V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #10,636 of 23,366
Ok, today i went shopping for v-moda's. Me and my mom went to best buy, fred myers, the mall, gamestop, target, walmart, etc. Every store that has a electronics area and could not find a single v-moda, seinheiser, audio-technica headphone to buy for christmas. It was all mainstream beats, sony's, bose, sol republic. Can someone please tell me why i couldn't find m beloved Crossfades or m100's in those stores! I just want to get some good quality headphones X(

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #10,637 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok, today i went shopping for v-moda's. Me and my mom went to best buy, fred myers, the mall, gamestop, target, walmart, etc. Every store that has a electronics area and could not find a single v-moda, seinheiser, audio-technica headphone to buy for christmas. It was all mainstream beats, sony's, bose, sol republic. Can someone please tell me why i couldn't find m beloved Crossfades or m100's in those stores! I just want to get some good quality headphones X(

http://v-moda.com/verified-resellers/

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #10,638 of 23,366
Quote:

RadioShack and Microsoft Stores are the only retail stores that sell V-MODA products in my area. As what you observed, everywhere else just sells the mainstream stuff... :/
Guitar Center and GameStop are listed as verified resellers on V-MODA's website, but none of the stores around here carry them. When I asked about them at Guitar Center, the employee hadn't even heard of V-MODA.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #10,642 of 23,366
Quote:

You won't, just use Amazon and be happy.

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #10,647 of 23,366

also the new vmodas have pretty much been sold out everywhere
looks like wait times have been on general a month with shipping

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #10,648 of 23,366
Just got my M-100 less than an hour ago! I was shocked to see how small it folds into!
From someone who is not super-analytical, I find the mids to be okay. Its not quiet or anything like Beats *shiver*
Compared to the M-80 and Westone W3, I find that there is not as much emphasis on the mid bass and upper bass as compared to the rest of the bass spectrum. I may be crazy.
Hmm... and this is odd. I am playing a 20Hz tone on my laptop. On my M-80(30% volume) the 20Hz actually makes it vibrate more. The M-100 (50% volume since it runs quieter) does not have as much of a rumble as the M-80.
Just from wearing it for the past 30 minutes, I can already feel some discomfort from my ears touching the enclosures.
And build quality... Just as my M-80, the right fork squeaks when I pinch them together. I can wriggle the forks on both sides. My M-80's left side was perfection. This is the only thing that bothers me. I will see if the M-100 is worth keeping as I expected something that would have a much stronger sub-bass. I will also see if burn-in saves it's butt.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #10,649 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm not approaching V-Moda about it. Afterall this cracked under my hands in trying fo flex to losen the clamping force. And to expect plastic not to crack would be unreasonable. In my mind, V-Moda's indestructibility really refers to its ability to face severe impact but still function as a headphone. A wingplate crack is more cosmetic but doesn't impact the M-100's ability to function as a headphone nor does it affect its sound quality.

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/#durability

Durability == Durability there's no different way to put it! The Shure SRH940 headband cracks and still "functions" as a headphone if you tape everything back together. Cosmetic or not, if I read the word DURABILITY somewhere, I expect just that, to be durable and not break in 2 months... (or less).

evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #10,650 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not approaching V-Moda about it. Afterall this cracked under my hands in trying fo flex to losen the clamping force. And to expect plastic not to crack would be unreasonable. In my mind, V-Moda's indestructibility really refers to its ability to face severe impact but still function as a headphone. A wingplate crack is more cosmetic but doesn't impact the M-100's ability to function as a headphone nor does it affect its sound quality.

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/#durability

Durability == Durability there's no different way to put it! The Shure SRH940 headband cracks and still "functions" as a headphone if you tape everything back together. Cosmetic or not, if I read the word DURABILITY somewhere, I expect just that, to be durable and not break in 2 months... (or less).

evil_smiley.gif

Yeah that headband..... -.- Mine still works but the whole right adjustor is snapped-off the headband completely. I've still got that 2-year warranty in-hand though.

I just noticed that my M-100's left earcup has a small crack in it probably after dropping it at the last Head-Fi meet. I'm not too concerned about it since it works as advertised, just like my right earcup having some cracks after [stupidly] over-tightening the hex scews. Plastic is plastic after all. It isn't indestructible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back