V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 31, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #11,161 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Good post and I think it was actually Jude, the owner of Head-fi that pushed for it...tho he may not have come up with the idea originally.

From what I recall, Val said something like "I'm getting tired of black & red everywhere. But I've really been into Orange lately." That was a paraphrase, but he also asked about blue, and a bunch of us weighed in. Then he showed us a picture of the retail boxes, and it was pretty much game over
wink.gif
(despite a few photoshop efforts).

The Sun Orange shields! What a combo! I have it and it's very nice. But really, I don't think there's a colour combo that's wrong (Unless you got the shadows, red doesn't really 'match' with much very well)

I'm really digging the matte black too. It's so sexy, and NOT flashy. My shiny Sun Orange shields give it a nice flare. I'm thinking of getting some more colour combos with my Matte Black M-100s; purple audio only cable and a set of green custom shields, the combination of orange, green and purple just appeals to me so much. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #11,162 of 23,366
The Sun Orange shields! What a combo! I have it and it's very nice. But really, I don't think there's a colour combo that's wrong (Unless you got the shadows, red doesn't really 'match' with much very well)

I'm really digging the matte black too. It's so sexy, and NOT flashy. My shiny Sun Orange shields give it a nice flare. I'm thinking of getting some more colour combos with my Matte Black M-100s; purple audio only cable and a set of green custom shields, the combination of orange, green and purple just appeals to me so much. 

I've gotta find my LPs dammit! It saddens me that all I can find of it is one of the Velcro "pouches" with the iPhone cable in it :frowning2:
Where have you seen that color combination together? Putting the colors together all at once in my mind "looks" like WOAH Nellie! to me. That's the beauty of it though, you can do whatever you want, and so can I :)

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #11,163 of 23,366
I've been following this thread daily while waiting for my replacement M100s to come in (my first set has a dead left side).  I've tried them out for comfort and tried out the paper towel mod with little success.  Having some 1/4" tubing lying around, I gave that a shot and from a comfort level. wow, what a difference. They went from flat, uncomfortable and touching my ears to wow, extremely comfy and almost cavernous.  Now, not sure what difference it will have on the SQ - but I will give it a shot when my replacements are in.
popcorn.gif

Here are some pics while I'm waiting for the new pair..
BTW - the left side has the tubing while the right side does not..

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #11,164 of 23,366
Quote:
Finally, infinite E-points to whoever came up with the Matte Black+Orange cable combination (I'm pretty sure it was someone on the forum who suggested that combo way back in this thread to Val).

+1  My favorite color combo as well!  I will say I would have preferred a more vivid version of orange, but I still like it either way.  Would like to see the shadow style headband on the matte-black as well.  Without the red detailing of course.  

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #11,165 of 23,366
Last night I dusted off some old CDs and converted to Apple Plus files.  I have spent the past two hours listening to Fleetwood Mac and Sade.  Vocals and instruments are smooth and detailed with excellent imaging.  The bass adds life without competing for "sonic real estate".  I have lots of stuff to do today to get ready for New Year's Eve and I am struggling to take the M-100s off my head.  Trying to multi-task.  Two months after buying them, they still surprise me as I dig deeper into my collection.  I can't wait to get my Vamp back after the firmware upgrade.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #11,166 of 23,366
The cracking of the headband and the pad discomfort users have been reporting... has this been fixed in new revision/production runs?

Also can I order a boom mic? I don't see it on the V-moda website. Well...I really want one bad!

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #11,167 of 23,366
Quote:
The cracking of the headband and the pad discomfort users have been reporting... has this been fixed in new revision/production runs?

Also can I order a boom mic? I don't see it on the V-moda website. Well...I really want one bad!

No idea on the first thing, although really the first one will just depend on your ear size. The boom mic and coil cable have supposedly been retooled, so you can expect those up again soon on the website. I think XL size earpads are in development too iirc

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #11,169 of 23,366
Quote:
I've been following this thread daily while waiting for my replacement M100s to come in (my first set has a dead left side).  I've tried them out for comfort and tried out the paper towel mod with little success.  Having some 1/4" tubing lying around, I gave that a shot and from a comfort level. wow, what a difference. They went from flat, uncomfortable and touching my ears to wow, extremely comfy and almost cavernous.  Now, not sure what difference it will have on the SQ - but I will give it a shot when my replacements are in.
popcorn.gif

Here are some pics while I'm waiting for the new pair..
BTW - the left side has the tubing while the right side does not..

Interesting. The stiff tubing should definitely offer some thickness over the paper towels. I've read other headphones' earpad mods and rope seems to be another "thick" solution.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #11,170 of 23,366
Quote:
Last night I dusted off some old CDs and converted to Apple Plus files.  I have spent the past two hours listening to Fleetwood Mac and Sade.  Vocals and instruments are smooth and detailed with excellent imaging.  The bass adds life without competing for "sonic real estate".  I have lots of stuff to do today to get ready for New Year's Eve and I am struggling to take the M-100s off my head.  Trying to multi-task.  Two months after buying them, they still surprise me as I dig deeper into my collection.  I can't wait to get my Vamp back after the firmware upgrade.

That's the best way to describe to people the difference between these, and everyone else's basshead phones.

I am really in love with my M-100s too. I'm excited for the new XL pads whenever they're available. I'm wondering if it'll sound like how the modded pads sound now. 

Quote:
Quote:

I've gotta find my LPs dammit! It saddens me that all I can find of it is one of the Velcro "pouches" with the iPhone cable in it
frown.gif

Where have you seen that color combination together? Putting the colors together all at once in my mind "looks" like WOAH Nellie! to me. That's the beauty of it though, you can do whatever you want, and so can I
smily_headphones1.gif

I just envisioned it in my head after someone mentioning the purple audio only cable, and seeing someone else's green shields on matte black.... Pure sex. And custom shields for that personal touch are always a nice plus.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #11,171 of 23,366
Well I´ve been using the M100 for 3 weeks now. First it was incredibly uncomfortable, only 15 minutes before my ears turn red and hurt. However, the memory foam has loose a lot, and now I can wear them for 3 hours in a row without discomfort and without changing the sound quality (paper towel). 

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #11,172 of 23,366
Quote:
Well I´ve been using the M100 for 3 weeks now. First it was incredibly uncomfortable, only 15 minutes before my ears turn red and hurt. However, the memory foam has loose a lot, and now I can wear them for 3 hours in a row without discomfort and without changing the sound quality (paper towel). 

Definitely woldn't say it changes the sound QUALITY. There's all the quality of the M-100s before, just... a little bit better in some areas imo.
Again, perhaps because my ears aren't suited for the size of pads, maybe the signature I'm hearing from my modded M-100s is more what it's supposed to sound like with the XL pads, but I don't know.

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #11,173 of 23,366
HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #11,174 of 23,366
Quote:
HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?

The mids on the TMA-1's iirc are incredibly recessed. Much more of a bass emphasis. Very dark. The M-100's also have a bass emphasis but the mids are placed just very slightly back to my ears, although YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back