V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 31, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #11,177 of 23,366
Having tried the TMA1 at length and just spent a couple of hours listening to the M-100, from memory I would say they have a similar bass emphasis but the M-100 to my ears, extends the bass lower yet manages to control it at least as well. I find the mids on the M-100 perfectly acceptable and would not describe it as either recessed or laid back. The mids are not emphasised, the bass is, but not excessively. The highs on the M-100 are significantly better than the TMA1 without being at all harsh.

Having said all that, there are those on these forums with experience of far more headphones than I, who would not altogether agree!

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #11,179 of 23,366
Quote:
HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?

These have far superior sub-bass compared to TMA-1.  Also, TMA-1 is veiled compared to the M-100.  M-100 is superior across the range, TMA-1 is really not even in the same league.  Happy New Year!!!

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #11,180 of 23,366
Quote:
Having tried the TMA1 at length and just spent a couple of hours listening to the M-100, from memory I would say they have a similar bass emphasis but the M-100 to my ears, extends the bass lower yet manages to control it at least as well. I find the mids on the M-100 perfectly acceptable and would not describe it as either recessed or laid back. The mids are not emphasised, the bass is, but not excessively. The highs on the M-100 are significantly better than the TMA1 without being at all harsh.
Having said all that, there are those on these forums with experience of far more headphones than I, who would not altogether agree!

To me the M-100's tread a fine line between being not emphasized compared to the bass and a tad laid back, but I really don't have any complaints about it.

Having tried out the TMA-1's at a local best buy, I can say that while there's much more bass emphasis, it's not nearly as clean as the bass on the M-100's, and it doesn't have the same quality to it.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #11,183 of 23,366
I do have a wee concern with the M-100 case, as the cable has to be removed to keep it in the case, will this lead to the input getting loose or worn out. How does everyone store their M-100s?

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #11,184 of 23,366
Quote:
I do have a wee concern with the M-100 case, as the cable has to be removed to keep it in the case, will this lead to the input getting loose or worn out. How does everyone store their M-100s?

I'm probably the "oldest" M-100 owner here and I use it quite regularly (more so during winter - excellent earmuffs with quality SQ), I've not had the 3.5mm socket nor the plug wear out yet. I yank out the cord often too (i.e. I'm not gentle)...see my M-80 link and you know I'm not gentle to V-Moda products.

This past weekend though I did have my right earcup come out of the fork when I dropped my M-100. But it's just a simple clip back in - nothing broken. Of all, I may see that part losen more (the fork to the cup joint) - since the Cliqfold gets used the most more than socket.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #11,185 of 23,366

I too thought this...I no longer remove the cable when putting it in the case, more than enough room to just throw it over the top of the headphones!

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #11,186 of 23,366
Quote:

I was just reading some M100 reviews on Amazon and I found a response from Val to a customer who complained about the M100 ear pads not being deep enough.

[size=small]"The ear cushion size included with M-100 will fit and give the best sonic performance for the majority of customers, as evidenced by Crossfade LP/LP2/M-100 the highest-rated modern headphone on Amazon.com out of 20,000+ choices. We have spent ~7 years of ergonomic R&D on the Crossfade Series, "the fit is the sound" and we have a utilitarianism philosophy of "greatest sound and comfort for the greatest amount of people". [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]However, since everybody is unique and has a different ear and head shape, we hear you and are in final R&D phases to make a XL ear cushion for LP/LP2/M-100 that is optimized to have a bigger diameter/depth. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]When this cushion is finished, we will offer it to M-100/LP/LP2 owners with a special program that is not for profit. For those who love the sound and comfort as it is today (that has earned it so many editor's choice awards from CNET to Sound and Vision), the larger cushion will not sound as good as it may sound boomier and the mids won't be as "rich". [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]It is a very delicate balance of sound and fit for a universal headphone and our team has dedicated our lives to this cause. [/size][size=small][/size]
[size=small][/size]
[size=small]Thanks for your support and HAPPY NEW EARS!"[/size]

This is good news - that my ears touch the drivers is the only problem i really have with the M-100. I wonder when the XL ear cushions will be avail?

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #11,188 of 23,366
Guys where in the US or Canada can you find a dealer who sells them on their show case floors? I tried calling every single major department store around my area in the US and Canada and no one sells these : /  Thanks guys.

Anoob

Jan 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #11,189 of 23,366
Guys where in the US or Canada can you find a dealer who sells them on their show case floors? I tried calling every single major department store around my area in the US and Canada and no one sells these : /  Thanks guys.

Anoob

Well these are so new that it doesjt seem like there are any Brock and mortar stored with them in stock. In due time I'm sure Apple stores will have them, and I'm hoping Val read my comment on having them on display/audition at Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, but as of now I dont think many, if any place would have them for audition quite yet.

Though I think a great idea would be to tour With a truck during a large scale concert tour in the summer, such as Vans Warped Tour, or similar, and have the kids check out these bodmon stylish headphones.
As a promoter I often think of viral/guerrilla marketing tactics

edit; oh god the typos. I'll fix it up when I'm at a computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back