chatter about the mids. Mids are highly reflective of the "concha" and positioning of the headphone on the ear so it definitely is one of the areas that varies the most from user to user based on your ear/fit. It is also the reason I don't trust FR graphs for sound, especially as much in the mids. Try a few different positions of how you wear the headphones, even more front and back than normal and you may be able to pick up on some slight changes. As the cushions wear in better, the mids are one area that are significantly improved IMO because it'll start to angle more to work with your concha.  #EaroftheBeholder & the finer details of "the fit is the
sound"

I wonder if this right here isn't why some of us are having very different experiences with the headphones.  I am one of the many that have no issues with the mids at all -- Like I said before, outside of the ear pad depth I feel like these headphones were made for me.

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #11,136 of 23,366
Just a word of advice for anyone in the UK thinking of ordering these from V Moda direct, don't use USPS shipping. Everything is fine at the US end however when they arrive in the UK, it takes nearly 2 weeks to clear customs and reach the final delivery depot. Unless you chase it up with Parcelforce you will then be waiting for them to send you a letter telling you to pay customs charges (which you can pay online) before they will deliver. You can pay at the final depot and collect if you prefer.

N.B. The Stamps tracking number will work if you put it into Parcelforces tracking web page.

My advice would be pay a bit extra and use UPS shipping.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #11,139 of 23,366
So....i hooked these up to a old rooted samsung galaxy tab 10.1 with the voodoo sound mod and....this s*** sounds awesome. there seems to be a pretty good wolfson amp in this tab and the voodoo sound gives you significant control over the sound....im not sure i need a z02 anymore....voodoo plus poweramp feels like....right.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #11,140 of 23,366

I was just reading some M100 reviews on Amazon and I found a response from Val to a customer who complained about the M100 ear pads not being deep enough.

[size=small]"The ear cushion size included with M-100 will fit and give the best sonic performance for the majority of customers, as evidenced by Crossfade LP/LP2/M-100 the highest-rated modern headphone on Amazon.com out of 20,000+ choices. We have spent ~7 years of ergonomic R&D on the Crossfade Series, "the fit is the sound" and we have a utilitarianism philosophy of "greatest sound and comfort for the greatest amount of people". [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]However, since everybody is unique and has a different ear and head shape, we hear you and are in final R&D phases to make a XL ear cushion for LP/LP2/M-100 that is optimized to have a bigger diameter/depth. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]When this cushion is finished, we will offer it to M-100/LP/LP2 owners with a special program that is not for profit. For those who love the sound and comfort as it is today (that has earned it so many editor's choice awards from CNET to Sound and Vision), the larger cushion will not sound as good as it may sound boomier and the mids won't be as "rich". [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]It is a very delicate balance of sound and fit for a universal headphone and our team has dedicated our lives to this cause. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Thanks for your support and HAPPY NEW EARS!"[/size]

Dec 29, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #11,142 of 23,366
Quote:

I was just reading some M100 reviews on Amazon and I found a response from Val to a customer who complained about the M100 ear pads not being deep enough.

[size=small]"The ear cushion size included with M-100 will fit and give the best sonic performance for the majority of customers, as evidenced by Crossfade LP/LP2/M-100 the highest-rated modern headphone on Amazon.com out of 20,000+ choices. We have spent ~7 years of ergonomic R&D on the Crossfade Series, "the fit is the sound" and we have a utilitarianism philosophy of "greatest sound and comfort for the greatest amount of people". [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]However, since everybody is unique and has a different ear and head shape, we hear you and are in final R&D phases to make a XL ear cushion for LP/LP2/M-100 that is optimized to have a bigger diameter/depth. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]When this cushion is finished, we will offer it to M-100/LP/LP2 owners with a special program that is not for profit. For those who love the sound and comfort as it is today (that has earned it so many editor's choice awards from CNET to Sound and Vision), the larger cushion will not sound as good as it may sound boomier and the mids won't be as "rich". [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]It is a very delicate balance of sound and fit for a universal headphone and our team has dedicated our lives to this cause. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Thanks for your support and HAPPY NEW EARS!"[/size]

Nice find.
I'm curious as to how the new pads will sound. The bass might be bigger with larger pads, hence him saying it'll be boomier, but does that mean it's not going to sound as detailed? And with my wound dressing mod, I'm pretty satisfied with the mids because they're a little more natural than pre mod. He mentioned before that ear size/shape accounts for how mids sound to each individual person, so with the XL pads would the sound be more inline with how I'm hearing them with my mod? And on the same hand, would the XL pads, withe the wound dressing mod, further affect the sound, but not in the same way as I'm hearing it now? So many questions! 

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #11,145 of 23,366
So I tried the paper towel mod because I've been having this pain on my right ear, but not so much my left ear (not sure why, I could lean to my right more, or have different sized ears, don't know, lol). I'd have to say I am totally digging the comfort more, the sound is still amazing -- even with skrillex, I'm still hearing a ton of bass.
I haven't had the chance to go get the wound dressing material yet, but I definitely will since a majority of people are saying its better sound-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back